• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania TD2 Fever

Monarch minus the groove? Or maybe Discmania got crazy and - gasp! - used their own design instead of Innova's!

I've never thrown an Innova disc with the anhyzer top, pretty sure that's unique to Discmania. And also, what innova mold pieces make up the Jackal? Improving upon a previously existing (usually awesome) design is what Discmania does best.

the anhyzer top was a new top and is only used by discmania. as for the jackal, supposedly its an archangel top and a funky bottom of some sort. looks like a modified leopard wing ; ie: shaved down a tad

I don't know how I feel about this. Most of my CTDs when fresh had the perfect hyzerflip into a turnover. The STDs were pretty straight for the most part though, and I had to put some english on them to do right. If this turns even more, it seems kind of useless, except if specs willing to be a roller out of the box; which would be nice since I love discmania, but don't like anything they have yet for rolling.

An announcement within a reasonable time frame of the release? I have no interest in anything that understable - GL River, Sidewinder, and my P-PD is getting niiiice - but I likes thems marketings!

An announcement within a reasonable time frame of the release? I have no interest in anything that understable - GL River, Sidewinder, and my P-PD is getting niiiice - but I likes thems marketings!

Could be a better Sidewinder though.................:)

That's gonna be tough

i am interested in trying one out.. im all about the flippyness.. if its understable for most of you then its prob perfect for me lol.. I love my Sidewinders and have been wanting to scoop some S-TDs up to toy around with.. I have a couple plus mold C-TDs but they are actually pretty beefy and im not a fan of the rim.. but yeah im more curious about the feel.. even if flight number wise its close to a number of stuff already out it could have a complete different feel

TDs aren't really turning drivers for those without canon arms. I think this is DM's way of remedying that.

Really?
I guess my only experience is with light, 166, STDs, and max weight CTDs.
For me the light weight STDs were almost unusable they were so flippy.
The max weight CTDs I find hyzer flip nicely; I don't consider myself to have a cannon arm, though.

So, what's going to be the hot color for this disc? Everyone was looking for Black Mamba's when they came out so I think I'm going to look for Yellow.

That's right, Yellow Fever.

Really?
The max weight CTDs I find hyzer flip nicely; I don't consider myself to have a cannon arm, though.

I don't know if its just different peoples skill or there are actually two different kinds of TD's out there. I have found some more stable than others but not by a lot. PLH is pretty close on most. I haven't found one yet that was unusably flippy. What I like so much about them is that they feel stable to understable without ever being out of control. If I focus on a clean realease I can put all of my power in one thrown flat and it has a beautiful, soft S curve. With the same disc I can have it hold a hyzer down a tight, long fairway and then use it as a backhand roller on the next hole. Its the most stable understable disc I've ever thrown if that makes sense. Its also a better wind fighter than most other understable discs out there.

I never found much use for a fresh ctd as I have broken in spd's that fill that role. If this thing is an out of the box roller like a beat ctd it will probably be in the bag.

Really?

That's my experience and opinion based on the CTDs and STDs I've thrown with my 360-380' power.

Of course it also depends on how you define "turning driver." To me, at a minimum, that means it should turn over from thrown flat and hold the turn nearly, if not all the way, to the ground on a full power throw. Fresh, and even moderately seasoned TDs do not do that for me. As the prior poster said, they S turn when thrown that way. That's not a "turning" driver.

Even one of their pros says he uses STDs for flex shots (not turning shots) and that "beginners," whatever that means, use it for straight shots. http://www.discmania.net/products/td-rush/

However, if you define turning to mean a flex shot when thrown flat, then fine, it's a turning driver.

I agree "turning driver" probably wasn't the best name choice.

I have been throwing royal blue stds in the upper 160s and they were dead straight when new. After they seasoned they needed a hyzerflip to stay straight but could be sneaky long. I just ordered some red ones a bit heavier and we'll see how they fly. Td2 might be nice I'm just hoping its not something like a mamba or vulcan.

I agree "turning driver" probably wasn't the best name choice.

Yeah, I think the TD would be more aptly named as the CD; however, on the other hand, there's nothing wrong with naming and marketing a disc for the 400'+ throwers who can use it as a turning driver out of the box.

Of course, more and more are chiming in that they are finding flippier TDs. They aren't listing their power level, but I hope DM isn't doing anything to change TDs to make them more flippy when fresh. TD is a great disc as it is, I just don't think it is a true turning driver for most people when newer.

Latest posts