• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Findley State Park, Wellington, OH

Technohic

* Ace Member *
Was playing there yesterday evening with the fiance and ran into the main guy who has been working on the back 9 as he was weed eating what will be hole 17 and was told that the back 9 will be in by the end of the week!

He then gave us a tour of where the holes will be and I will say, the course will still maintain the beginner friendly atmosphere but the back 9 look to be difficult as they are still tight and technical but incorporate some elevation and are about all over 200' and a few that are actually 400'+

Disc golfers will be wanted to get high traffic as it will be just a rough in. The tees are already marked by logs, the baskets have been put in for temp rounds as they test but now the anchors are in the ground to lock them in, and they need trampled down as they still continue to work on clearing some rough and sticks on the fairway.

There is to be a grand opening sometime in August and I will post more as I know more.

Awesome, thanks for the info man. I love seeing all of these courses going it, but a little sad they are all 9-holes. Glad to hear at least one of them is going to 18.

You should update the course conditions on the course page.

Look forward to playing. I never played there since it was only 9 holes. Look forward to the additional back nine. I live in OH so it will be easy to take this course in. Thanks for the update! Keep me posted - would like to be at opening day.

innovajohnny5
-if the chains donn't "ching", it don't count!

Yeah, unfortunately I haven't gotten a chance to head back out there to check out the extended course. Been busy with work and kids. I should be able to make it out there soon though; and I am sure they will have the grand opening posted.

Just remembered I needed to update this yesterday when I was out there and played the new back 9 for a second time. It is rough and tough as hell at this stage and sounds like the "grand opening" won't be until next spring. The baskets are in if someone wants to check it out, just note that its not official from what I can tell and it's a bit hard to follow still at this point unless you know where you are going. Just look for chopped down small trees looking like they are lining a path in a lot of spots and seems that some areas are getting stomped down a bit.

To get started, after hole 9 on the side of the parking lot opposite where you come in from hole 8, there is the bike path, and a trail that leads to the right a bit. In there, you will see a "platform" outlined by rocks on the edge and some logs on the sides and that is tee 10.. Pic attached but my phones camera is getting blury lately. This is about 300'-350' slight dogleg right. Then a couple holes later is probably close to 400' with a narrow tunnel with a big ditch right toward the end before getting to the "green."

I will try to map it sometime here as I start to know it a bit better myself and hopefully take a better camera.

Attachments

• IMG00041-20110809-1324.jpg
    IMG00041-20110809-1324.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 5
Well let me know if you do. Maybe I can help guide you through it. gets confusing when you have to cross the street.

Be sure to bring your Leopard. I at least use mine like a crutch when in those tight woods.

Latest posts