• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fav Fairway Drivers?

seasoned P-PD: straight to straight that finishes straight
seasoned Z Pred: straight with nice, predictable fade (new PDs fill this role until they get broken in)
seasoned Champ Teebird: nice s-curves, basically anything that needs less D than the PD or turnovers

Destroyers, mix of champ and *. Only drivers I carry other than FB for utility shots.

^^^
This is my Fairway Game! and I won't be looking back.
I have an 11x eagle X (distance driver) and one of the first runs of the 12x L molds. (very starry-champish) opaque,moreso!

Yeah I got a couple of the 12x eagle L's as well ,they feel really good, but fly a touch more stable than the 11x's

I've been throwing a River since it came out. Lost one already, still have a 169 Opto and a 174 GL.

Lots of TL fans here. Good to see. I bought my first TL in 2006 at the am worlds flymart.(I lost my 168 seasoned teebird during a round) I threw that baby tons at worlds. It flew just like a seasoned teebird to me(but longer). Even was my winning disc in the distance competition(I think I came in 3rd) So I bought it at the end of July of 06, and then I retired it in Sept 06 when I got my second ace with it.

Bought another one online ordered a 165-169, and got the 169, of course. Weighed in at 173 actually. Threw it, never quite did what I wanted it(first one was a 166)

Back in Sept/Oct I was on another disc golf website. I was saying I wanted a Pink 165 TL. One of the guys posted that disc golf center had some. Went and picked them up(2 of them) In 6 short months I am in love all over again. That disc became my #1 driver almost immediately. Looking back, I don't know how I got by for so long without it.

Ok, sorry about the thread drift.

the birds can't be beat

For straight and turnover shots, I stick to a well-worn Star Teebird (175g) ...and I keep a 175g Champion KC Eagle in the bag for slightly more overstable shots...it tends to fade quicker and more predictably.

I actually don't love brand new Teebirds...but, once they beat in..they are money.

Straight out of the box and/or slightly beat...a TL is great too...but once it gets beat..its a different thing altogether...becomes too flippy for me...good for rollers though.

I really like Star Valkyries 175g in all stages of wear...not sure if most would consider this a Fairway driver though...but, that's where I use them the most.

I'm a big fan of Discraft plastic...but, I haven't found their answer to Innova's Teebirds and Eagles...what would that be?...Surge, Avenger?

The only fairway driver I carry is a 170g glow Z Stalker. Really straight and holds into a slight wind too. Won't skip away or fade hard. Great on a slight anny line and holds it well. Roc for anything else besides Nukes for full on drives.

I almost never get aces with mids or putters. Drivers on short holes = chains. If you throw a nuke 200', you would be surprised on how consistent they fly. Btw, Mr. Hysell holds the most hole in ones world record. You might skip past the basket, but you might skip it in the basket. If i threw 10 nukes at a 200', i bet id sink one and stack the rest up. ACETIME!ACETIME

I almost never get aces with mids or putters. Drivers on short holes = chains. If you throw a nuke 200', you would be surprised on how consistent they fly. Btw, Mr. Hysell holds the most hole in ones world record. You might skip past the basket, but you might skip it in the basket. If i threw 10 nukes at a 200', i bet id sink one and stack the rest up. ACETIME!ACETIME

Cubby beats him. :|

You don't want something to skip past the basket like a nuke. 200' means I throw a putter. It will go it if it is thrown accurately, and it is easier to throw a putter accurately compared to throwing a big driver. I have 3 aces with putters, 2 with a buzz, and 2 with a driver.

175 beat star RR, 173 star fbird, 170 glow valk, 175 opto river, 168 gl river, 174 sex

The eagle and light river cover most of my fairway duties.

I use a 150g Champ Leo & a 172g Star Leo. Sometimes I use a xXx for really windy days and overhand shots. And I just got a sexy pink OL River to try out.

You don't want something to skip past the basket like a nuke. 200' means I throw a putter. It will go it if it is thrown accurately, and it is easier to throw a putter accurately compared to throwing a big driver. I have 3 aces with putters, 2 with a buzz, and 2 with a driver.

14 aces and all of them with longer range drivers. Beast's, Destroyer's, a Boss and a Max. It's not the arrow, it's the archer...having a good arrow only helps.

Yeah, you can. you just have to know what you're doing. :hfive:

Latest posts