• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

GLOVES?!

not sure on gloves that a good to actually wear while throwing but here's a tip that may help: Last time I went out in the cold to play I layered up under a hoodie. Im RH so my left hand had a glove on at all times and when not throwing i would slide my right hand into the hoodie pouch where I had a hand warmer packet. My RH was glove less for the entire round yet stayed warm and ready to toss.

PDGA Rule 802.04 Artificial Devices
A. During a round, a player shall not use any artificial device that may assist in making a throw, except those devices that reduce or control abrasion to the skin (such as gloves, tape, bandages, gauze, etc.) and medical items (such as knee and ankle braces, etc.). Items used to prevent slipping on the teeing surface are also allowed. A player is specifically prohibited from using any artificial device that changes the position of the disc in the player's hand or artificially lengthens any of the player's throwing levers (fingers, wrist, arm, shoulder, etc.).

I've been using one of these on my throwing hand the last few days in the zero degree weather:
http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/search/results/pid1006610-ColdGear-Liner-Glove/1006610-002

UA also has these options which I've looked at:
http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/search/results/pid1006611-UA-Fleece-Glove/1006611-001
http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/...006605-Men-s-Armour-Stretch-Glove/1006605-001

ERic

not sure on gloves that a good to actually wear while throwing but here's a tip that may help: Last time I went out in the cold to play I layered up under a hoodie. Im RH so my left hand had a glove on at all times and when not throwing i would slide my right hand into the hoodie pouch where I had a hand warmer packet. My RH was glove less for the entire round yet stayed warm and ready to toss.

i did this exact same thing when it was 25 degrees except i had gloves without fingertips on and it didnt effect my throw at all.

A hoodie or jacket pocket, or a muff (like NFL QB's use), or a mitten with a hand warmer in it is the key thing. In extreme cold, like around zero, I sometime throw with a glove on, and I use very cheap "fits either hand" knit gloves without seams, and with latex dots. But even then that hand immediately goes back in next to a hand warmer.

Try the Glommet from Columbia Sportswear. Fingerless gloves with mitten cover. Mitten cover clips to back for use as fingerless glove. Altrec has them on sale for about $22.

Try the Glommet from Columbia Sportswear. Fingerless gloves with mitten cover. Mitten cover clips to back for use as fingerless glove. Altrec has them on sale for about $22.

I use these, and really like them. Mittens for walking, fingerless for throwing. It's still not the same as throwing with a bare hand, but it's close, and I don't believe it violates any rules.

I was going to say the same thing. I've got a pair of fingerless glove/mittens with an REI label on them; not sure who actually manufactured them.

I use cheap no slip gloves from walmart...they are $8 dark gray and have a rubbery palm and fingers on them. I only wear it for the really cold days, and don't play tournaments in them...so the legality of this doesn't matter to me. I wear this on my throwing hand and a big bulky warm winter glove on the other.

i dont know whether it was the glove or not but i think this guy just sucked. i was at this course i hadn't played before and this guy has a really nice looking bag and discs and he was wearing a glove and i thought he was all professional or something but he couldnt throw to save his life. i could out throw him left-handed and i hadn't tried left handed before

I like the under armor fleece gloves that have little stickies on the palm and fingers. I think they are meant for wide receivers, but I get a nice grip on the disc. I have a hard time throwing a few a my discs with shallow rims like the flick. Other than that I love em in cold weather. 35 degrees or below is when I wear em.

i dont know whether it was the glove or not but i think this guy just sucked. i was at this course i hadn't played before and this guy has a really nice looking bag and discs and he was wearing a glove and i thought he was all professional or something but he couldnt throw to save his life. i could out throw him left-handed and i hadn't tried left handed before

Hell, you can buy your way into any sport. LOL Have you been to a ball golf course before and seen some of those guys play with their $3000 equipment? :D

I like the Under Armour receiver type gloves for below freezing temps.

Honestly I've yet to find a glove that worked. I played 2 rounds in the snow this weekend and I had had a glove on my non throwing hand but found I couldn't throw with one on so I eventually just took the gloves off and kept my hands warm in a pocket. Having hand warmers in a jacket pocket would be pretty clutch

I never wear gloves for discing. I always put pocket warmers in my pocket and keep my hand there until I am ready to throw. Throw the disc and put my hand back in. That way I can throw normally, with a glove it interferes with the grip.

I use my little QB hand warmer with the pocket warmers inside when it gets really burrr.

I never wear gloves for discing. I always put pocket warmers in my pocket and keep my hand there until I am ready to throw. Throw the disc and put my hand back in. That way I can throw normally, with a glove it interferes with the grip.

That's what I like - although it seems these work better when they are fresh. I just used a pair that had been sitting on a shelf for about a year, took quite a while to warm up and never really got that warm.

i wear mechanics gloves, they keep the wind chill down but still provide a good grip, only on drives i really need to inihilate do i take the gloves off otherwise they work great...