• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] drone question

bizarbies

Eagle Member
I was just wondering what is innovas equivalent to discrafts drone? I like innova plastic better, don't know why, it just feels right. Any suggestions?

Biz
Team Bert

Gator and Whippet are both fairly close, but neither are the same thing. Gotta say I prefer Discraft's plastics myself, but I'll throw anything that flies well.

honestly I have a drone and I do not use it much. There isn't a shot that I can do with it that I can't do with a new Roc. The only use I've found for it is S-curve approaches using side arm. It just dives too easy and quick for me to justify using it backhand. Get a heavy Roc

Have you tried the ESP flx drone? It's muchbetter than their baseline stuff, and my favorite mold in that plastic

That is exactly what I have. I was just trying to see if innova made something similar. Someone told me the pig was similar, but I've never thrown a pig, at least not the disc!:D

Biz
Team Bert

The esp-flx drone is the only non-innova disc in my bag. I won't even try to replace it! And there are plenty of shots that can't be achieved with a roc most of which are s-curves or slower shots that really use the left turn of this disc. Not to mention headwind shots!

If I was going to pick up an Innova disc to try to be a Drone I guess I'd pick up a Gator...but there's no true comparison.

\/\/

It's not Innova, but Gateway's Evo Blaze is very close to a Drone. I have a Gator and it flies similar to a Drone, but the profiles are completely different, plus the Drone is a little faster.

I tried star and dx gator, they were both over stable mids, but nothing compared to the drone. The drone is like a predator in a midrange for me. The FLX is definately the best way to go, soo smooth.
picture.php

i love the flx drone. I have a z drone but havent even thrown it yet! its super stable but the flx plastic eats up the impact so well, its much more controllable than just about any other overstable disc Ive thrown. the rim is nice and chunky. i also like it for putting when its reallllllllly windy.

Drones are faster then Gators and way faster then pigs. I think the closest comparison is probably a Whippet, but I think Drones are more overstable then Whippets. Its also sometimes difficult to find and rough on the wallet to get Whippets in premium plastic.

I'd say a gator or a viper. That's my opinion. Maybe a whippet. The whippet and the viper are much faster than the gator though

Last edited:
Drones are faster then Gators and way faster then pigs. I think the closest comparison is probably a Whippet, but I think Drones are more overstable then Whippets. Its also sometimes difficult to find and rough on the wallet to get Whippets in premium plastic.

yup...payed 35 bucks for my champ glow whippet - x (which is definately the way to go with the whippet)

Latest posts