• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Favorite manufacturer

Favorite manufacturer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I could only choose one, it would be Innova. I do carry two C-PDs in my bag but I could easily replace them with Thunderbirds. Though if I was sponsored by Innova I'm fairly sure they'd let me bag my PDs. I grew up throwing pretty much just Innova. I see no reason to completely switch up my bag when I have stacks of discs I already know & trust. A huge waste of money to switch up my bag because???...no legitimate reason I can think of. I remember when Latitude wasn't "cool" to throw & it was rare to see anything but Innova or Discraft on the course.

Legacy discs for me mostly, although I still throw thunderbirds, firebirds, drone, and rhinos...waiting for releases from Legacy on those types of discs...

My typical bag is 80% Innova/Discmania, but the other 20% is Comet and Buzzzes. Irreplaceable in my game.

...so, gotta go with Discraft. but I would really really really miss my Novas.

Nice necrobump.

It would be interesting to see how the poll results would have changed over the last couple of years.

Shall we open a new poll and compare results? Could be interesting....

If you would like to that would be great! I'd take it for sure. :hfive:

I don't keep up on new discs or manufacturers. So I wouldn't know which ones are relevant enough to include once beyond about 7-8 companies.

I don't keep up on new discs or manufacturers. So I wouldn't know which ones are relevant enough to include once beyond about 7-8 companies.

We might have to leave that to the more savvy posters among us.....I'm not even sure how to create a poll....I've been on here for a few years and just recently learned how to do spoilers haha.

Discmania needs to be on here as it is a main company now and not just an Innova side company. Then MVP full trilogy should be on here as they have a core base of players and to not include Streamline is a mistake. Discraft/DGA is what that should read, then Innova Innova/Millennium/Infinite disc as a set. Gateway? maybe and the main companies under them. Kastaplast as the discs are sold in the USA unlike Viking discs that are sold more in Europe now. I can't really think of any others except maybe Yikun discs.

Discmania needs to be on here as it is a main company now and not just an Innova side company. Then MVP full trilogy should be on here as they have a core base of players and to not include Streamline is a mistake. Discraft/DGA is what that should read, then Innova Innova/Millennium/Infinite disc as a set. Gateway? maybe and the main companies under them. Kastaplast as the discs are sold in the USA unlike Viking discs that are sold more in Europe now. I can't really think of any others except maybe Yikun discs.

Forgot Legacy Discs too.

My Favorite is Discraft/DGA as a very good portion of my bags are these discs Including my putting putter Magnet in Jawbreaker/Proline Titanic, however the other ~1/2 is Innova, especially if the Archon Star and Champion make my bag. I am hoping the Star Archon is near flat top to be more distinct obvious OS tick more than the Champion Archon the same way my Star Valkyrie and Star Archon are.

I could drop the single Lighting disc, a #2 Upshot in Prostyle as an uphill/downhill putter for the G-Star Colt of about the same weight to have only Innova and Discraft/DGA however I could also get a soft Pro D Magnet for the uphill/downhill putter when I need to in the next 5-10 years as #2 Upshot gets too US to use for putting and stick with the Star Shark for a Driving putter, some OS approach, and some windy day putting that needs more OS then my Pro Shark as I then would be thinking about using the Colt as my other driving putter. I have to think it over, probably going with the Soft Pro D Magnet as to make putting the same flight with both molds, with the Titanic being slower but same line.

Last edited:
Definitely dig Innova - all the discs from other companies in my bag could pretty easily be replaced by something Innova molded. Wait, Innova molded still counts right? Need my FDs. Although, then again TL/Leo3 would probably work fine too.

I have a feeling the poll numbers would be quite a bit different if we polled everyone again today. Discraft at 8.6%? Not anymore.

On that same vain

Latitude 64 made Trillogy at nearly 18%? Yeah I do not think so, as a bunch were 90% Dynmic Disc fans that left the brand after the pro lineup got purged or they left due to how the players themselves were treated as if they had to live and breathe Dynamic Disc/trillogy cult/be on YouTube all the time to be a top sponsored player, not to mention team was a bit big compared to Latitude 64 team and Latitude 64 has been around since 2006-2007 or so. Now Tristan Tanner and the smaller guy who almost won World Disc Golf Championships have both for Dynamic Disc have stepped up game and are not asked to beyond cult worship the team, time will tell for those two how they fair in life and with the team.

Innova would be down a tick due to the discs they make being in a more inconstant period for some particular molds and making new molds nobody really needs like the 15 speed Corvette early this year and another putter, but not an Aviar like disc or another Zone attempt.

Seems that just by guessing right now only players not the quality of the discs seems to drive sales in Discs This includes all companies but Innova as they embedded as the main seller of disc to all Walmart stores and are the first company with a modern Disc Golf Disc. With bags and towels, Comfort, then price and/or quality drive most sales.

Last edited:
On that same vain

Latitude 64 made Trillogy at nearly 18%? Yeah I do not think so, as a bunch were 90% Dynmic Disc fans that left the brand after the pro lineup got purged or they left due to how the players themselves were treated as if they had to live and breathe Dynamic Disc/trillogy cult/be on YouTube all the time to be a top sponsored player, not to mention team was a bit big compared to Latitude 64 team and Latitude 64 has been around since 2006-2007 or so. Now Tristan Tanner and the smaller guy who almost won World Disc Golf Championships have both for Dynamic Disc have stepped up game and are not asked to beyond cult worship the team, time will tell for those two how they fair in life and with the team.

Innova would be down a tick due to the discs they make being in a more inconstant period for some particular molds and making new molds nobody really needs like the 15 speed Corvette early this year and another putter, but not an Aviar like disc or another Zone attempt.

Seems that just by guessing right now only players not the quality of the discs seems to drive sales in Discs This includes all companies but Innova as they embedded as the main seller of disc to all Walmart stores and are the first company with a modern Disc Golf Disc. With bags and towels, Comfort, then price and/or quality drive most sales.

It's also possible that the current batch of Trilogy throwers aren't as vocal. I throw a mixed bag with about 1/3 Dynamic, 1/3 Westside, and 1/3 non-Trilogy. So I'd vote Trilogy if this same poll was released today. For me, it comes down to plastic feel, consistency, and flight.

Plastic feel: Premium Trilogy plastics are among my favorites, with only MVP/Axiom's Plasma plastic being on par. Granted, I haven't thrown Kastaplast's K1 which is supposed to be phenomenal, nor any Prodigy that some people swear by. But compared to Champ, Star, ESP, and Big Z, I'll take Trilogy's offerings instead. The only negative is that each of the three Trilogy brands calls the plastic blends something different, so it is tough to keep straight.

Consistency: There are some minor differences from run to run, typically driven by dome/PLH. But all things considered there is some remarkable consistency here. If you buy a 168g Biofuzion Getaway, then buy another a year later from a different run, they are going to fly darn near identically. And once you find a mold you like, you can easily buy one that flies just a little bit more OS/US by going +/- 7 grams, or buying the Recycled or VIP-X plastic for US/OS bookends in the same mold.

Flight: The Trilogy ratings have been much maligned over the years. They've had some great molds that were horribly marketed as a completely different disc (such as the Stag which was released as a 0 turn/3 fade meathook, which in actuality is a workhorse FD-like fairway). But those ratings have been fixed, and actually are a better representation of how a low-to-mid power thrower's disc will behave than Innova's by comparison (-1 turn from a Destroyer? Certainly not for the average player).

Discraft or Innova, still deciding, leaning more to Innova, as I could replace the Impact with a Wombat 3 as both have a very similar flight just Wombat is a tick slower thus not a between distance disc. Then the Magnet putter gets replaced with the Hydra broken in to fly straighter both plastic, using both the limited run G-Star for wooded tight putts replacing the DGA Proline Titanic and the R-Pro as I currently use the Jawbreaker Magnet and Jawbreaker is similar to R-Pro.

This is current bag and how I use those molds. The Stalker I get an average slightly lower dome Eagle x to replace the Stalker mold, that is a very close disc in flight. Might try a Teebird to see how close that is to the old Z XL.

Last edited: