• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flying Circus -vs- Sexy McBeast

Scott Davis

Was curious how many ppl would be willing to pay $15-- $20 a person to spectate a Doubles Match between Simons,Eagle,Paul,and Nate at your cities Best Championship Course

That's the price of a premium disc. So it's not like we don't spend that amount frequently. And I enjoy watching all those players. So yea, I'd pay it.

Good luck most events charge nothing to spectate and with very few exceptions almost no one besides other competitors watch in person.

it would be super difficult to enforce that anyone who hasnt paid doesnt get to see any of it.

I would rather try and make it just an event for your club. Maybe a raffle on who gets to play on a card with a pro on it. sell fundraisers etc.

I am actually hoping to run sth like this in the summer if the plans fall through

Not on any of the local courses we have. Not even the one we are putting in that is going to be our most non-executive-par-3 course yet. It just wouldn't be that impressive to watch, beyond the consistency that they have in throwing shots we all pull off. When we have a course that they are able to play *differently* from the "local pros" I will pay to see it in my town.

Are you kidding me! Heck yea I'd love to see those guys throw down at the home course. Put us down in Denton, TX! I'll round up the guys!

I give them $20, they give me a piece of plastic with a cool stamp... I'm in.

Great Idea, was really thinking of this as being a Fundraiser for Possibly St Jude Children's Research Hospital ,since it doesn't appear there will be a St Jude Cup this year , Simply a crazy random thought that could play out and of course could not 😳

I give them $20, they give me a piece of plastic with a cool stamp... I'm in.

This, essentially. I do feel it would be awesome to watch them play (even more to play with them) but it wouldn't be at the same level they put out there at the Memorials/USDGCs, so if there was some merch, sure.

Otherwise, I'll watch the YouTube footage.

This, essentially. I do feel it would be awesome to watch them play (even more to play with them) but it wouldn't be at the same level they put out there at the Memorials/USDGCs, so if there was some merch, sure.

Otherwise, I'll watch the YouTube footage.
Right - that's why I said I want to see it on a layout that requires them to really use their robust shot types (skill with rollers, backhand/forehand versatility, etc.). I'd pay $20, no plastic coming to me, to watch a match where they're doing things your local arms will look at it and say "I never thought of doing it THAT way." We aren't getting their very NT/DGPT/DGWT best - so we have to get something unique.

Yeah I'd pay that. Heck, I'd pay that much and drive 2 hours to see them play a better course.

You're sort of competing against what they're already doing.

If you're going to do this, charge $25, run a seminar, give away a commemorative disc or shirt, then spectate the round.

Even boat shows and hunting shows have a ton of giveaways.

I think when I was in my first 5-6 years of playing I used to like to watch the good players when they were in town. After a few years it was boring. I'd already seen Scott Stokely throw a crazy hyzer line and park an unreachable hole. I'd already seen Ron Russell roll a Cyclone halfway across a course on a safari hole. I'd already watched George Smith hit a 100' putt where he had cut between two trees with like an extra inch of clearance 20' in front of the basket. I'd already watched Sam Ferrans park a 400+' hole and then realized he threw an Aviar. It was cool at the time. Eventually I got tired of watching a lot of golf waiting for that next shot that I'd remember.

New players I think would be the demographic for this sort of thing. I really wouldn't pay money knowing I probably wouldn't see anything cooler than I had already seen for free.

I'd pay $15-20 to not have to deal with a huge gallery following 4 players that are taking up my local course with nothing on the line. :|

Id pay it without question. If it was a local champion level course, for me it would Maple Hill golds. And I think Maple Hill is upping the price to play there to $20 anyway...could be wrong, but its what I was told.

Latest posts