• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First ace?

Been playin for about a year, and hit hole 1 Bijou Park. It's like 180-220 not sure. Anhyzer Star Stingray(the only disc I could make go right at the time) I have 7 more since then.

I have two friends who have been playing for a little over 5 years now. They started playing together and have progressed into really good golfers, of more or less equal skill. One of them has about 15 aces, the other has still never had one!

My girlfriend got her first ace last spring with an anhyzer teebird flex shot. It was during a weekly doubles event so she cashed about $60 for it as well!

My first ace came after 3 years of playing. It was on Hole 4 of the Redwood Curtain here in Arcata (my home course). I was by myself, but luckly there was a couple of people putting out on one of the next holes that saw it and was able to sign my disc. Scence then I have had 3 more aces 1 on hole 17 @ the Redwood Curtain, 1 @ a course I designed in Hayfork, and 1 on Horse Mountain, all in 08'. I've still yet to get one in 09, I allmost did the other day, but close only counts in horseshoes, handgrenades, and government work.

Keep Hucking
-Chris UPDGA# 0001

i'd been playing for about 2 months, it was at brookland middle school, hole #7. 200 ft. short shot, but for 2 months that was great. i threw a champion beast.

ive had so many close calls since then.

I got my first on 1/31. Blind-ish tomahawk over some trees. #11 at Bear Branch in The Woodlands, for those interested.

edit: The picture for #11 on BB's page is misleading, it's a picture of the shot from the women's tee. I'll take a new one next time I go play.

When I was 17, I got an Ace on Hole #17, Carter Park, Bowling Green Ohio with a #3 Hyzer Disc. That was my first Ace Ever.

Now, I'm 26, I got my 2nd Ace during the New Years Day Tournament, 1-1-09 on Hole #5, Winton Woods, Cincinnati Ohio with a DX Banshee.

Nothing like a 9 year gap. I'm on pace for like 4 in my lifetime.

I just got my first ace today. I've been playing for about 9 months. It was hole one at Memorial Hills DGC in Huntington, IN.
I threw a Pro Valkyrie RHBH uphill, anhyzer around the trees. 240 feet. I was so stoked. My friend had just showed up so I was glad he was there to witness it.

I just got my first ace today. I've been playing for about 9 months. It was hole one at Memorial Hills DGC in Huntington, IN.
I threw a Pro Valkyrie RHBH uphill, anhyzer around the trees. 240 feet. I was so stoked. My friend had just showed up so I was glad he was there to witness it.

congrats man! and at 240' thats a non-debatable ace ;)

congrats man! and at 240' thats a non-debatable ace ;)

Yeah, I was hoping that my first ace would be on a longer hole, not like a 120 foot hole or something. The uphill factor makes it seem longer too;)

my first ace was back in '95 and is one of my shortest at 165'. bayville park in va. beach, hole #16. hit my most current ace(and my longest at 330') in july of '08 at TC3 in dryden, NY..25 aces with at least 14 different discs...4 different states...im due for another!!

OLE!

:)

First ace was on Feb. 28 at Horning Hideout #2 course on hole #17. 180 ft strait across a feild to a basket on the side of the hill. been playing serious for about 9 months now but have been playing object style for many years.

Hippy007

My first and only was a 268' slight anhyzer shot. We had a new player with us and I was explaining how to throw anhyzer so it would end up at the basket. Then I put it in. I WISH that I'd had the composure to slowly turn back to him and say "Just like that," but instead there was a borderline girly scream and lot's of high fives.

First ace was on Feb. 28 at Horning Hideout #2 course on hole #17. 180 ft strait across a feild to a basket on the side of the hill. been playing serious for about 9 months now but have been playing object style for many years.

Hippy007

Congratulations Hippy007. Great feeling, huh?

When and what course did you have your first disc golf ace?
How long from the time you first started playing the game till your first ace?
How many since then?
By the way,still waiting on mine!!

no course

eternity

I am too

My first and only was a 268' slight anhyzer shot. We had a new player with us and I was explaining how to throw anhyzer so it would end up at the basket. Then I put it in. I WISH that I'd had the composure to slowly turn back to him and say "Just like that," but instead there was a borderline girly scream and lot's of high fives.

Thanks for the laugh. I enjoyed that. I would do the same thing. My daughter and my wife are still making fun of me,because I made a great drive on a hard anny hole, and it hit a tree and went in the woods and I yelled a very loud "Son of a bitch!". They won't let me live that down.

Just nailed my first ace today! Calvert Hole 9 Blue Tee 237' with my FLX Surge 174g. I had a good feeling as soon as it left my hand and watched it drop in. Been playing since last May. I never thought my first ace would be a backhand. Up till a few weeks ago I drove every hole forehand. Funny that the exact time was 4:20pm.

Latest posts