• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Discs you don't like the feel of

Zero/BT Hard and Classic are too grippy for you? The people that I know that normally putt KC or McPro really liked the feel of it.

And the opposite of that is what I see. People that use KC or McPro dont like the feel of trilogy hard plastic. But yes their hard plastic are way too rubbery and stick in the hand too much, the only blend I have seen that isnt that way is the very first run of judges in hard plastic. That stuff is decent but its still pretty rubbery.

And the opposite of that is what I see. People that use KC or McPro dont like the feel of trilogy hard plastic. But yes their hard plastic are way too rubbery and stick in the hand too much, the only blend I have seen that isnt that way is the very first run of judges in hard plastic. That stuff is decent but its still pretty rubbery.

I tried to go to classic judges had some of the first runs but after putting with kc plastic for years, the judges were too sticky and too much glide. I've now switched to mcpros and dx aviar.

I also don't like how the lat base plastic seasons.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it was a joke, poking fun at horsman for calling classic hard sticky. Which it is when your used to kc pro and mcpro type plastics.

Mmmm I miss me some good ol' Z and champ... I definitely prefer the harder/clearer Z/champ, though I suppose the old stuff was a little too crunchy.

Old plastic is probably more brittle due to age, but I'm curious to know how they would perform on a flex test :popcorn:

Ahhhh!

Went over my head. . . I'm so ashamed! :doh:

Wasn't a funny joke anyway, but there is some truth in it. If you're familiar with a DGA Blowfly or Gumbputt, R-Pro is stiff and slick, relatively. That comparison though, is inapt when looking at the spectrum of rigidity and grippyness.

One of the first discs I had was a Comet, which flew great but felt awful in my hand.

What R-Pro discs are ridged and slick? Certainly not a Rhyno, Aviar, Polecat, Dart or Pig.

Boss? I've never felt one of those.

I think the guy was joking anyway, but believe it or not the R-Pro Roc+s found at wally worlds are shockingly slick.

I think the guy was joking anyway, but believe it or not the R-Pro Roc+s found at wally worlds are shockingly slick.

Our Walmart had got in some Pro Plastic discs for the ones you could not get in R-Pro both of which seem to be as premium as discs get at most Walmart's. XT is sold as well, first place I saw a Whale disc and did not like it as it is a Aviar style disc first but then had a more blunt nose but the odd rim weight and then later finding it was a + mold I do not like most + molds ROC+ feels alright but the mold is not what I would want I do not like ROC mold as the bead on the disc makes it feel off, Wasp does not have the bread but then the disc does not fly how I want.

The sharpest disc I've had was a full turn traveler. Not uncomfortable, since I don't pull it into my hand, but noticeable

Latest posts