• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite 150g disc

I've thrown a 150g Leopard that I thought was fantastic... other than that no

i have a couple of starlight destroyers that I'm meaning to try out...they're supposed to be hell overstable

I throw all 150 class drivers except for one 170g Surge that is my wind disc. I can pretty much only throw 150's or my arm gives me grief. :D

My favorite 150 disc of all time is the Champ Valk 150 -- I can get the most distance out of it with the least amount of effort. It holds almost any line I put on it -- it will fly straight if released correctly, or can give a nice gentle hyzer with little effort. I used to throw a Surge X 150 and really liked it -- unfortunately, my original one started to get really beat up....when they beat in, they get REALLY understable (beyond my liking). I got a new one, but it just wasn't the same...something changed in the mold.

For a water disc, I really like Dragon's -- they are good discs for water shots. Definitely not as good of distance as the Valk, but acceptable for those shots where you don't want to risk the nice discs. :D Slightly beat-in Dragon's are the best. ;)

Garret

150 Wolf for spike hyzers....

just bought a 150 (ok...153.6g) champ rancho roc.

SUCH a sick disc. the only 150ish disc ive ever liked right off the bat.

I loved my 150g Champ Banshee, which I lost, it was quite overstable for a light disc. It was a great little utility disc for all kinds of shots; BH, FH, OH.... underhand, ****.

Just got a 150g champ firebird in the mail today.... sweet dye, hope it flies as good as it looks. It feels incredible. 150g DX Destroyers are fun... tailwind bombs

The 150 z flick is nasty, traded my QMS for one.
And the qms is nasty as well, here it is , its Johnson.
IMAG0320.jpg

champ sidewinder :hfive:

super glide party

Damn straight! It soars forever if the wind is right/nonexistent. It's also is my primary escape disc for when I turn over my beast. I won't tomahawk any of my normal weight discs for fear of hurting my shoulder again.

Since everyone is talking about their favorite 150 discs I figure this is a great place for a shameless plug!

I HAVE LOTS OF 150 DISCS FOR SALE!

11x teebirds
4x JK Valks
Gummy CE Japan Rocs
Gummy CE Gazelles
Orc
Mako
Viking
Eagle
Firebird

Oh man, my whole bag is 150 class; I have to pick one favorite?
My favorite distance driver is the S Illusion but I rarely ever get to use it.
Teebirds are really nice but too many people have said that already.
QOLFs are suuuuh-weeeet! But I don't think I can call it my favorite.
My Rocs are the bees-knees, especially my beat DX Roc.

But if I have to pick my favorite I'd say my Plain Jane DX Avair P&As. They start out just barely north of perfect and then break in very slowly and hold their perfection for a long time. The Star Aviar is a great companion to the DX Aviars because it has quite a bit more stability.

150 Soft Magic. Super touch putter with infinite glide. Surprisingly stable for such a light disc. Great for long putts that can't have any arch.

Curious, about how far do you guys throw a 150 fairway driver or driver? Are we talking 200, 300, or 400? My arm has been hurting after throwing 174's and am thinking to get some lighter stuff.

i can get my 150 gazelles out to 300-325 if i'm throwing for d, but realistically in a round i'm keeping them 275 consitently

Curious, about how far do you guys throw a 150 fairway driver or driver? Are we talking 200, 300, or 400? My arm has been hurting after throwing 174's and am thinking to get some lighter stuff.

When I toss my QOLFs I expect about 400'.
My Teebirds are a litte shorter and I expect about 380' or so but with a different line.
Rocs are up to 330-ish feet.
My Aviars max out just shy of 300'.

This is assuming no wind. Wind complicates things a little.