• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Future Dyes

This will be my most complicated job so far. Two hours of weeding and I've made progress. I've noticed a couple spots that shouldn't have come off but should be reasonably easy to recut and place. Can't wait to send this one out.
TMNT_Tokka_01.jpg

Bringing back an old thread rather than starting a new one here. Can anyone hook me up with a clean image of the buzzz bee logo? I know there are several, so I would be most interested in the classic bumblebee in flight with the stinger pointing up towards his chin and that aggressive look. I'll look some more on the web, but was hoping someone here would already have the image handy. Thanks in advance.

^exactly!! that would be awesome. Thanks Northern. I want to try it on a yellow buzzz..... basic black stencil then enhanced with some shading and details. Don't knock yourself out looking for it, though... I could probably get a decent enough image to work from just from the pic of your disc as a last resort (and if you don't mind me using it)

^^Thanks, Dj.... I appreciate it!:thmbup::clap:
Northern, if you can find the image you used I could still use that one as well. I'm planning on doing kind of a blend of the best features of the two, plus some shading and detailing. (I don't know if I'm 'allowed' to do simple dyes anymore after my last few);)

I actually remember that I just took the Buzzz logo and cropped out everything but the bee. If my pic of the disc in good enough for you feel free to use it, although DJs would be the simpler of the two, not that you need simple...feel free to use my image.

Thanks, ND. I didn't mean to imply that either design was simple. I just meant that I'm probably 'expected' to do some kind of brushwork embellishment rather than a single color stencil...... much like I would expect any of your dyes to have an awesome marbled background.;)

Ha marbled backgrounds are my MO now I think, just like crazy paint jobs are yours! I can expect nothing less from you now DTP.

i'm looking for a world war 2 style fighter plane to dye on a pink opto striker...i got my first ace with it and have already made a font for the side...i think striker sounds like a fighter plane name...haha if anyone has a decent vector image i'd sure appreciate it!

if i did this dye, and put "not sure if disc golf is a sport" on top and "or a walk in the park" on bottom. would it sell??? or what other disc golf meme saying could i put on it???

Attachments

• futurama meme.jpg
    futurama meme.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 20
if i did this dye, and put "not sure if disc golf is a sport" on top and "or a walk in the park" on bottom. would it sell??? or what other disc golf meme saying could i put on it???

haha
618px-Trollface_HD.png

Put this on a Groove or Nuke OS and put "Great beginner disc"

i just think the fry one would sell easier. if i did a zoidberg, id have to put hermes on it saying like "stupid squid"

Future First DYES

I have been working on images for my FIRST dyes. i have come up with 2 ideas one woud be Rockstedy on a classic Roc. the second is a Soul Evans on banshee. So how hard is shading and 2 colors?

Attachments

• Rockstedy.png
    Rockstedy.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Disc Cut out2.png
    Disc Cut out2.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 21
Got another idea after Dyeing my First Disc!!! It is so much fun. but here is the idea

Attachments

• Presona idea2.png
    Presona idea2.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I hope to one day get this quoted out and dyed by one of the several amazing dyers on this site. Obviously not as detailed because of its difficulty.

B0000CG9P502LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Or get the two guys from this with like different shades of great marbling as background or something

brandnewdandg.jpg

Both are album covers of my favorite band and I would probably die if I had them on a disc.

Okay so I am wanting to dye Beedrill on a Silver Ti Buzzz and was wondering how yellow will come out on silver? I know you want to try and only dye colors that are darker than the disc but I was wondering if I left it soaking in the dye longer or used a more concentrated mix if it would make a difference. Also I think the disc might be on the lighter side of the silver Ti plastic color.

Here are some pictures of the image I will use and the disc for reference.

beedrill.jpg

IMG_20120914_104613.jpg

IMG_20120914_104630.jpg

Latest posts