• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Future Dyes

Coming soon to the Nuke line-up

nukeBAMF.jpg

I am looking for patterns like the disc's that you can get dyed from Dynamic Disc's. Any ideas on how to find stuff like that to cut, or how to design them.

Any kaleidoscope effect in Elements or GIMP?

Thanks

similar to the above poster, i want to find an image that has a cool effect on the outside rim of the disc.

i have one disc with a little clear strip in an otherwise black rim and the visual effect in the air got me thinking it'd be awesome to have a larger one next to it, and then larger and then larger... anybody know something out there i might be able to work with? a simple spiral would probably do, but id be down to make it more fancy.

So, This one will probably end up in the cool combinations/ theme dyes thread when I'm done, but I'm currently working on this picture on a Star Archon. Not much to work with in the theme of Archon, but this should be cool enough. It will be my first attempt at detailed shading within a technicolor dye. I'm excited.
Bullseye_by_Zombi3z.png

Oh yeah, the picture is by Zombi3z on DeviantArt, if anyone cares

lack of ideas

Nobody is posting good ideas for me to use here. These are a few I have been considering.
Tyrone-Biggums-400x245.jpg

tiling_kaplan_salesin.jpg

lglp0806stairway-to-heaven-led-zeppelin-poster.jpg

Hypnotoad.jpg

7.jpg

Tell me what yall think, and feel free to use them

I think most any woodcut print would make a good disc dyeing stencil. In case your unfamiliar with the process, basically you cut the design out of a flat piece of wood
woodcut_closeup.jpg

ink it
Mvc-148l-lg.jpg

lay paper over it and press
linoproof.jpg

Here's a few examples
kurt_brian_webb_prosthetics.gif

il_570xN.106022009.jpg

From a google image "woodcut print" search.

Latest posts