• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Favorite manufacturer

Favorite manufacturer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Innova wins regardless of any poll options. They're the budweiser of disc golf

And if the poll was "Least favorite manufacturer", Innova would probably win that one too.

Budweiser may sell the most, but it's one of the most hated beers I know of too.

And if the poll was "Least favorite manufacturer", Innova would probably win that one too.

Budweiser may sell the most, but it's one of the most hated beers I know of too.

Bravo!!! :clap:

It shows how much power marketing and the fear of the unknwon has over people. If it's not broke, don't fix it. It takes a lot to try something different, but most people can't shake old habbits.

I guess 'wins' was the wrong way to put it. I meant they were the original big disc maker with the most availability and popularity

Innova for molds. Unfortunately I don't prefer their plastics as they all seem to have some tradeoff whether it is durability, grip, or flight characteristics.

I refuse to vote on such a lazy list, couldn't take the extra couple minutes to copy the list?
When Houck owned Millennium I threw my support their way. And now I try to support the Ricos with Legacy. I'm also a fan of the DD crew.

Bravo!!! :clap:

It shows how much power marketing and the fear of the unknwon has over people. If it's not broke, don't fix it. It takes a lot to try something different, but most people can't shake old habbits.

Or they make good discs

I voted Prodigy, which is by far most of my bag. Being new I have no history, so I gravitated to what felt the best. Their 400 plastic sold me ... now I have mostly Prodigy, just using other discs to fill in gaps in lineup. I do have a Star Tern in the bag for understable (a D4 might do the same, just haven't tried one yet). I carry a DD Escape when I need bullet straight drives.

I throw Prodigy fairways as well and like them ... especially the F1 and F7. However, I have a champ Teebird that is the best fairway you can get I think. I could probably just carry that!

Their mids and putters are really solid as well. I do throw a Lat64 Trident or a DD Verdict for an overstable mid depending on wind ... because the M1s I have tried aren't stable enough. And the new A1 is outstanding, quickly became an important part of my bag.

I would have to agree. If I could only buy one manufacturer it would have to be Innova easy to find and a mold to fit about every slot. I haven't clicked with as many discraft molds which I see almost as often as Innova in stores. If DD makes a push for the big box stores that may change.

I would have to agree. If I could only buy one manufacturer it would have to be Innova easy to find and a mold to fit about every slot. I haven't clicked with as many discraft molds which I see almost as often as Innova in stores. If DD makes a push for the big box stores that may change.

I agree with what y'all are saying, but I'll add the caveat that the Trilogy (particularly Dynamic Discs and Lat64) are beginning to catch up, at least in having molds for every occasion. Between DD and Lat64, I can easily put together an all-Trilogy bag and wouldn't skip a beat.

Don't get me wrong, there are some Innova molds I really love, so my Core Bag won't be going all-Trilogy. I'm just saying that Trilogy is beginning to catch up. I'd also say that Trilogy discs are beginning to show up more and more, especially in the PIAS stores. So while I don't expect Innova to lose its hold on No. 1, they're no longer the only game in town....

As if its hard to buy discs of any brand in 2015....lol

Most shops sell all of these and more. I dunno where you guys buy discs but never ever thought to myself damn if i could only get this brand. We are not on some remote island in the middle of the ocean. Google and **** and buy one.

I'm just saying that Trilogy is beginning to catch up. I'd also say that Trilogy discs are beginning to show up more and more, especially in the PIAS stores. So while I don't expect Innova to lose its hold on No. 1, they're no longer the only game in town....

They really are. It's so rare for me to actually find discs in stores. When I do, it's just as common to see Trilogy as Innova, and more so than Discraft. I can find MVP in one, but it's a little over an hour away, and they don't have many discs at all. The only shop I know of on a course is in Baton Rouge. They have a lot of DD and Westside.

I have more Discraft than any other manufacturer in my bag. I am still new to this game and without my Buzzz I don't know where I would be. So they have my vote.

If I HAD to pick it would be Discraft based on the number of molds I carry from each manufacturer. But that would mean no XCal, Orc, Banshee, or most frighteningly NO LEOPARD. I have yet to throw any fairway driver from Discraft that I liked.

That said, based on another thread, I have built an all MVP bag that just might work. But my change to "Gyro" will need the test of next summer to see if this will work. But even if it does I can't fathom not having a Banshee or Leopard in the bag. And as much as I love the Flick like flight of the Motion, a FAF Flick will always be a part of my arsenal.

Most shops sell all of these and more. I dunno where you guys buy discs but never ever thought to myself damn if i could only get this brand. We are not on some remote island in the middle of the ocean. Google and **** and buy one.

Yes, one can buy almost anything online, but that is subject to available weights and colors. And quite often I don't want to buy online because I can't check out the PLH or see if "orange" really is "orange", etc.

And most shops around here don't see ALL of these brands. Disc Stalker here has the widest brand selections, and they are just about the ONLY place in the metro Atlanta area with MVP/Axiom discs. The PIAS stores in the metro Atlanta area don't carry MVP; the only ones one ever sees are used. And the Academy and Dick's Sporting Goods generally carry only Innova and a bit of Discraft.

Most shops in Stl don't carry all the brands, legacy is pretty rare, as is millennium, discraft is hit and miss, mvp selection varies, trilogy is usually pretty good and of course there is innova. Vibram is absolutely nill. To buy locally it isn't necessarily easy even in 2015. Heck, even gateway is rare to find in shops (although a few of the local PIAS did just get stacks of stamped wizards in).

Yes, one can buy almost anything online, but that is subject to available weights and colors. And quite often I don't want to buy online because I can't check out the PLH or see if "orange" really is "orange", etc.

And most shops around here don't see ALL of these brands. Disc Stalker here has the widest brand selections, and they are just about the ONLY place in the metro Atlanta area with MVP/Axiom discs. The PIAS stores in the metro Atlanta area don't carry MVP; the only ones one ever sees are used. And the Academy and Dick's Sporting Goods generally carry only Innova and a bit of Discraft.

The big boxes here being Sports Authority and Dicks are really only Innova in my experience. There is a chain around here called Johnny macs that is all Innova as well.

Easier for sure over there. Since I'm bagging all-Legacy, I'll just note that there has been some issue with their distribution deal/distributor in Europe (or at least Finland), both the stores that carry Legacy are really low on stock and haven't gotten new shipments in quite a while (neither store has a single Hunter in stock). Granted, Legacy isn't the most popular manufacturer by any means, so maybe they haven't ordered stuff of late, but talking in the store around August/September, they were more putting it on the distributor. I think the last Legacy shipments have been middle of 2015 or there abouts. I've added some discs off Ebay, but shipping-wise have to tone down compared to getting them from a local store for sure (which might not be a bad thing :p ).