• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Discs you don't like the feel of

Putt'r and Groove are gross to me.

That reminds me of why I do not like the Monarch or the Grove, my grip style for drivers has the groove band that gets caught in my fingers.

Love the Putt'r but the only plastic type the disc comes in is Soft Elite X Plastic. The Putt'r disc puddle topped once broken in and when putting would only seem to go about a max of 15 feet when putting for me anything father like 17 feet and up I had to throw either short or too hard that my putts were always two putts for me, 16 footers were occasionally making the basket if they hit the chains right.

When I started playing, some discs felt weird while throwing them. There were not a lot of discs then and some discs that felt weird to me were about the only option for certain shots I had, so I just worked with it until I figured out the grip. 25ish years later nothing feels weird to me now. There isn't a single disc I wouldn't throw based on how it felt in my hand.

When I started playing, some discs felt weird while throwing them. There were not a lot of discs then and some discs that felt weird to me were about the only option for certain shots I had, so I just worked with it until I figured out the grip. 25ish years later nothing feels weird to me now. There isn't a single disc I wouldn't throw based on how it felt in my hand.

How about the Quest Turbo Putt?:p

Another disc I have always Hated was the OS Avenger, unlike the other two just the OS version has a wing that is too flat and deep to feel right. I also do not like the Gumputt models or Blowfly models as the discs plastic make those discs too hard to use.

At Time of post I realized I messed up on original and fixed if here.

That Gateway driver with the bead on it. Feels so bad I don't even want to look up the name.

In my set of discs I don't like the feel of too as I can't throw the flip over Tomahawk anyhow, I can do a different shot for that if I ever need to throw that kind of shot. My shot is more a In The Sky Roller Shot done with a flick type grip and a 90 degree from normal disc. I often use either my Impact or my Valkyrie for such a shot but have used a putter or a midrange if closer to the basket.

Had an Aviar P&A hated the way it felt in my hand. It was too deep and my finger seemed to hang on it when I did more than putt. Also it's rim felt too sharp on my hand while putting. Not saying it's a bad disc just saying I don't like the way it feels in my hand.

That Gateway driver with the bead on it. Feels so bad I don't even want to look up the name.

It's called a Siren, and I feel you. If it flew a bit better, I could deal with it but it just wasn't worth it.

The ones I just can't handle are the discs with +rims. Whether it is miles where so.e have it and some don't (Destroyer, Teebird, PD, FD) or the intentionally plus rims (Krait, Northman, River, Prodigy everything), i cant handle them. I just can't get a consistent release with a plus rim. I actually can't buy Innova online anymore because I have no idea if it will be something I can actually throw.

those gross or odd feeling discs are often due to inexperience. now what I don't like is plastic that is too slick. if it is summer too soft freaks me out.

now that it is cold, a bit softer rather than rigid is becoming an asset.

the factory residual edge/line on the bottom of a disc needs to be broke in. i like it if it is an os driver it holds on to my hand longer. not good if it is a putter or mid though.

so, keep those things in my mind and you might become more of a lover rather than hater...

Last edited:
Not a fan of beadless putters or Shark, even though I threw both for a while. The buzzz just doesn't work for me, but that may be more form than grip related.
If we talk plastics, I can't stand flexy anything.

There was this Daredevil disc, named after a woodland creature, woodchuck or something, any who is was throwing it in the early 2010s from a local distributor i thought it would be a good hit and stick kind of disc but it just felt like a wet sponge and flew like a wet sponge so i haven't really given daredevil putters another try even though they have that goat one now looks cool i think that was the point i started not liking really soft and flexible putters because i can't even really do wizards in that plastic, even though the first two i ordered were 3SSS and have a special place in my heart as my first pair of putting wizards this was circa 2012 i think not sure

There was this Daredevil disc, named after a woodland creature, woodchuck or something, any who is was throwing it in the early 2010s from a local distributor i thought it would be a good hit and stick kind of disc but it just felt like a wet sponge and flew like a wet sponge so i haven't really given daredevil putters another try even though they have that goat one now looks cool i think that was the point i started not liking really soft and flexible putters because i can't even really do wizards in that plastic, even though the first two i ordered were 3SSS and have a special place in my heart as my first pair of putting wizards this was circa 2012 i think not sure

Crap. You need to be quarantined.

To add more, the cyclone was too odd. The bead and rim combo and all.

Zipper bottoms (like pro breaker, had a couple evo wizards like it too) I can't get a clean release with.

As far as plastic, I don't have much issue with most premium, but dry/chalky feeling "pro" type plastic (protege) I haven't spent much time getting used to and haven't liked much.

8/10
Excellent attempt but not quite detailed enough, and contains no references to relatives.

The comet. Feels like **** in the hand, especially for what is a understable midrange... :|

Latest posts