• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Firebirds Illegal!

I fully understand following rules but this all came about because one person is mad their favorite putter in their favorite plastic is getting made an example. A very poor example at that. A putter too stiff, come on now! Yes some drivers are more likely to result in more stitches than others but that test of pushing it on a scale is not an accurate way of measurement. Then to go out looking for discs for the spite of it when its not our jobs to do that, still douchey.

But part of following the rules involves making sure that everyone follows the rules. If you're throwing illegal discs, then you are not following the rules.

I fully understand following rules but this all came about because one person is mad their favorite putter in their favorite plastic is getting made an example. A very poor example at that. A putter too stiff, come on now! Yes some drivers are more likely to result in more stitches than others but that test of pushing it on a scale is not an accurate way of measurement. Then to go out looking for discs for the spite of it when its not our jobs to do that, still douchey.

This is EXACTLY how the PDGA wants discs to be flex tested. The only reason I performed this test was because the Firebird was brought up multiple times in the previous thread and I happened to have a chunked up FB in my trunk. Like it or not, sometimes the truth hurts.

First, they came for your wizards, nobody helped them
Then they came for yor firebirds, nobody helped them
When they came for your mini's, there was nobody left to speak up for them

You can't kill the firebird
The firebird will live on

discdoh tried to destroy the firebird
But firebird was much too strong
Techno tried to defile the firebird
But techno was proven wrong

Firebird!
It comes from hell

Last edited:
This is EXACTLY how the PDGA wants discs to be flex tested. The only reason I performed this test was because the Firebird was brought up multiple times in the previous thread and I happened to have a chunked up FB in my trunk. Like it or not, sometimes the truth hurts.
EXACTLY?
Then please reply to this post and show us the data.
So, you sre asking us to "trust" you, the accuracy of your scale, the temperature at which it was tested and the accuracy of all the other variables? Right.

If people stop bumping this stupid thread, maybe the pdga google bots wont see it and youre precious birds will be safe....for now

If anything all of this discussion just shows that the pdga needs to come up with a different set of standards for putters, mids, and drivers and make it easy for TDs to enforce out on the course. Maybe vary the allowed stiffness based on rim width, so smaller rims can be stiffer than something with a wider rim. None of this really matters a lot though until you can come up with an easy and consistent way to test this in the field.

I really think the enforcement from this rule needs to come from the PDGA stopping the manufacturer from making them in the first place. It would be just too difficult to test every disc in every players bag at a Tourney, and only if they have the tools to do it. But making existing on the shelf discs illegal is not a good solution. As it is not fair to those who have already bought them under the impression that they are legal, as they are stamped.

That being said, I think all existing discs on shelves should remain legal. And it's up to the PDGA to stop manufacturers from releasing illegal discs in the first place with random audits etc.

And screw "ratting" this is just using an example (firebirds) to show that the little guy(gateway) is being targeted because they don't have the ties to the PDGA that Innova does. It's not fair, Innova IMO has by far the largest number of "illegal" discs on the shelves and in bags. Discraft wouldn't be far behind.

Last edited:
i dont like ineffective rules put in place to make "white people feel safe" as george carlin would say. yes this is a racial issue now.

free bump

on a side note, i wouldn't let anybody pull a disc outta my bag and try the flex test.

Last edited:
I wonder if any discs WOULD PASS this test?

2013 the year you can't throw any plastic!

Latest posts