• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Drive Distance

How Far Do most people you play with throw

• <150

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 151-199

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • 200-249

Votes: 31 15.9%
  • 250-300

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • 301-349

Votes: 53 27.2%
  • 350-400

Votes: 27 13.8%
  • 401-465

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • stop kidding yourself

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
Outside of a league I started last week, I usually play on my own. I'm in a new area, and certainly don't know anyone who DGs. I've only played a few months now, and today I threw my first 300' drive. But, I'm only consistant around the 250 mark.

So what your saying is you play with yourself????

250-300 for the group I play with, some longer and some shorter. Me, being a complete n00b with a huge variety of discs to choose from (4!), I'm probably on the shorter end of the spectrum. I can fling it pretty far sidearm but a regular throw I seem to muscle it too much and end up shooting it 500 ft. in the air (before it comes down like a crashing UFO).

Sometimes I prefer to play a round alone, especially if I can hit up a course at a time when its empty. It allows me to center myself better and it becomes more man vs nature than man vs. man which I dig.

I've never had the opportunity to play with anyone who can out drive me. And not because I'm really good or anything. I'm just now getting consistently out over 325' or so.

It happens that I don't live near any courses so I'm out on practice fields or making up courses at local parks with my Skillshots by myself most of the time. So I don't have a lot to base my assessment on.

The one league that I've played in only drew two and three people other than me the times that I went. :( I didn't see the league sponsor go over 300' and the other people were a kid (<75'), his mom (200ish), and another guy who hadn't played in a long time (250ish).

I really need to get out more!

So I think that, after all of that, that I said 250'.

I usually play with a group of four close friends and we used to all drive around the same distance (275-300ft), but over the past year things have definitely changed. Unlike my friends I have actually practiced technique and now I can consistently throw 350 and good rips 400+. Who knew what a little practice in open fields could do.

haha.... i went to my course today and i tried to work on my drives for an upcoming tournament.
i finally got bored and went and sat in the shade by hole 18. when anybody walked by i challenged them to a friendly driving contest. 395 ft hole...... i challenged 25 or so people and won 20... hitting it consistantly about 10-30 feet short or over. i even won a disk in a little bet =).

it was nice to not be playing with the wimps in my group... i was playing with people who could actually drive. putting my distance and accuracy to the test. it was great and i met a lot of new people..... people who would ask me how in the world i landed it 20 feet from the basket..... and people who would laugh at me as they landed it right in the basket (3 guys like that btw)

Thanks... :eek: But I'm really not that good. 350' is within reach pretty easily right now... and on a really good rip I can get out over 400'.

Put me at Community Park and I'll play 935 golf, or on The LINKS and I'll shot around 950... but force me up to Spring Valley and you'll see some 860-870 golf outta me. I'm just not consistent enough yet on heavily wooded courses... and my putting is not very good.

That is why I can't wait till the next Kingwood tournament. That's about the only place I can beat you.:D

I still loved that throw you did that one day at Community Park. The hole was close to 400ft, and you went past the basket by 30 ft and landed in that cow pasture behind the course. You had to climb under that barbed wire fence to get you disc back. I think it was a T-Rex that you threw. That was a hell of a throw to see.

I still loved that throw you did that one day at Community Park. The hole was close to 400ft, and you went past the basket by 30 ft and landed in that cow pasture behind the course. You had to climb under that barbed wire fence to get you disc back. I think it was a T-Rex that you threw. That was a hell of a throw to see.
That woulda been hole #6 (which is only 309') but yeah it's probably 40ish' to the fence and I was probably 25' past the fence. IIRC that was a squirrelly DX TeeRex. I've since stopped throwing DX TeeRexes.

It's a common misconception that EVERYBODY drives farther than you do. It my case it's almost everybody. I can still outdrive the guy with the cane that rides the scooter around the course.

lol. Me too. If you can find a pair of drunk or overly cocky scooter riders, set up a doubles match and we will take em out.:D Seriously, about 70% of the players I see can out throw my distance the rest I feel bad for. I throw 250-300.

Good poll. I think there's plenty of people who talk about their 400 foot plus drives and make the rest of us feel bad. Honestly, I rarely see folks driving much over 300 feet.

OK, I have to admit I just found out I lied on this poll. I finally found a football field that was open to the public to throw on. Apparently I only throw around 195 consistently.:eek: I had marked that I throw between 250 and 300. I would have quietly changed my response, but don't see a way too.

On a side note, it is strange throwing on turf. I had never been on turf before. (I guess I should say the track was open to the public, not sure about the field. But no one said anything)

Latest posts