• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Footwear

I usually just use my Asolo trail running shoes but the bottom's starting to fall apart from all the pivoting I do while disc golfing.

I have some Asolo hiking boots that are designed for moderate hiking. They are Gore tex and work well for that matter. Great ankle support and have a great toe protector on them. The only drawback is the weight, slightly too heavy for disc golf. I am looking at getting a pair of Merrels or equivalent.

I've had a pair of NB 977 "country walking" mid-rise boots with GoreTex liner for over a year now, and they've worked extremely well for me. I've mostly worn them for disc golf, and haven't played as much as I'd have liked, so they're still in good shape. I tried to slog through one course where most of the back nine was under several inches of standing water, and the only time any water got to my socks or skin was when I sloshed some in over the top, so I can confirm that the GoreTex liner works very well for staying dry.

There are a couple of other options from NB -- you can see the different hiking shoe/boot options they have here: http://www.nbwebexpress.com/category.asp?type=MNFTOTHI&perPg=24&showDetails=no

Perfect! I think I found what the wife can begrudgingly get for me for the anniversary. Appreciate the info.

*backswing

My boots are considered "Light Hiking". What is disc golf? Light hiking right? You wouldn't wear them on the street, so why would you where sneakers to hike in? Hiking boots are the way to go.

I hear trail running or skate shoes work well for dg also. I still havn't made a decision though.

I hear trail running or skate shoes work well for dg also. I still havn't made a decision though.

I skated for 10+ yrs. I used to think skate shoes were poofy and the most comfortable shoe.
I wouldn't wear em for DG.
I wear Hi-Tec hiking boots in the winter (the best and most comfortable boot I've ever worn!)
And New Balance All-Terrain running shoes in the summer times.
If you have never worn NewBalance, you are truly missing out.
Breathable clouds under your feet!
http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/detail.asp?s1=shopping&s2=DF&s3=MT460BK&style=MT460BK
Mine are the 470's

Nice site.
I usually have a difficult time finding shoes.
15B's are not common.

I skated for 10+ yrs. I used to think skate shoes were poofy and the most comfortable shoe.
I wouldn't wear em for DG.
I wear Hi-Tec hiking boots in the winter (the best and most comfortable boot I've ever worn!)
And New Balance All-Terrain running shoes in the summer times.
If you have never worn NewBalance, you are truly missing out.
Breathable clouds under your feet!
http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/detail.asp?s1=shopping&s2=DF&s3=MT460BK&style=MT460BK
Mine are the 470's

Wow, those look nice, and I love New Balance. I might try those. The price is not that bad

Latest posts