• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pet Peeves -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran into some very annoying people today on the course and realized one of my pet peeves on the course was... People... Obviously just the annoying/stupid people. Here is what happened today.

1. As we were done putting/warming up and walking to #1 in Hickory some people pulled up, got out of there car and went straight to the teepad without stretching or anything. We were about 30ft from Teepad and had tossed our putters and what not to it.
2. While we were waiting for them to finish holing out on hole #1, we can both reach it, 2 more people come walking up and cut us off and go to throw. Speechless since we were sitting right by the pad waiting for the other group to finish up we just let it go.
3. On hole #3 as we are putting we have disc coming at us from one of those nice 2 disc people behind us.
4. After we let the fella play through on hole #4 a guy and his pregnant girlfriend, from the looks I'm guessing not wife, come walking up from somewhere else in the park. The guy is the only one playing so we let him play through/start his round because we don't liked to be rushed by singles behind us. After throwing 2 disc from the tee and playing them both out and taking about 5 minutes on a hole that is normally just Drive, Putt, Putt or Drive Putt... They both walked away apparently satisfied with the one hole that was played. (We have decided to never let a pregnant women play through again regardless if she is playing or not)
5. As this is occurring another guy playing single walks up and stands behind the bench, not saying a word. Once it is clear my buddy and I throw and tell him he can go ahead and throw and we will let him jump a head of us on the next hole, we had been at #4 for like 10 minutes and didn't want to wait anymore. He says no don't worry about it so we move on. After about 3 holes of us barely being away from the basket before he throws on us we decide to let him play through. And of course he throws an awful shot that manages to roll UP a rocky 6ft mound and then down a ridge towards the water.

After that we didn't have too much problems with people but all the above can be listed as a pet peeve... That is all... Thanks for reading...

Ran into some very annoying people today on the course and realized one of my pet peeves on the course was... People... Obviously just the annoying/stupid people. Here is what happened today.

1. As we were done putting/warming up and walking to #1 in Hickory some people pulled up, got out of there car and went straight to the teepad without stretching or anything. We were about 30ft from Teepad and had tossed our putters and what not to it.
2. While we were waiting for them to finish holing out on hole #1, we can both reach it, 2 more people come walking up and cut us off and go to throw. Speechless since we were sitting right by the pad waiting for the other group to finish up we just let it go.
3. On hole #3 as we are putting we have disc coming at us from one of those nice 2 disc people behind us.
4. After we let the fella play through on hole #4 a guy and his pregnant girlfriend, from the looks I'm guessing not wife, come walking up from somewhere else in the park. The guy is the only one playing so we let him play through/start his round because we don't liked to be rushed by singles behind us. After throwing 2 disc from the tee and playing them both out and taking about 5 minutes on a hole that is normally just Drive, Putt, Putt or Drive Putt... They both walked away apparently satisfied with the one hole that was played. (We have decided to never let a pregnant women play through again regardless if she is playing or not)
5. As this is occurring another guy playing single walks up and stands behind the bench, not saying a word. Once it is clear my buddy and I throw and tell him he can go ahead and throw and we will let him jump a head of us on the next hole, we had been at #4 for like 10 minutes and didn't want to wait anymore. He says no don't worry about it so we move on. After about 3 holes of us barely being away from the basket before he throws on us we decide to let him play through. And of course he throws an awful shot that manages to roll UP a rocky 6ft mound and then down a ridge towards the water.

After that we didn't have too much problems with people but all the above can be listed as a pet peeve... That is all... Thanks for reading...

Well said... think the only thing you left out is that fella' that wouldn't pass us on 4 had some sort of foot fungus :gross: and threw a (flick, side arm roller) on a hole where he obviously should not had and I do believe it rolled into the water.... and of course the guy that started his round on hole 4 and passed us threw 2 shots off the pad (Champion Drivers) and used both drivers as his putters (holing both out of course even tho one went 210 left and the other went 180 right..... and you forgot to mention the family that decided to walk right into the middle of the fairway on hole 4 right before we threw..... luckily we threw quick enough... as we walked up they still didnt notice we existed, there was a disc golf course, or that they were in the middle of a dangerous area.... they seemed very content starring into the sky as that airplane took off from hickory airport.... UGH!!! PEOPLE!

I was so happy to get into the woods!

ry%3D400

I think I could get the best of most dogs without killing them. :\

:rolleyes:

Yes, by all means, please move on before this gets out of hand. I'm all for that.

So with the recently improving weather, more people are out on my local courses. It's starting to remind me of summer with all the "frolf course mafioso punks" these days. I think we all know what I'm talking about, but I will elaborate if needed.

I like that more people are into disc golf, that's cool, but just looking at some of these fools annoys me these days. It makes me drive a half hour just to get out of the city. "Frolf punks" annoy anybody else this bad?

:rolleyes:

Yes, by all means, please move on before this gets out of hand. I'm all for that.

So with the recently improving weather, more people are out on my local courses. It's starting to remind me of summer with all the "frolf course mafioso punks" these days. I think we all know what I'm talking about, but I will elaborate if needed.

I like that more people are into disc golf, that's cool, but just looking at some of these fools annoys me these days. It makes me drive a half hour just to get out of the city. "Frolf punks" annoy anybody else this bad?

Yes. I'm starting out at sunrise to avoid them.

Is it me, or does it seem since the Disc Golf game came out of the PlayStation 3, there are more douchebags on the course?

Is it me, or does it seem since the Disc Golf game came out of the PlayStation 3, there are more douchebags on the course?

It does seem that since I started up again about a month ago (after a good 6-7 months) there are a good number of questionable people on the course. Most of them carry only 2 disc and they are both 13 speed.

It does seem that since I started up again about a month ago (after a good 6-7 months) there are a good number of questionable people on the course. Most of them carry only 2 disc and they are both 13 speed.

Plus, most of the noobs I run into, also don't believe in putters.

I met a new player about a year ago on the course. It was the guys 3rd time playing, and he had a DX Wraith, and an Aviar. He couldn't understand why the Wraith kept going left, and I told him he needed a slow driver like a Leopard. He looked at me, like I had just insulted his quality choice of a disc, and told me, "well, I will just throw it right, so it will finish left, and then proceed to toss the Wraith on a 223ft hole, and the disc only went about 140ft before it crashed and burned.

I didn't say anything , but I was thinking -----------> :doh:

Played a round with a couple of young guys on Saturday. One had a tye dye Beast and a putter. The other had a champ Orc and a putter. I don't remember them using the putters outside of 15 feet. They didn't understand why I carried 12 discs... or why anyone would use more than one putter.

Our local course is very busy all the time, but especially on Saturdays -- it seems this is the day for the newbies and casual players. Which, I have nothing against -- after all, we all started there at some point. But, when 7 of them meet to play and NEVER let you (by yourself) play through for an entire round of 18, it gets very annoying. This happened to me about two weeks ago atleast two or three times throughout the course. I ran into groups of atleast 6 or 7 people who could barely toss 40 feet -- every hole, I would catch up to them and sit there for 10 minutes while they all threw, yet they never let me play through. Sometimes I ask to go through, sometimes I wait for them to toss one in the water and run on by. :rolleyes: For the most part, most of the people who play at the course are pretty nice and considerate about letting faster groups play through -- but, those few large groups are what you unfortunately remember.

I also dislike hearing people say that "all high school kids are annoying" -- one day, a guy actually said this to his friend about a group in front of them with me standing right there (I'm 19, a year out of H.S.). Yes, the kids in front them were being very rude, but he could obviously see I was about the same age. I belong to the local club, support them through dues and leagues, and I am at the course to play...not to goof around. Please don't assume all of "us" are the same. :)

Garret

Hey, I said 90% :)
But the majority of the kids your age have zero respect for anything or anyone anymore. For whatever reason, this generation seems very immature, and has a very high sense of self importance and entitlement.

But the majority of the kids your age have zero respect for anything or anyone anymore. For whatever reason, this generation seems very immature, and has a very high sense of self importance and entitlement.

I understand and agree fully. Most kids my age that I meet at the course are exactly as you describe, but there are a few who really are into the sport. Most of the others hang out at the skate park adjacent to the course -- they vandalize everything in site and steal the golfers' discs. :rolleyes:

My point was that we are aren't all like that. :D

Garret

Your parents said the same thing guaranteed, so keep complaining old man. Those whipper snappers are always causing a ruckus. :gross:

I don't know if it is the generation. I think it may just be the age group. I mean, ten years ago I had a "very high sense of self-importance and entitlement". I was 18 and you sure as hell couldn't tell me anything I didn't already know. :rolleyes:

But as Garret H pointed out, there are kids (can't believe I'm saying that) out there that are mature and thank God for that. It just isn't the norm. Sad but true.

(now go home and play PS3, all ya durned whippersnappin frolf punks!)

:p

-When beginners looks at my bag of about 20 discs and say "Wow look at all the discs he has!"

-People putting with mids

-Throwing a disc in water

-A disc above 2 meters

-Losing a disc

If you did to my dog, you wouldn't be alive to make this post. The dog was probably running up to play with your daughter. She may have gotten hurt, so you were protecting her, I get it, but you caught it before it got to her and you it bit you because you hurt it, it was defending itself. You already had it restrained, killing it wasn't necessary.

If you were really around dogs your whole life, you should have known better. Sounds like your just an ******* with a out of control temper who feels like a big man because you can abuse and animal.
You truly deserve to be in jail or dead.

My biggest on the course pet peeve is disc theft, or flat out dishonesty. I played a couple rounds today and on two occasions we had two different groups try to take my buddy's disc. I don't know what the hell is going on at Roscoe, but it seems to happen out there a lot and its getting worse it appears.

Hey buddy, idk if anyone told you this, but dogs < people.

Hey buddy, idk if anyone told you this, but dogs < people.

Mmm ... touchy subject.

... and just for kicks and giggles:

Michael Vick's prison sentence (various charges associated with dogfighting) - 23 months

Donte Stallworth's prison sentence (DUI manslaughter) - 30 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts