• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Going to Ocala, FL - Tampa area or Orlando area?

Wally

Par Member
I am going to be in Ocala soon for a week for a wedding. I know I am gonna knock out the two 24 hole courses that are right in Ocala... but that is not enough! Unfortunately I cannot likely do both a Tampa day trip AND Orlando day trip so I must pick one.

Please post what courses I should play (3-4) in my day trip either to Tampa Bay area or Orlando area. I am also planning on going up to Gainesville on morning to play that one public course. Some more info or suggestions are always welcomed.

If you go Tampa way I would suggest Edward Medard, Cliff Stephens/Coachman, and Taylor Lake. Also most DG tourists like to stop by the Clearwater Disc Golf Store, which is very close to Cliff Stephens/Coachman.

You gotta play T-2 in Orlando and while there you may as well play the original Turkey Lake. Also, both courses at Barnett Park.

if you're driving down, you really don't want to miss the magnolia. it's only 15 minutes off I-75 in northern fla.

In Orlando, you can cover 6 courses in 3 stops although tough to play all 6 courses in one day.

Bill Frederick Park @ Turkey Lake - 2 gorgeous courses

Barnett Park - another 2 solid courses 15 mins from Turkey Lake

Rock Springs Ridge in Apopka, FL - 2 new pay to play courses set on a former ball golf course. 1 course (executive) is rather easy and geared toward beginners while the other course (championship) is much longer and challenging and utilizes a lot of elevation changes. Golf cart rental available.

I would recommend them in that order.