• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] esp comets comin again!

If you have smooth, clean form and you have a snap biased throw then a Comet should not turn when thrown 340'. This applies to Z, ESP, and new or domey X Comets. I was throwing my really beat ESP 330' yesterday. There was no significant fade at the end of the flight. So if you release with anhyzer or if you torque it, it will turn and not come back.

This is very true. My typical driving distance with destroyers is 375-400 and I can push my buzzes to the 300 mark and a new comet will give you zero turn at all at my power. It just flies flat if you have a good snap. The only downside, though, is that comets are touchy, so I don't like to throw them at full power because the closer I get to that point, the more likely I am to release it slightly anny rather than truly flat and it will hold that anny line the whole way.

A Z wouldn't come back, for sure. Neither would a new x or esp. After a little wear (and I actually mean quite a bit by this), the x's tend to lose some range for me. If I try to drive them too far, they turn more than I'd like or they require more of a hyzer release than I want to give them. Beat x comets are still really useful for shorter shots where it's more about finesse than it is about power.

ESP comets are a lot like x comets. They just take a lot longer to wear in and I personally like the plastic better.

If you have smooth, clean form and you have a snap biased throw then a Comet should not turn when thrown 340'. This applies to Z, ESP, and new or domey X Comets. I was throwing my really beat ESP 330' yesterday. There was no significant fade at the end of the flight. So if you release with anhyzer or if you torque it, it will turn and not come back.

Okay. About 340 is how far I push my Z Comet on flat ground. Generally it will S just slightly at full power, lower power it won't turn at all. When I mean full power, that's been on lower lines and faster speeds rather than giving it some more air. From what I'm reading an ESP will react like a new X Comet, for a longer period of time. Better glide, just a tad bit more turn.

Have ESP Comets always been released in limited numbers like this? And if so, how often do they do it and how long does it take for them to sell out?

I don't get why they are releasing only a limited number and yet still charge the same price as other ESP's. It seems the whole point of limiting supply is so you can charge more.

eh, I believe the 'limited edition' is really to push their sales instead of increasing profit from each disc. I don't expect the Comet has ever been a real top seller so the discs would hang around too long if they were regular stock - mids are always more popular in Z it seems, just like they recently DC'd ESP Wasps.
Discraft keeps some integrity imo by rerunning discs when they're prices are becoming ridiculous too.

The first run and the second run were both limited to 1000. They sold out of the second run very quickly. That was... 2 years ago? Maybe 3? Dunno. When demand gets high enough they will make more. Doesn't sound very limited to me.

I think I heard this run will be 1000 also but I need to verify that before I can say it as a fact.

It will be worth picking a few up. I think ESPs are the best all around Comet. I can do just fine with a Z and an X but ESPs are sweet. I have... ummm... 15-20 ESPs I think. I will buy some more on Monday, especially if I can find pinks or whites.

I almost pulled the trigger on the first pre-order at SunKing, and now I'm debating about the second batch. I love SunKing and I think it's great they have them in early, but I'm so picky about weight/color that I just can't gamble on not knowing exactly what I'm getting. I hope DGC will be getting some in soon.

Also, how light do the ESP Comets run? I see SunKing only lists them down to 170-172. I'm looking for some in the 167-169 range.

I've been checking DGC periodically since Friday and several times this morning and haven't seen any yet.

Latest posts