• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pro Tour

Because Steve specifically said the PDGA disciplinary process was flawed. He was gonna do it better. The only reason he needed a disciplinary process was because they needed to fix the flawed PDGA process. Yet here we are with the same outcome. Hmmmmmm.

Worse outcome because he is suspended based on a disciplinary process that didnt exist when he cause the infraction that wasnt part of the tour. If players are upset because they do not know the consequences of their actions from the PDGA, they should be REALLY fearful that they are playing in a tour that can just make up rulings and rules after. That should be really scary.

Worse outcome because he is suspended based on a disciplinary process that didnt exist when he cause the infraction that wasnt part of the tour. If players are upset because they do not know the consequences of their actions from the PDGA, they should be REALLY fearful that they are playing in a tour that can just make up rulings and rules after. That should be really scary.

I'd be much more worried about the PDGA dweebs deciding these things than Steve Dodge and Nate Doss. I doubt any of the pros are "really fearful" of this at all. Maybe Steve Hill could interview some of them on this point.

After watching the PDGA take a good amount of time to process this particular incident and come to their decision, it baffles me that people are still fearful that they could be suspended unjustly.

GMC (Thur-Fri) is still sanctioned, tour finale (Sat-Sun) is not. Two different events.

Looks like in all this hullabaloo and website change, Steve forgot about all of us playing Fantasy Disc Golf for his tour. Couldn't find a way to make picks this week and I'm in 6th place... just out of the payout!!!

Sure would've loved to have a shot at moving up this week!

What? You didn't get the ballot allowing you to vote for your tour and player representative? :D

I listened to the Smashboxx Podcast today. Heard Steve Dodge talk about the rigorous vetting process that the DGPT (read -- Steve Dodge) goes through to choose which events will make the cut.

That made me curious to see which of the elite events were chosen for his 2017 tour.

I recognized Vibram, Ledgestone, Memorial, and Green Mountain. Most impressive. I wasn't sure about the Nick Hyde, but remembered it to be a cool event at the Rockwall, TX course; Harry Myers.

The rest were a bit new. Discovered that the Utah Open was a Non PDGA event. 2 rounds in 2015 and 3 in 2016. Interesting? Uhh.... yep.

I could find no info on the events called the Jonesboro Open or the Idlewild Open. Are these first time events? Hmmm...

The Waco Charity Event seems to be an annual neat little B tier fundraiser (with a great history BTW) But, still another Hmmm?

I admit to being very confused. The podcast led me to believe that the DGPT was the new disc golf version of the PGA and that that their way of doing a PRO TOUR would slowly pull all of the pros away from the PDGA.

Nothing against any TD or group who puts on an event. Ever. But, I am finding Steve's Rigorous Vetting Process and some parts of the tour to be a bit incongruous.

Did I miss something?

Thanks
Ron Pittman

Last edited:
Vetting ~ Added Cash?

Yes, Dodge is finding individuals who are onboard to push the upward growth of the sport. Money talks. The PDGA has not brought in outside money through the NT, hopefully the DGPT approach will have better results.

Yes, Dodge is finding individuals who are onboard to push the upward growth of the sport. Money talks. The PDGA has not brought in outside money through the NT, hopefully the DGPT approach will have better results.
I didn't see larger crowds of spectators than normal at the two DGPT events I attended. No events have charged for spectating or online viewing yet. So other than continuing to tap different host sites each year, we haven't seen a sustainable financial model start to emerge yet. The side games were a good idea and fun but I'm not sure if they drew enough money for the effort. But maybe if more spectators show up, they will at least give them something else to do that's interactive besides just watching.

I didn't see larger crowds of spectators than normal at the two DGPT events I attended. No events have charged for spectating or online viewing yet. So other than continuing to tap different host sites each year, we haven't seen a sustainable financial model start to emerge yet. The side games were a good idea and fun but I'm not sure if they drew enough money for the effort. But maybe if more spectators show up, they will at least give them something else to do that's interactive besides just watching.

^word. We are far from a disc golf festival IMO but it is not a bad idea.

I think highbridge is trying tho... :|

…Green Mountain Championships -
SmashBoxxTV
•Streamed 7 hours ago

lol.. I mean talk about views! DG is blowing up.

Oh wait, some girl can film her room or guys eat a bunch of BS on camera and get millions of views.

In the meantime, I just noticed this exchange on the DGPT page:

Cooper Harkins:

September 14, 2016 at 1:58 am

Not only do I agree that cooperation should be number one when trying to bring together a sport that has the potential to keep its momentous expansion in current years. That being said, I am not sure such a hasty move is the best move. Unless you are trying to coax action from the other side to remedy the situation. Its a bold move and its sad that something like this has to come at such a crucial turning point in disc golf.

Steven Dodge:

September 14, 2016 at 11:13 pm

I agree entirely. My action was taken too hastily and hopefully the PDGA will be able understand the aggravation that I have been experiencing. Having said that, the talking points should be addressed and discussed so we can build a long lasting bridge.

Is this the first sign that cooler heads may yet prevail?

So are the Vibram Birdie Bash's going back to being unsanctioned too?