• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does anyone do all of their disks the same color?

I have plenty of discs of many different colors however I've noticed a tendency that the orange ones fly better. ;)

Pink, Purple, Blue. Always easy to spot no matter the season. Find it quick and move on.
6008058_orig.jpg

I have no preference. The only thing I hate is when I have more than 1 of a mold (Rocs and Teebirds, I'm looking at you) in the same color. I just recently swapped out my yellow XT Roc for a red one...because the KC Pro was yellow.

I have no preference. The only thing I hate is when I have more than 1 of a mold (Rocs and Teebirds, I'm looking at you) in the same color. I just recently swapped out my yellow XT Roc for a red one...because the KC Pro was yellow.

Now thats not a bad idea! I am rethinking my idea of all same color and might do all drivers one color, all mids another, all distance another but I get that that might be confusing!

I guess Camo or Tartan might be the answer!

19347340463_d9ed0bc8a5_c.jpg

It would be all white if I could find BioFuzion Truths and Champion (non-glow) Thunderbirds in my color. During Am Worlds, where this picture was taken, I only pulled out the wrong disc once; I threw a TeeBird when I wanted a Roadrunner. It kind of shocked me how stable the flight was when I was expecting a mild turn.

Otherwise it is not a huge issue because all discs are organized by type and then stability - Pure, Truth, Bard, Harp, River, TeeBird, Thunderbird, Roadrunner, Trespass, XXX. I know the River is always the first fairway driver after the Harp. The TeeBird and Roadrunners are sandwiched between Champion/ Lucid plastic. As long as I do not randomly throw discs back in the bag when I pick them up, I have no problem instantly getting to the one I want.

I ALSO have an all white bag. I get compliments a lot and also some racist remarks. I just wanted to keep it uniform and I like glow discs.

I also have an all Blue bag, also some black and grays

A lot of people do but i hate it.

I like to keep each mold a different color so i know my blue or yellow are x or y discs. Ill make L and H on some for light/heavy

I think Nate Doss does something like this. His discs are in sections, one green, one light green, and one white if I recall.

I ALSO have an all white bag. I get compliments a lot and also some racist remarks. I just wanted to keep it uniform and I like glow discs.

I also have an all Blue bag, also some black and grays

What do they call you, Cracker Bag? When we have so much racism in our society, picking on someone for a white bag and discs seems a tad of a reach. I notice a lot of the pros use a lot of white discs, I assumed, as many speculate, that some dyes change flight patterns, and thus for consistency.... My favorite discs are black, they look very cool! Wonder if anyone thinks I'm Steve Jobs? Or maybe French?

I am not sure my manliness would allow me to throw pink discs!

i don't think it's very manly looking around in the schule for 10 minutes going "it went in right here!"

For my eyes and the Minnesota flora, bright blues, some purples and pinks help me to walk up to a mis-placed drive and move on.

My favorite discs are black, they look very cool! Wonder if anyone thinks I'm Steve Jobs? Or maybe French?

Steve French? That mountain lion from Trailer Park Boys?

I bet the people you play with don't like your black discs. That's the last response you want after asking what color disc you are looking for. Except maybe tye dye.

I have found that the number of pink discs in my bag has increased over time. As others have pointed out, pink and blue are the easiest to find for most of the year.

Having said that, I am addicted to the used bins, and will buy without regard to color if the price is right.

As a side note, I lost three discs this year, all bright green. I have found a few, all yellow.

hey, have you seen my big black disc? ;)

really tho, i have a rainbow bag so i don't get discs confused and it looks cool.

What do they call you, Cracker Bag? When we have so much racism in our society, picking on someone for a white bag and discs seems a tad of a reach. I notice a lot of the pros use a lot of white discs, I assumed, as many speculate, that some dyes change flight patterns, and thus for consistency.... My favorite discs are black, they look very cool! Wonder if anyone thinks I'm Steve Jobs? Or maybe French?

I want to use an all white bag for no other reason than for me, and not racist in the slightest, white is the easiest color to see on the ground and in the air. When filming, it is incredibly easy to track white against the sky while reds, muted yellows, and darker greens and blues are impossible to see. While I have not heard a racist comment, people definitely took notice of my bag. If anything, it was a nice conversation starter, and it does not take long to see what I mean about visibility.

HOWEVER, in the last two months I have converted my almost exclusively Trilogy bag, in which white is easily available, to an even mix of Trilogy, Innova, and Discmania. While I have seen them out there, white in Champion and C-Line, at least white like Trilogy, are almost non-existent. I need at least two of every disc in my bag, so that makes it doubly hard to find the disc I want in the color, weight, plastic, and run that I want. For better or worse, my bag (the one pictured on the previous page) is now a half and half mix of white and "water" blue. I would immediately jump on any Wombats, VRocs, Roc3s, FDs, and Thunderbirds if I could find them in white. I was hoping the clear plastic they use for factory dyes would be close, but they are even harder to see in the sky and on the ground than the muted early colors.

I mean, I already use Star Roadrunners, which are readily available in white, but when I converted over to Roc3s from Truths and Bards, that Star plastic was too flimsy and lacked glide and speed of the Champion. Would VRocs Wombats be any different? I was not impressed with Star Thunderbirds, but while I was not impressed with the Champions either at first, they eventually became impossible to part with. If white Star Thunderbirds ever become available, I would give them another try. White S-FDs are available through online sources, but they seem to be becoming scarcer and scarcer. I am really enjoying my 5th run C-Line FD, and therefore have several in my blue color, but is there an S-FD that is comparable?

i don't think it's very manly looking around in the schule for 10 minutes going "it went in right here!"

For my eyes and the Minnesota flora, bright blues, some purples and pinks help me to walk up to a mis-placed drive and move on.

When I used to work the wholesale side of disc sales, there were definitely color preferences by location. Leave it at this; Texas hated pink, Canada hated white, Wisconsin hated green, and most places shied away from factory dyes, especially on champion plastic.

And then there are personal reasons for specific colors. I have seen all pink bags and I understand the theory behind, as it is the same theory I use to explain why white works for me. However, while I am not color blind, I still have difficulty seeing any form of red on the ground. While Pink is not necessarily red, it is close enough for me. Obviously blood red and dull dark red is impossible. It is almost like my brain completely tunes it out. I have trained myself to see white, chartreuse, and blaze orange. I am still working trying to see "water" blue more easily, since my bag is trending that way, but it is still a struggle.

What is everyone using to dye a disc one color? I have a darkish white 11x Gazelle I would love to dye light blue to brighten it up. What dye/mix should I use?

Latest posts