• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Force Love

We don't get high winds too often where I live. So when it does get gusty sometimes I will
Make a point of doing field work to see how my OS stuff responds.

I normally throw a crank as my primary distance driver, and pair it with a force for windy day or hyzer shots. The idea is that if the wind picks up on you out at the course or during a tournament, you club up in stability to get the same result in a headwind.

Example: throwing putter on a calm day is a banger gt for me. Windy day, same shot, I'm throwing a zone.

Calm day comet, windy day wasp. Etc.

I have a more OS putter, mid and fairway. . so i go up in stability in the wind. . .but just never had a OS driver in the bag. . so on the driver side a have nothing to "club up" to. . . .but do i need one?

hard for my to practice with a FORCE. . .normal days/wind it just go left. . need to practice driving in the wind

I have a more OS putter, mid and fairway. . so i go up in stability in the wind. . .but just never had a OS driver in the bag. . so on the driver side a have nothing to "club up" to. . . .but do i need one?

hard for my to practice with a FORCE. . .normal days/wind it just go left. . need to practice driving in the wind

To be honest some rounds I never even touch my force. It's just good to have in the bag in case the weather gets ugly, or the course has dogleg corners / skip shots needed.

I use my force for flat full power headwind shots, or for power sidearm shots. I think it's good for everyone to have an OS putter + mid + driver for those ulitity shots.

I think it's good for everyone to have an OS putter + mid + driver for those ulitity shots.

I have a first run Rask in my bag for overhands, forehand rollers and backhands into hurricane speed winds....

The Force is too fast for my backhand on a calm day but not OS enough to be a true utility disc. If I had more arm speed, I could see bagging it...but I don't.

Your Rask would be the equivalent of how i use my nuke OS. Used for those overhand, flex forehands, flare skip shots. Definitely more reliable than the force for tough situations.

I use the force if I need more distance / slightly more turn than my nuke OS.

I like throwing light drivers, so for me, I just go up in weight for a headwind shot.

I will throw a Zone, Drone or jOKERI in the bag on super windy days, as I already throw max weight putters and lids.

BTW, the swirl ESP Jenkins Thrasher molded up more stable than the normal ones.

i throw all my drivers in the same weight range 159-161 (i'm officially an old guy, just turned 60). for headwinds i use the newest disc i have for the shot. i completely forget about the wind and it usually works well for me. overthinking wind influence totally killed a few rounds for me but since using a more simple approach my windy days average about +2 strokes.

speaking of lighter weight drivers, i looked at DiscGolfCenter and i can't find ESP Forces (not even close) or Nukes (very limited choices) in my weight range. i really hope Discraft isn't just gearing up for the masses and forgetting about the rest of us.

speaking of lighter weight drivers, i looked at DiscGolfCenter and i can't find ESP Forces (not even close) or Nukes (very limited choices) in my weight range. i really hope Discraft isn't just gearing up for the masses and forgetting about the rest of us.

I believe that you can get a Nuke or Z Force at 169, ESP Force maybe 171 but with so much rim there isn't the ability to make them much lighter.

I believe that you can get a Nuke or Z Force at 169, ESP Force maybe 171 but with so much rim there isn't the ability to make them much lighter.

IMO if Innova can make a Star Boss in 135 grams 160 shouldn't be that hard in ESP. i sure know a lot of folks who throw in that weight range. the fact that lighter weights tend (in most molds) to be a little more understable is a real plus to me.

at my age i might break a hip trying to throw heavier drivers :\.

IMO if Innova can make a Star Boss in 135 grams 160 shouldn't be that hard in ESP. i sure know a lot of folks who throw in that weight range. the fact that lighter weights tend (in most molds) to be a little more understable is a real plus to me.

at my age i might break a hip trying to throw heavier drivers :\.

Yeah those blizzard bosses were crap though haha..Flimsy Flipturds! I don't know if Discraft has tried the airbubble thing but I'm with you on the lighter stuff. This isn't the place to mention it but... haha... MVP does real well at light weights, I throw almost all MVP these days. Have a look at the fission Photon I've got a 143 I love..

If I didn't have a broken in 172 ESP Force I probably wouldn't have loved them, the break in is brutal for anyone throwing under 400'

Last edited:
Discraft did a run of Z lite ages ago. I've never seen them in person or tested them however. They did a bunch of fairway drivers and distance drivers. No forces I don't think though? Just nukes, cranks and nuke OS, etc.

They haven't run any in a long time though. Not sure if the demand is there, or if they turned out well at all.

Discraft did a run of Z lite ages ago. I've never seen them in person or tested them however. They did a bunch of fairway drivers and distance drivers. No forces I don't think though? Just nukes, cranks and nuke OS, etc.

They haven't run any in a long time though. Not sure if the demand is there, or if they turned out well at all.

A lot of the stuff that is that light tends to be less durable given the lower plastic density. So, while they're easier to throw, they don't last nearly as long in terms of stability. It's unfortunate.

IIRC it was Nuke OS, Nuke, Nuke SS, Crank, Surge SS, Avenger SS, and Mantis. MSt has a couple of the more US molds left.

Bougth a Z FORCE FLY DYE 169g just to try. . .first test today and NOT what i had expected.

I´m a noodle arm with a normal drive of 330-350feet . .and my normal Driver setup from most US to OS is:
Ti Thrasher -> ESP Thrasher Glo Swirl Valarie Jenkins -> BioFuzion Trespass -> Lucid-X Trespass

I was extremely surprised that my new FORCE was LESS OS than my Lucid-X Trespass. . The FORCE basicly flew straight with a nice fade at the end , , like o longer Undertaker.

I most have got an oddball FORCE but for my armspeed it´s GREAT!! I love how it feels in my hand, i have ALOT of drivers and the FORCE has the best feeling in the hand of any driver i have.

I need to find a few more of this "oddball-not-very-OS-FORCE" absolutely LOVE it . . and the buy som normal OS FORCE for windy days

Bougth a Z FORCE FLY DYE 169g just to try. . .first test today and NOT what i had expected.

I´m a noodle arm with a normal drive of 330-350feet . .and my normal Driver setup from most US to OS is:
Ti Thrasher -> ESP Thrasher Glo Swirl Valarie Jenkins -> BioFuzion Trespass -> Lucid-X Trespass

I was extremely surprised that my new FORCE was LESS OS than my Lucid-X Trespass. . The FORCE basicly flew straight with a nice fade at the end , , like o longer Undertaker.

I most have got an oddball FORCE but for my armspeed it´s GREAT!! I love how it feels in my hand, i have ALOT of drivers and the FORCE has the best feeling in the hand of any driver i have.

I need to find a few more of this "oddball-not-very-OS-FORCE" absolutely LOVE it . . and the buy som normal OS FORCE for windy days

Yeah, there is NO WAY a Force should be less stable than a Trespass. I've only thrown a few Forces, and they were all fairly overstable. Straight flight followed by a pretty severe fade.

The Trespass is quite a bit longer, with more glide. For me the Force and Trespass would be used for completely different shots.

You might try an ESP Force. Those seem to be beefier than Zs, for whatever reason.

My idea was to have the FORCE for those times the Lucid-X Trespass is not stable enough

I dont know if the FLY DYE ones are "oddballs" . . but the one i got was less OS than my Lucid-X more like a normal Lucid Trespass

But the FORCE feels better in my hands, so i´m going to take all my Trespasses out of the bag and just go for Trashers and Forces as my drivers
My store hade two more FLY DYEs in the same weight in stock. .so i hope those fly the same as mine. . then i am going to try the new ESP and Pauls sig Z for the OS slot

Last edited:
My store here in Sweden have some old Nate Doss Ti FORCEs and the old ESP. . .should i buy those or go for the new plastics, any difference in flight?

My idea was to have the FORCE for those times the Lucid-X Trespass is not stable enough

For the past 5 or 6 years I have paired Trespasses and Forces together for a nice spectrum of stabilities.

My current lineup is seasoned hybrid Trespass, seasoned lucid, fresh glow, fresh lucid-X, seasoned ESP Force, Fresh ESP Force, Z Force.

That is just about the complete spectrum of stabilities for me, but Forces have steadily been taking a higher and higher percentage of my drives as the years go by. My seasoned old-ESP force is an absolute bomber and since I have acquired a few of the new swirly ESPs I am looking forward to seeing how they stack up.

All that said, if your Z force is less stable than a Lucid-X, you are in for an eye-opening when you get a few Forces in their natural stability.

Going to make an order for a few different FORCEs today...just hoping all the fly dyes flies like mine does and the ESP and sig Z is more OS
Maybe a OS FORCE can kick my Predator out of the bag and I can make those utility shots with a OS FORCE instead

Going to make an order for a few different FORCEs today...just hoping all the fly dyes flies like mine does and the ESP and sig Z is more OS
Maybe a OS FORCE can kick my Predator out of the bag and I can make those utility shots with a OS FORCE instead

Going all in on the Force based on a sample of one? I applaud you!

Latest posts