• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do Keen's normally wear down this quickly?

I have a toe drag problem. It doesn't matter what kind of rubber the soles are. I can ruin a pair in a few rounds. I use shoe goo to make a toe cap. It was successful on cheaper shoes so I upgraded to the north face gortex hedgehogs with vibram soles. Love them.

You can take pics and send them to Keen for warranty replacement. I have a pair of Milo II's that I got in late February-Early March. The soles fell apart and I contacted Keen about it. They gave me a $120 credit (plus free shipping)... my new Delaveagas arrived today and they told me I can keep the Milo II's.

This. My replacement Keen's are on their way. Warranty was straight forward and really simple. Their customer service might not be super fast in response time, but they definitely back their product.

I wore a pair of keens every day for a year and put 200+ rounds on them, mostly on concrete textured boxes and can still play in them. Keens are super comfy and they do a lot for the sport of disc golf. I won't wear another shoe to play golf in.

I have a pair of Keen Alamosas that I bought about 2 weeks ago from a local retailer. The sole is already wearing down significantly on my right shoe near my pinky toe. I have probably played about 15 rounds in them. I just submitted a warranty claim. So, we will see what happens. I probably should have just gotten the merrel with vibram soles.... but I just like leather uppers too much :/ Let's see if Keen can help a poor college kid out.

I have two pair of the exact shoe the OP posted about, Keen Targhee II. The first pair lost its waterproofing after about a year but otherwise looked to be in great shape, so I bought another. I play a lot and the Targhee II is actually one of the most durable shoes I've owned. I also have a pair of Merrells that are holding up well, but not as well as the Keens have. You guys must have some really abrasive concrete pads or something...

had the same shoe with the same problem. call keen and they should replace them. that's what they did for me even though it took 2 months to get my new pair and they sent me the right size but in the wrong shoe :/ way to go keen

I wore a pair of keens every day for a year and put 200+ rounds on them, mostly on concrete textured boxes and can still play in them. Keens are super comfy and they do a lot for the sport of disc golf. I won't wear another shoe to play golf in.

this reflects my experience with keen as well, i also find thier customer service to be quite good..

Like I mentioned in another topic about shoes I have a pair of Targhee II's that I bought on 3/28. The right/pivot foot shoe is already terribly worn. Needless to say I'm not very pleased with this as I've had much cheaper shoes not look like this after only a month of playing twice a week.

must be a lemon pair. email them and see what they say. I have the same shoes that I bought in early March, play on average 4 days per week on concrete teepads and don't have this issue at all.

Regardless.... if I was pivoting on my heel, wouldn't you think that the tread on the heel would wear just as quickly? It is made from the exact same material. I am going to start the heel pivot soon. I am still a little suspicious of it, though. I have had knee reconstruction in the past.... but that was on the other knee. I am just afraid of a ligament tear.

Regardless.... if I was pivoting on my heel, wouldn't you think that the tread on the heel would wear just as quickly? It is made from the exact same material. I am going to start the heel pivot soon. I am still a little suspicious of it, though. I have had knee reconstruction in the past.... but that was on the other knee. I am just afraid of a ligament tear.

Yeah it would wear at a similiar/exact same pace, but the heel is also always thicker. Also, I understand the fear of injury, I tore my right hip flexor in the past. That said, the heel pivot feels effortless like you almost don't even know you're doing it:thmbup:

I hope so.... I am going to try it out after leagues. Slowly work myself into it. Thanks for the heads up.

I have a toe drag problem. It doesn't matter what kind of rubber the soles are. I can ruin a pair in a few rounds. I use shoe goo to make a toe cap. It was successful on cheaper shoes so I upgraded to the north face gortex hedgehogs with vibram soles. Love them.

I bought those shoes and love them too. They're very comfortable and I've seen no signs of wear. I stood in a puddle up to the middle of my shoe just to see if they really were water proof and my foot was completely dry. I will be buying a new pair when they finally wear out and would recommend them to anyone.

Yes, honestly. The part where the sole mold comes up on the sides separated from the sides. I looked down and there was grass caught in there. After a few rounds all of those deals had come apart and grass gets in there. Other than that they've held up okay. But when throwing if those things catch as you're turning it totally jacks your throw up. Those shoes killed my game by messing my release point up. Took me a while to figure out the problem. I'm slow.

Bought a pair of Keens in May of 2009 and they began disintegrating within 3 weeks. The soles wore down quickly and the stitching began splitting within 3 weeks. Was disappointed with the lack of durability. In 2010, replaced the Keens with a pair of Northface Vindicators with Vibram soles from the NF outlet store up the road from me and this pair of shoes have held up very well over the last 2 seasons. The Vindicators look like they will last another 2 years or more in good shape. Bought them over Memorial Day weekend when they were marked down 40%. Paid around $55.

Latest posts