• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite and least favorite disc golfer

its the truth

if you follow triflusal's link and watch the vibram open vids (8 parts total)
you will see a gradual decline into unsportman-like conduct. By the end when he knows he has no chance of overcoming Shults, he is visually upset and kicks his disc from the underside of the basket instead of grabbing it out.

Everyone has had one of those moments, but if you watch the whole vid it starts to get obnoxious.

I have played with people who are "tough on themself" and its not fun for them or anyone around them.

No one wants to hear you bitch about how you should have thrown better or how you should have parked that last hole, or see you kick your bag or your disc.

You wanna be tough on yourself? Fine, but keep it to yourself.

ah ha!

Fav - Steve Rico
Least - Nikko Locastro. He's one of the best in the game and an ambassador for our sport, so temper tantrums and swearing won't fly.

favorite: Climo, and Shultz those guys throw and putt ultra smooth
least: scott papa with his dumb blue hair, and avery jenkins cuz he seems like a dick

I have only met a few Pros but out of the ones i have met Mike Byrne is by far my favorite. He is such a good ambassador to the sport and is always willing to help out poeple just cutting their teeth in this sport. And i dont have a least favorite Pro, i like all the ones i have met..

Dave Combs

If I could play one round with any of the big names out there, it would have to be Nate Doss. Not seeing a bunch of love for him on this thread. He seems really down to Earth, like he doesn't have that "I'm better than you" attitude. As far as least favorite, I don't know. It's true that Nikko, Feldberg, Cam Todd and Avery all can have that attitude at times, who cares. They ARE better than 99% of us posting on here. I'm not gonna hate on someone that would be able to come to my home course and bust my a$$ by 16 shots.

P.S. Are there any videos out there of this "Feldberg walking putt" I've read about?

if you follow triflusal's link and watch the vibram open vids (8 parts total)
you will see a gradual decline into unsportman-like conduct. By the end when he knows he has no chance of overcoming Shults, he is visually upset and kicks his disc from the underside of the basket instead of grabbing it out.

Ahh i see - the confused face was about how the post was worded in an unreadable manner, not about disagreeing, thanks for clarifying.

Least Favorite: Anyone who takes >10 practice swings before their throw particularly a 12 foot putt.

HAHAHA, count me in this group as well. I'm the first one to say a routine is great and necessary for good putting, but when your routine takes you through 28 of your allotted 30 seconds it's a little ridiculous.

...and avery jenkins cuz he seems like a dick

I know Avery, and he's definitely not a dick. I think you're just intimidated because he's a beast and built like a tank unlike most pros, lol. ;)

P.S. Are there any videos out there of this "Feldberg walking putt" I've read about?

uh, yeah. basically any video of feldberg putting outside the circle. as much as i don't like feldberg as a person, i try to mime my long putting style after his. i hit two 50+ footers during a round yesterday with that style, i really like it. it just feels more natural than what i was doing which was sort of just exploding towards the basket on the shot

uh, yeah. basically any video of feldberg putting outside the circle. as much as i don't like feldberg as a person, i try to mime my long putting style after his. i hit two 50+ footers during a round yesterday with that style, i really like it. it just feels more natural than what i was doing which was sort of just exploding towards the basket on the shot

So you've taken to foot faulting outside the circle also :confused:

But yes there are many video examples of him doing it. Shouldn't be too hard for me to find one..

I don't think I have met any that I thought were total d-bags but watching Shultz get mad during a stupid Clash video made me think he probably wouldn't be fun to hang with.

My favorite pros are mostly women with a few guys thrown in, favs include:

Courtney McCoy, Sarah Stanhope, Des Reading, Juliana Korver, Val Jenkins, Schwebby, MJ, Blaine Kinkel, Jay Reading...

Lots of cool cats in the sport...enough to not worry about the few D-canoes.

Favs - Ulibarri, Barsby, and Jay Reading.

Least - Avery (giant d-bag), and Feldburg (thinks his $hit doesn't stink)

favorite- jay reading
least-lacastro nobody wants to play with a big baby. even though he is an amazing player

funny... i've known dave and avery for years and never had either of them be anything but friendly and courteous. same goes for pretty much all the guys off the course.

on the course virtually all of the top guys have issues sometimes- schweberger, johansen, stan mcdaniel, brian skinner would be a few who i have never seen on bad behavior however...

funny... i've known dave and avery for years and never had either of them be anything but friendly and courteous. same goes for pretty much all the guys off the course.

on the course virtually all of the top guys have issues sometimes- schweberger, johansen, stan mcdaniel, brian skinner would be a few who i have never seen on bad behavior however...

I just can't even picture those two mad...don't know the others personally but I imagine it's the same.

Surprised that Brad Hammocks name has not come up in this thread. I recall reading about a huge hissy fit he had a worlds a few years ago...Also i find his pre shot routine really hard to watch! I've never met the guy, but if i had to choose a least fav player i guess it would be him.

Ive never had the pleasure of playing with a top pro, but both Barry Schultz and Eric McCabe are pretty fun to watch...both have really smooth throwing styles.

Surprised that Brad Hammocks name has not come up in this thread. I recall reading about a huge hissy fit he had a worlds a few years ago...Also i find his pre shot routine really hard to watch! I've never met the guy, but if i had to choose a least fav player i guess it would be him.

Ive never had the pleasure of playing with a top pro, but both Barry Schultz and Eric McCabe are pretty fun to watch...both have really smooth throwing styles.

Latest posts