• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Nuke

le_nuke_e_mem.jpg

not the worst stamp thank god

These things aren't that stable. Hopefully they can dome them up in the future like Innova did with the Destroyers.

Where would you put them, stability-wise scoot_er?

Faster Surge SS?

How do they compare distance-wise with the Force?

SkaBob said:

Faster Surge SS?

Let you now in a few days but supposedly they go real far but are a little flippy and not good for headwinds.

Edit... Ugh, I ordered one. Too bad it will be a good long while before I can throw it. Will be cold by the time I get it and will be a good while before I can have a chance to. LOL. Also, it let me choose a color, but it's only if they "HAVE" the color. I chose Black, and hopefully this place still has some, if they got any at all. But, I'm really looking forward to a black one!

scoot_er said:
SkaBob said:

Faster Surge SS?

Let you now in a few days but supposedly they go real far but are a little flippy and not good for headwinds.

Sounds Katanaish. Anyway, Discraft is pissing away a REALLY GOOD marketing opportunity imo by not flooding stores with these before Xmas and preempting Innova's stock release of the Katana. I personally would love to see them pull a punch like that. Instead, they're following Innova's lead and making them a fundraiser for the holidays.

discspeed said:
scoot_er said:
SkaBob said:

Faster Surge SS?

Sounds Katanaish. Anyway, Discraft is pissing away a REALLY GOOD marketing opportunity imo by not flooding stores with these before Xmas and preempting Innova's stock release of the Katana. I personally would love to see them pull a punch like that. Instead, they're following Innova's lead and making them a fundraiser for the holidays.

Would it not be the smart thing to do to release it in limited quantities and see if it is any good? Usually only those who know anything about the sport, know anything about discs, are they not the ones to go out of their way and get tournament discs? I think it would be better to dangle the carrot a little more, wait until these tournament discs are a little dinged up and people begin clamoring for back-ups and regular runs that they do not care to damage. I am not sure I want to go through another wave of Groove like discs again. I remember how excited we were about those and how many were sold when they went into production. I thought Discraft was wise to hold back their version of the Groove and not flood the market with theirs as well.

smarkquart said:
discspeed said:
scoot_er said:
SkaBob said:

Faster Surge SS?

Would it not be the smart thing to do to release it in limited quantities and see if it is any good? Usually only those who know anything about the sport, know anything about discs, are they not the ones to go out of their way and get tournament discs? I think it would be better to dangle the carrot a little more, wait until these tournament discs are a little dinged up and people begin clamoring for back-ups and regular runs that they do not care to damage. I am not sure I want to go through another wave of Groove like discs again. I remember how excited we were about those and how many were sold when they went into production. I thought Discraft was wise to hold back their version of the Groove and not flood the market with theirs as well.
every new player wants the latest and greatest, the newest and fastest. and most experienced players want to at least try them. flooding the market sounds like it may have been a great opportunity. who all has tried the boss or force and how many noobs have you seen throwing them?

bottom line I just ordered 4 of the Armageddon Nukes
pretty sure I won't be throwing them though
they just might become available at some point for those that can throw these mega drivers

Just got done throwing a 174 Domey-ish orange Snuke(South Park reference for you guys). I have 380-400 golf D with a Surge. The Snuke flew just like a Surge and just as far. It would fly father if I had bigger hands though. The rim is the same size as a Boss. Both of which are too big for me and my tiny hands. It flipped up from a slight hyzer S'd a lil bit and tailed off alot slower than I thought it would.This thing has suprizingly good penetration in the low speed part of its flight. The Snuke is definitely more stable than any Katana I've thrown. Thrown flat its rolls over a bit and would not be good in a headwind. Overall it is prolly most comparable to a flat heavy star Boss. Anytihng else you'd like to know about it feel free to ask!

Good review, thanks. Sounds like I'll do the same thing as with the Force, wait for a run in Z. Or better yet Sparkle Z. And I'll look forward to throwing one.
'J'