• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Favorite manufacturer

Favorite manufacturer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spinney105

If you had to pick a manufacturer who would you pick?
Trilogy, innova, prodigy, MVP /Axiom, discraft,etc.

I have no brand loyalty, I simply don't care about the manufacturer at all, I just throw whatever discs I find to be interesting.

More Innova(or derivative brands) in my main bag than any other mfgr...and it's not even close. Basically has the driver and FD slots locked up...but none of their new sh*t.

I do have an all MVP bag though, probably gets about 20% use.

Westside has some weird spell over me. Always really liked Latitude and now that I'm dabbling into Dynamic it is pretty easy to fill slots in the bag with all of them.

If I was an Innova nuthugger I'd be a bitter old dude complaining about the falling quality of DX, plus rims sneaking onto my favorite molds and would just throw Polecats, Rancho Rocs and Eagles. Sadly my scores would probably benefit. Discraft (sneaking DGA in there) is really underrated too.

Lol I guess you can just call me an Innova nuthugger. This poll is pretty inadequate in the current disc scene though. It's missing RDG, Discmania, and Millennium and that's just off the top of my head. People's favorite brands are often not the big brands that make up a lot of their bags but the smaller niche players...

I voted for Innova. It would be hard for me to replace several of their molds in my bag.

But I feel the same way about the Millennium and Discraft discs in my bag, too.

There are just more Innova discs so they got the vote.

Innova. Blizzard Champion plastic.

I used to be all over Dynamic's nutsack too, but they've got so much overlap in their molds it's made me sort of jaded and come back to Innova some. Thank God for Westside at Lat64.

OMG....

...I just realized I'm a Trilogy wh0re.

If I was an Innova nuthugger I'd be a bitter old dude complaining about the falling quality of DX, plus rims sneaking onto my favorite molds and would just throw Polecats, Rancho Rocs and Eagles. Sadly my scores would probably benefit.

Are you old? I mean, McBeth probably feels old when AJ calls to ask whether he should be worried about the hair starting to grow in his arm pits.

I'd be a bitter old dude complaining about the falling quality of DX, plus rims sneaking onto my favorite molds and would just throw Polecats, Rancho Rocs and Eagles. Sadly my scores would probably benefit. Discraft (sneaking DGA in there) is really underrated too.

Too funny, just swap the Polecats, Rocs and Eagles for Sonics, XDs (or a Colt because the Colt is basically a modified XD Right?!?) and a whole lotta Teebirds and you are not too far off from a friend of mine.

Also Discraft does seem underrated on DGCR. They have a lot of quality molds (even without including some nice discs that are discontinued). Their midrange line up is so good (although it could be even better if they brought back X Wasps).
Discraft's Achilles' heal is that unless you take a shine to either Magnets or Challengers you are screwed. None of their other putters are very popular for putting. The Zone is an amazing disc but few players use it as a main putter. The Banger really clicks with a few, but the thumb track turns even more away. Rattlers and Zeppelins don't get the hipster love that Polecats do; they are about as popular as Super Puppies. Other older molds like the APX and Putt'r are decent for putting but seem scantily produced and are harder to find nowadays. The Focus is a pretty good BB Aviar/Wizard clone, but unless you are sponsored by Discraft there is no way you would throw it over a Wizard in it's vast array of delicious plastics.

That being said I played this years ace race and "El Roacho" might be a winner. I liked it more for driving/approaching/tossing than putting but it seemed to garner generally positive reviews from the crowd.

Too bad for Discraft that nothing could ever EVER replace my Voodoo
P.S. No Gateway?

Last edited:

Latest posts