• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft needs to step their game back up'

Are you a chick?

"These discs look icky, I wouldn't throw THOSE!"

God forbid we should throw a disc based on its flight :|

There is no disc that Discraft makes that doesn't have a better looking disc that does the same exact thing from another brand.

Why would I bag a drab hard to find disc when there is a really nice bright colored alternative on the next shelf?

And no, I'm not a chick, I work in marketing. Rule #1; appearances always matter.

Discraft may be "stagnant" in its disc golf business, but remember that Innova JUST came out with their first ultimate disc.

Nope.

The SuperNova and Pulsar have been around since the mid-1990s.

The only thing "new" is that the Pulsar became the official disc of Major League Ultimate in 2013.

Kinda sucks that they just lost Cam Todd as well, and to the worst DG company in the business. Kinda just a huge kick in the balls if you ask me.

Kinda sucks that they just lost Cam Todd as well, and to the worst DG company in the business. Kinda just a huge kick in the balls if you ask me.

Win-win my friend, no matter your disdain for our friends at Salient.

And it doesn't seem like DC was begging him to stay, although I have no idea what happened behind closed doors.

This may have been mentioned already, but I think some of the frustration that occurs from DC loyalist come from discontinued favorites. It is not a small issue when your cherished utility disc, driver, or plastic type "in certain molds" become obsolete. Discs like the Reaper, Talon, Storm, and others come to mind.

None of this may not appear to have a large impact on the players crowd. However, I do think that attachment becomes weaker when normalcy is interrupted. Basically, in the world of disc golf, change is, more often than not, a bad thing.

10455300_10152282130422054_4957422453456639148_n.jpg

You should do some research on the Cam Todd challenger... and why its one of very FEW collectable/desirable DC discs with a healthy resale market and isn't a buzzz.
Once again, who gives a shizz? This game is already a niche market and collectors/people who throw $100 plastic are a tiny niche within a niche. Not only that, but Discraft already made their money when the discs were originally sold. Having them out there now provides no direct benefit to them, so as they have throughout this thread your argument makes zero sense. The average 1-2 disc wonder that so many here like to look down on (but who make up the vast majority of new disc sales) has never heard of any "pro" disc golfer, let alone an obscure guy like Cam Todd.

As others have mentioned, I have yet to visit a shop with a small selection of discs that has Innova and Lat, Innova and Vibram, or Innova and MVP. Innova and Discraft? Yup, see that ALL the time. I've even seen Discraft only in a couple carryouts up in the Mitten. Discraft is doing just fine. Sorry to disappoint you Aim.

Cody is really excited for that Giant cheeseburger.

heard he liked the bacon grease so much to rub on his discs from the post on here a few months ago. he likes a fresh batch of grease on his discs each time he plays. crazy i know, but whatever works i suppose

There is no disc that Discraft makes that doesn't have a better looking disc that does the same exact thing from another brand.

:confused::confused: ... Discraft actually produces a few of the most unique and dependable molds on the market .. that statement is just ridiculous

I like the zone. Besides that I feel there molds are meh. The cyclone is the best starter fairway. The buzzz is good until you understand how to throw and move to a roc.

Would people stop using the phrase "Discraft is doing just fine" or its equally annoying variant "Discraft will be just fine" in this thread? I've read it at least fifty times. It's condescending, for one, and super overused and annoying. Yeesh.

Now, from my perspective, I've never been drawn to Discraft. Their design, plastic, flight path markings on the discs...none of it appealed to me. I didn't even like the Buzzz that much
AROUND HERE, Southern Colorado, I don't see much Discraft on the course from your average player
I see a ton of Innova (of course) and a lot n of Vibram. I also see a lot of MVP. Any other brands besides those three are rare, at best. Of course, tournaments are different thing. That crowd tends to go more towards DGCR trends.

Not that I think Discraft is in trouble by any means. I would reckon, based on no hard data, that they sell enough golf discs just in their region alone to justify the continued production of said golf discs.

But because disc golf is not their primary money maker, and because they got burned throwing support behind some young guns who dumped them for another brand, one would think they had to re - evaluate how much they spend on supporting touring players and whatnot. My two cents.

Once again, who gives a shizz? This game is already a niche market and collectors/people who throw $100 plastic are a tiny niche within a niche. Not only that, but Discraft already made their money when the discs were originally sold. Having them out there now provides no direct benefit to them, so as they have throughout this thread your argument makes zero sense. The average 1-2 disc wonder that so many here like to look down on (but who make up the vast majority of new disc sales) has never heard of any "pro" disc golfer, let alone an obscure guy like Cam Todd.

As others have mentioned, I have yet to visit a shop with a small selection of discs that has Innova and Lat, Innova and Vibram, or Innova and MVP. Innova and Discraft? Yup, see that ALL the time. I've even seen Discraft only in a couple carryouts up in the Mitten. Discraft is doing just fine. Sorry to disappoint you Aim.

that fact you spend this much time responding shows its over your head.

you don't even know Cam Todd-- LOL! Have you seen their press release above?! ...that's news?!

that fact you spend this much time responding shows its over your head.

you don't even know Cam Todd-- LOL! Have you seen their press release above?! ...that's news?!

By sayin he doesnt even know who cam todd is only solidifies his point.

This news to you and small portion of this site. Other than that nothing to see here. I don't even know who that manuafacterer is much less a pro that they just signed that without reading this thread I wouldn't even know his name.

Disc golf as a game and as a business is not a sprint but a marathon, with some of the company's that have popped up quickly and produce products fast tend to fizzle out when it comes to making a constant product that works.

Didn't know about that. Who did Cam sign with? Cam Todd, Eric McCabe, Paige Pierce and Juliana Korver (I think) are all former World Champs that Discraft has lost. Still love the company but why can't they keep talent?

Latest posts