• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Disc of the Year (so far)

Tern, Roc3 (if we count this as new), M2 (proto M3), M4

great year for new discs when you have those all in the running.

champ tern gets my vote.
It's like a really fast comet. It's also the only high speed driver i feel comfortable throwing in the woods, very controlable.

Patriot (if it was new this year); then maybe the Tern or Rival.

I got it this year but I think it was realized late last year, otherwise I would choose the Judge.

I have not yet tried any Prodigy, but will be trying it soon.

The only disc that came out this year that I have actually thrown and liked is the PA-2 in the base plastic(300s?) but they didn't make the bag

Four of the seven molds I throw were released this year, so apparently I'm liking the new stuff (it's not really "flavor of the month" for me, as I'm still a relative newbie, meaning it's all new :p).

Of the four I throw and the others I've tried, I'd have to say that the Underworld has made the most significant difference to my game personally. As a pretty exclusive RHBH thrower, having such a reliably US disc in my arsenal has opened up a lot of lines on a variety of throws and in a variety of contexts. I love this disc, a lot.

That said, I'd say that the Tangent seems to me like it'd make a more significant impact on most peoples' bags. It's an awesome disc: very neutral, very workable, handles wind quite well relative to its stability, and is good in a variety of situations where accuracy is at a premium. I lean on this disc heavily when playing in heavily wooded environments.

Latest posts