• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Driving to Tee @ 300' what disc do you use?

Disc job would throw a buzzz or wizard or he'd throw a predator. 100 feet in the air 74 feet right and the fade would bring the disc down. Scarily close to snapping the disc on the top of the basket.

Makes you want to strangle him with his quads. But you can't help but love the guy.

Plus every once in a while those shots get loose on him and it's fun to watch him go scrambling.

:)

Buzzz or Wizard for an accurate shot...but leave me alone, I have a nasty obsession with spike hyzers! =[

For starters, I'd try driving to the basket.

Wait...so you're telling me that you're not supposed to start from the baskets and try to land on the concrete tees? Dude, that's messed up...but it does explain why so many people have been cussing me out and throwing their discs at me.

Last edited:
hey, if your "noodle arms" have to use big drivers like that to get it out to 300, like i had to a bit (2 months) ago, then feild pratice! When I don't get a driver out to 300' its because i tried too hard and did something wrong. I figured out if you stay loose and whip more with more hips, it goes farther. Tried this on a hole that goes out 345' and down 15-20', and overshot the basket by a good 40' because i tried to get hips in it. And playing tennis helps... :)

Wow, you made a leap there going from Aviar or Shark to Boss. Yikes

yeah, there's a shot I love to throw called the boss skip. Throw a boss pretty low and try to keep it flat either FH or BH and try to land it 30 or so feet to one side of the basket, then the skip will give you a shot at aceing it without worrying about leaving it too far away. For some reason, no matter what a hole is like, I always want to try this skip shot. A few friends even said my nickname should be boss skip.
Plus I only throw those three discs in a given round.

I would either throw a Buzzz right at it or hyzer a Teebird. Spike hyzers are pretty damn accurate if you practice them since there is no skip, glide-by, or additional fade at the end that takes it off of its line. This is a shot that I don't use enough and should really practice it. I mean, if the line's available, why not take out those extra variables that can affect the accuracy of your throw by throwing a hyzer-spike?

Make this a poll!

*** YAY *** This is my #500 post and I are a Eagle (not a WarEagle) - watch me fly! (Hey, can I be a Roc instead?)

Surge SS if I was in a forehand mood and probably a Valk if I was in a backhanding mood....I just can't quite get my mids to 300 feet consistently with confidence and accuracy. I'd rather take a little off of one of my drivers...maybe even an FL...

I'm in the same boat, Wayne. I bet I could throw my mids to 300 with some practice, but I am alright just taking a little off my fairway drivers.