• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Discs you don't like the feel of

VTech garbage. The putters especially though the mids aren't much better. Shallow beadless putters as well.

The comet. Feels like **** in the hand, especially for what is a understable midrange... :|

Stable mid.
Not understable.
I can see why some may not like the feel.
Lol. I used to be the Comet Police. "If it's a flip mid for you, you better check your form." Now I just let it go. If they can't throw one, their loss.

People usually complain about the diameter of the Comet when they say it is uncomfortable. I'm always confused by people who don't like the feel of a disc because of the diameter. The Condor is a good example of this. "It's so big, I hated the feel." What? Close your eyes and a Condor feels like a Roc in the hand, the diameter shouldn't change that. I get not liking shallow discs or deep discs or discs with big wings, etc. Diameter? I think that just in people's heads. The diameter of a disc does nothing to change how it fits in your hand.

The COMET. :popcorn:

Also, the Roc/Roc3 is not very comfortable to me, but they're usable.

Of course the Groove and Monarch.

The COMET. :popcorn:

Also, the Roc/Roc3 is not very comfortable to me, but they're usable.

Of course the Groove and Monarch.

Comet is not a problem in fact they feel like a domed Shark. The others on your list I understand, ROC I do not like the feel or are usable for me. Grove/Monarch are bad too.

To add more, the cyclone was too odd. The bead and rim combo and all.

Zipper bottoms (like pro breaker, had a couple evo wizards like it too) I can't get a clean release with.

As far as plastic, I don't have much issue with most premium, but dry/chalky feeling "pro" type plastic (protege) I haven't spent much time getting used to and haven't liked much.

You reminded me why I do not like G Star for anything other then a Putter, the plastic is grippy to the point I would have issues with release from my hand, also too flexible for a driver or a longer midrange disc for me.

Rims with a strong plus mold are the only thing that bothers me. and it has nothing do with feel, it's about errant releases.

All of the latitude brands and their prime and hard plastics. They are all way to grippy and rubbery.

only ever hated the feeling of 2 out of ~200: gateway samurai & abc money: too sharp... though I have hated a lot of flashing, I remove it.

For throwing: Rocs, Comets, Truths, Verdicts, Stalkers, Aftershocks, Predators, F2s, ...
Anything with a sharp jutting rim, abrupt curling lip, or bead at the bottom of the disc.

For putters and drivers: anything made from a gummy, flexible, or rubbery material. I like my plastic rigid.

All of the latitude brands and their prime and hard plastics. They are all way to grippy and rubbery.

Zero/BT Hard and Classic are too grippy for you? The people that I know that normally putt KC or McPro really liked the feel of it.

I used to dislike the feel of the Roc and especially the Roc3. But the flight is so nice that I made myself get over it. Now I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me. Same for the Comet. I'm still working with the comet and have stuck with it because the flight is so amazing. All Gateway mids feel weird to me...like there is nothing to hold on to. So far nothing in their lineup has made me try to just get used to it.

Did not like the feel of the mystic in my livingroom after unwrapping it from the bubble mailer. Something about the shallow, narrow rim in combination with the radiused inner edge between the rim and flightplate felt like it wanted to squirt out of my grip. On the course though, it flies exactly as I had hoped and I've gotten over the feel.

The radiused inner edge would probably be less jarring if all the other manufacturers did it that way... really nothing wrong with it, just different.

Latest posts