• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ethics question about found discs(lots of them)

After climbing back up the cliff with a bag of that many discs I would be pretty tempted to just launch them back off the cliff. It would be pretty satisfying.

Obviously nobody that throws off that cliff thinks they will get the disc back. It's just littering at that point. Good of you to clean that area up and find some use for the discs. Every wishing well gets cleaned out at some point.

it also might be kind of funny to call some people and say you found their disc, can imagine their reaction when they realize it's the disc they chucked off the cliff?

it also might be kind of funny to call some people and say you found their disc, can imagine their reaction when they realize it's the disc they chucked off the cliff?

Tell them you found it at the bottom of Winthrop's pond :popcorn:

Those are not lost discs. They are thrown away on purpouse.

Thanks for cleaning up the litter and good luck making some bucks for your work.

ps : can you give somebody a 2 stroke penalty ( littering ) for throwing sacrificial discs off a cliff ? :D

Those are not lost discs. They are thrown away on purpouse.

Thanks for cleaning up the litter and good luck making some bucks for your work.

ps : can you give somebody a 2 stroke penalty ( littering ) for throwing sacrificial discs off a cliff ? :D

To take it further, can you give someone a 2 stroke penalty for littering when they lose a disc in a tournament? That's a stroke for the lost disc and 2 more for littering. Tough triple circle dude

I found a Super Color Buzzz and a Flying Squirrel today. Ironically I found the second disc after returning the first so I knew who's it was. If I lost those two discs in the same day I'd go home and drink....

glad someone had the video. i cant imagine how far apart some of those must land.

After watching that video I am questioning your sanity at retrieving the discs. I will say bravo on cleaning up. I also hope that you do get some sort of reward or something for cleaning up a beautiful natural resource.

that would truthfully be my dream place.

i would totally look for discs there since my conscience won't let me do it elsewhere. get my fix. and some discs.
$$$$

Out of scientific curiosity, how are these discs dispersed down there? Are they generally in one general area or are they randomly scattered around?
It's high altitude so discs fly more stable. I would trek to the left...however the closest entry point to that forest is way off to the right as you look down off the cliff.

Man, I love me some Sky High. :)

Out of scientific curiosity, how are these discs dispersed down there? Are they generally in one general area or are they randomly scattered around?

They are EVERYWHERE!! And in the pattern you would expect. Understable and dx on the right and big drivers on the left. I even found a couple minis.

what if i someone throws a disc into a volcano? can you keep it?
^ yeah, but they never fly the same after that.

Given the situation as described, it seems no one has any expectations about getting these discs back. In essence, they haven't been lost, they've been sacrificed,... you could even say they've genuinely been abandoned, rather than a search being abandoned.

As for the coins in the fountain analogy, I'm all for needy or homeless people collecting coins from fountains. I'm all for people collecting sacrificial discs that are actually a form of litter. Mr. Viking is actually performing a public service. Whether or not his motivation for doing so is purely altruistic is irrelevant.

Last edited:
As depicted in the video above, the discs tossed over the edge must be a fairly high percentage of found discs, and who knows if the original finder contacted the owner. If I was in a sacrificial situation, I'd have a hard time parting with most of the discs in my bag, but that disc I found in the rough on hole 4...

Latest posts