• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

dgdave said:
My beat PDs have more abrupt angles to their turn where TDs have a more sweeping, curved flight. Also the TD will come out of a flip more than a beat PD. I also get longer, straighter rollers with TDs

This sums it up perfectly

disc junkie said:
dgdave said:
My beat PDs have more abrupt angles to their turn where TDs have a more sweeping, curved flight. Also the TD will come out of a flip more than a beat PD. I also get longer, straighter rollers with TDs

This sums it up perfectly

Which one is longer on air shots?

New P PD is longer than a TD. TD is longer than beat P PD. The TD recovers better from a flip than a beat PD keeping it in the air longer.

It also seems like the TD is a lot slower than the PD. It may be n optical illusion, bit then again the Roadrunner always seemed really slow to me.

dgdave said:
It also seems like the TD is a lot slower than the PD. It may be n optical illusion, bit then again the Roadrunner always seemed really slow to me.

Dammit. Now I'm super curious. I think this has already been covered but TD vs RR?

My 2 td are like the stable rr out there. Not flippy, but easy to manipulate the angles. Doesn't turn and burn on a bad throw like a rr can do

what dave said. The td is a slightly faster ,longer rr. It's not exactly the same ,just a lil tweaked wing width I believe with obviously a different top. I switched from rr to td's and havnt looked back

The C-TDs I've tried have all been less stable than the S-TDs I've tried (and Meresmaa said that the Cs tend to be the most understable out of them). If I wasn't so afraid of losing them (CFR) I'd carry them everywhere with me. As it is I've managed to beat a champystar S to roughly the same stability, maybe a bit more stable still.

My other stiffer normal S is definitely NOT a "Turning Driver". I basically use it as a driver P-MD2/ION.

Hey guys I see you are all on the subject of the TD's but today I threw the P-CD and am hooked. I don't have a huge arm but am interested in the PD, is it diverse enough to accommodate the lack of distance or should I stay with the CD? On a good day I can hit the low 300s I'd that helps.
Thanks

I would say that you probably do not really need a PD if you throw in the low 300 range. They fly best at 350+. If you really want to grab one, maybe try a P-line in 160-168g.

Thanks forthe advice, I went out and bought up every disc I could get my hands on and realized that I can't flex them properly right now. I don't want to keep buying disc that I can't throw.

mightywhitey06 said:
Thanks forthe advice, I went out and bought up every disc I could get my hands on and realized that I can't flex them properly right now. I don't want to keep buying disc that I can't throw.

but don't get rid of them. they're only speed 10 or so and the p's season pretty quickly. i still think new they are easier to throw than an eaglex or even a teebird.

but the p-cd is a nice disc for a 275-300 arm.

Yeah I can stretch that disc out far. I am reaching out farther than valks or my surge ss. I think I am interested in the PD because of the success I have with the cd

mightywhitey06 said:
With an attitude like that you should improve fast. Loads of people don't have the confidence for this kind of realistic self assessment, kudos.

P-CD is a fine disc, especially if you don't have the arm for the PD. Broken in a bit they fly like a speed 9-10 TL, and are sneaky long like you wouldn't believe.

When can I get me a C-PD2? Going to European Open this year, hopefully I don't have to wait until then.

Latest posts