• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Discs AMA

I wouldnt mind spirits, illusions, or samurais in those plastics either.

I'm sure all would be great. I just don't know if it is a good investment as "baseline" high speed drivers aren't always good sellers.

I personally have had good luck with baseline drivers. Granted the two baseline plastics Ive tried drivers in are only DX and Sure Grip. I have sure grip spirits that still fly great and I have a couple sure grip illusions that roll for days. They have their place in my bag. Just personal preference.

I'm not suggesting that baseline high speed drivers don't work. Just that they may not be a best seller. Most experienced DGers want premium plastic for their drivers so they aren't warped after a few tree hits. A smaller company like Gateway only wants to make runs that will sell, otherwise they are left with stock on the shelves, money wasted.

I personally have had good luck with baseline drivers. Granted the two baseline plastics Ive tried drivers in are only DX and Sure Grip. I have sure grip spirits that still fly great and I have a couple sure grip illusions that roll for days. They have their place in my bag. Just personal preference.

Sure grip Illusion is an excellent baseline high speed driver. Due to the Illusions profile it wears slowly. Best long distance roller in the game.

I'm not suggesting that baseline high speed drivers don't work. Just that they may not be a best seller. Most experienced DGers want premium plastic for their drivers so they aren't warped after a few tree hits. A smaller company like Gateway only wants to make runs that will sell, otherwise they are left with stock on the shelves, money wasted.

I get what your saying. I misunderstood before.

You would be very surprised how many dx 13 speed drivers innova sells.. ape boss katana in out sell the star and champ models. Based off my experience

You would be very surprised how many dx 13 speed drivers innova sells.. ape boss katana in out sell the star and champ models. Based off my experience

That's Innova, they have the luxury of being in thousands of stores and preys on the chuckers. I love baseline plastics and my bag is all baseline except for my utility discs.

That's Innova, they have the luxury of being in thousands of stores and preys on the chuckers. I love baseline plastics and my bag is all baseline except for my utility discs.

True. I dont know if gateway has the same customer base or not. Certainly not here in charlotte nc. Gateway has nearly no representation around here, only one store i know of carries there products. Its sad

Went to Gateway today. Everyone was super nice. Probably could have stayed and looked forever. Only got one for myself, which I'm surprised I showed so much restraint. Makes me regret not throwing Wizards, there were some super sexy ones.

What can you tell us about the new Gateway drivers?

Siren is better than Slayer and Samurai. Workable distance driver that reminds me of a Pro Destroyer. Some turn and some fade.

Diablo (name recycle) ID a concave winged Assassin. Slight bit more stability and a comfortable feel.

Siren is better than Slayer and Samurai. Workable distance driver that reminds me of a Pro Destroyer. Some turn and some fade.

Diablo (name recycle) ID a concave winged Assassin. Slight bit more stability and a comfortable feel.

Those sound really nice

They sound pretty tastey. Cant wait to try them out.

Yeah, they both sound really nice.
Years ago I threw a lot of Gateway but slowly got away from it except for putters. Now Gateway is working its way back into my bag.

The diablo has my attention...