• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

I have a Star Eagle L and a S Line Exodus and the edges/wing of the disc are not exactly the same. Plus, if you look them up individual on the PDGA equipment standards page they are different there as well. So, similar but not the same.

Same here, but I just always chalked that up to two different runs. Take the destroyer, that thing is all over the place with how the edges/wings are.

Just got 2 champion Eagles from f2 proshop looks like Eagle xes by wing shape. Sure hope so cause an eagle-x paired with a beat in eagle-x paired with a slightly beat in eagle-x is what dreams are made of.

Are they flat or domey? I've been chasing the flat champ EX dragon for a while now…

I can give my 2021 Barsby Eagle impressions. *
TLDR: I love the flight and feel of these eagles. This is very subjective, but for me, these are the best eagles I have bought in years. *

2021 Barsby eagle descriptions, sample size, 2:
PLH: lowest of any of my eagles, but not by much
Flatness: Both are probably neutral flatness on the OTB scale. (did not buy on OTB, but compared to other discs I have purchased there)
Flight: Most throws were probably 0 turn, 3 fade.* With full power I was able to get a little turn, maybe -.5, 3 flight.
Feel: annoying bump/dip/ridge between wing and flight plate was there, but much less noticable than recent eagles I have purchased.* There was also alot of flashing which I removed.

Background(power level, what I like in an eagle):
Power level: I throw eagles 300-320ish.
Preferred eagle: a new dx eagle flight in star plastic.
Bag 1 overstable eagle(these 2021 barsby eagles will be perfect here for me), 1 seasoned star eagle with a new dx flight, and 1 dx eagle.

I had low expectations coming into this purchase because I havent been happy with recent eagles I've bought. They have either been too domey, too overstable, had a weird ridge bump on top between the wing and the flight plate.* For example, I hated the 2019 Barsby eagles, (too overstable and glideless for me)

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

TLDR: I love the flight and feel of these eagles. This is very subjective, but for me, these are the best eagles I have bought in years. *

Flatness: Both are probably neutral flatness on the OTB scale. (did not buy on OTB, but compared to other discs I have purchased there)
Flight: Most throws were probably 0 turn, 3 fade.* With full power I was able to get a little turn, maybe -.5, 3 flight.
Feel: annoying bump/dip/ridge between wing and flight plate was there, but much less noticable than recent eagles I have purchased.* There was also alot of flashing which I removed.

Bag 1 overstable eagle(these 2021 barsby eagles will be perfect here for me), 1 seasoned star eagle with a new dx flight, and 1 dx eagle.

I had low expectations coming into this purchase because I havent been happy with recent eagles I've bought. They have either been too domey, too overstable, had a weird ridge bump on top between the wing and the flight plate.* For example, I hated the 2019 Barsby eagles, (too overstable and glideless for me)

How stiff/gummy are they

I have a flatter one and one with neutral dome. I finally got a chance to toss mine around in a field today. I have about the same power level and my experience was much the same.

These will be my overstable/headwind fairways. I really like the flatter one for forehands, and the one with neutral dome glides a bit better when thrown backhand.

It's been awhile since I've thrown Eagles, but these feel and fly like good ones to me. Probably nothing special if you already have a stack of good Eagles, but definitely worth checking out IMO.

Finally snagged me a Barsby Eagle... And ain't she a beaut! Can't wait to add this to the Eagle rotation.

Attachments

• 240752796_318664320045744_6302045678958101532_n.jpg
    240752796_318664320045744_6302045678958101532_n.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 74
One of the local shops had a bunch of the Barsby Eagles last weekend and pretty much all of them were beautiful, bright red/pink swirls.

I have a theory that part of the reason Discmania and Innova parted ways was all of the swirls made for Discmania were all the green/gray/brown ones.

One of the local shops had a bunch of the Barsby Eagles last weekend and pretty much all of them were beautiful, bright red/pink swirls.

I have a theory that part of the reason Discmania and Innova parted ways was all of the swirls made for Discmania were all the green/gray/brown ones.

Ah my local retailer has all green or mud coloured ones. Luck of the draw I guess! I sometimes feel like we get a lot of the reject discs here in Canada... Haha

I would fire Innova for that if I were Discmania.

Latest posts