• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Discs you don't like the feel of

I had a die hard prodigy loving homie swear by all prodigy until this disk came out. He now throws a mixed bag. He bought it online and didnt know it had that groove like wing.

Really is a super gross disk.

I have thrown some M5's, and actually find them to be comfortable. It has a similar feel to that of an Innova Lycan, which I also find comfortable(just a bit thicker than the Lycan though). I have larger hands, and the rim feels a bit thicker because of the double rim bottom on it(not sure how to describe that thing). When holding it, I don't notice anything unusual about shape of the rim. Actually, an M5 would probably be one of my first choices for the prototypical disc that is quite comfortable, while not filling a useful spot in my bag, because it is too understable for what I want.

Everyone has different shaped hands of course, so as always feeling up discs before buying is a good idea.

Last edited:
I have thrown some M5's, and actually find them to be comfortable. It has a similar feel to that of an Innova Lycan, which I also find comfortable(just a bit thicker than the Lycan though). I have larger hands, and the rim feels a bit thicker because of the double rim bottom on it(not sure how to describe that thing). When holding it, I don't notice anything unusual about shape of the rim. Actually, an M5 would probably be one of my first choices for the prototypical disc that is quite comfortable, while not filling a useful spot in my bag, because it is too understable for what I want.

Everyone has different shaped hands of course, so as always feeling up discs before buying is a good idea.

I'm okay with the feel of the M5, and also the Lycan. The problem with the M5 is that it's a bit too understable for me to have regular, meaningful use with it. But the feel is fine.

I don't think Prodigy does very well making ridiculously understable discs, because the D6 was also absolutely awful in the hand. Threw very far on a roller, but I couldn't get a great grip on it.

Any rim wider than a destroyer feels a bit awkard to me. Its a shame cuz i kinda liked the Katana but i didnt feel like i could get a consistant release.

I hear you with the Katana. It flew great when I got a good grip, but that wedge shaped rim made it hard to grip.

Any rim wider than a destroyer feels a bit awkard to me. Its a shame cuz i kinda liked the Katana but i didnt feel like i could get a consistant release.

The Katana is also much shallower than a Destroyer. That could be causing some of your problems. You really want wide, Try a Legacy Cannon or Rampage.

The Katana is also much shallower than a Destroyer. That could be causing some of your problems. You really want wide, Try a Legacy Cannon or Rampage.

That's interesting that those feel wider to you, because the Cannon, Rampage, and Katana have identical rim width, rim depth, and height. Maybe the Cannons and Rampages you felt were pop tops?

Almost all of the prodigy mids/approach/putters feel awful. Some very weird rim configurations. Also not a fan of the mako and gauge, the rims are fine but they are so domey they don't feel good at all.

Latest posts