• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Game on with Archon

not only that but i need one my little noodle arm can throw...not a speed 488,238,193. im hoping for a speed 7-10

Pulled from the Dynamic Discs Discription:

"The Archon is a disc similar to the Wraith with a little more high speed turn and a little less fade. It functions as a utility disc for high power throwers.

High power players will be able to throw straight hyzer flip shots, long turnover, hyzers, and long roller all with the same disc. Less powerful players will be able to use this disc as a long straight 'flyer' good in all conditions.

Speed: 11 Glide: 5 Turn: -2 Fade: 2"

I heard that the protostars and production runs would be available for general distribution later this month.

I wonder if it will open up the gates for new names that Gateway says dont exist. What about Greek gods and the associated mythology? Has anyone used Zeus or Hercules. Achilles might be appropriate for a putter.

Also, Japanese myth has some cool names. How about another driver made for noodle arms called Baku; the eater of dreams.

LOL! ACHILLES!! ALL MY PUTTERS ARE ACHILLES, AS IN ACHILLES HEAL! THERE ARE ONLY A FEW MYTHOLOGICALLY NAMED DISCS OUT THERE, LIKE VALKYRIE, AND UM....YA VALKYRIE!!

Ok. Well I have a Star Xcal, Destroyer, and TL that I'm not using.

ARE YOU GUYS REALLY NEGOTIATING A TRADE OF A DISC THAT YOU ARE NOT SURE IF YOU WILL LIKE OR NOT.......ONCE YOU GET IT? :hfive:

LOLOLOL, I LOVE DISC GOLF! BECAUSE YOU ARE RIGHT, WE ALL GET CAUGHT IN THE SAME LOOPS OF BUYING THE "NEXT GREATEST DISC EVER MADE" ONLY TO TRADE IT AWAY BECAUSE IT REALLY ISN'T THAT MUCH BETTER OR EVEN DIFFERENT THAN WHAT WE ALREADY HAD! SORRY RRrrAAnNtTT..

From Dave Dunipace...

vw was a code for Vulcan/Wraith hybrid until we figured out a name. Champion Archons will be in fundraising for the foreseeable future. Stars will be released by May. We may have Driver Pro Archons at some point after that in very low weights down to the 140s.

11 5 -2 2 are the flight ratings I found in these threads and DGC but what's Innova's #'s gonna be?

Played a round with this today and I really dig it. It's clearly more understable than my Flow(which I don't throw) and a little bit more stable than a Valk and handles a 5-10 mph headwind really well. I average 290-325' for distance and release it with a slight hyzer; it flips flat and slightly, I mean slightly drifts right with a nice easy fade at the end. Overall, I'd sum it up like a faster valk with more glide and a more reliable predictability.Also, it's an easy disc for noodle arms like me.
beer-1.gif

I'm loving mine. Love watching 400' straight shot finish with minimal fade. This is a birdie machine.

Prediction: Distance record will be broken with this disc.

This is my new favorite distance driver. I find it funny when people rip on new discs for no apparent reason. This thing crushes. I have almost gotten deuces on a couple holes finally that are around 425 ft. It was also fun throwing it in a headwind with some hyzer yesterday and watching it do a nice s curve and still finish nicely, well my friends are laughing. (They stopped laughing after that). They threw a force and it turned right over, well mine just kept on cruising. Loved seeing the look on his face after that.

Latest posts