• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Golf is dead.

More than 1 design of anything...
The fact that there are products is secondary to our desire to spread a message about the future of Disc Golf.

We think it's the new golf. The best golf. And we'd like to see disc golf make a bold statement for once. We all recognize the garish billboard logos players love to wear... we notice them on the street and in the crowds on TV, while the existence of disc golf is lost on everyone but disc golfers. Disc Golf needs to get louder if we want people to know we're here. Skate or Die didn't kill people; Rock is Dead didn't kill rock; non-voting didn't kill anyone. It's about a bold statement. One that's not encoded with dgflyz lingo. Nobody has to get on board, but we're saying it loud because we feel it.

So in regards to products. Currently 1 stamp on a handful of models across price range. 3 unique tee-shirt designs. A few smaller items like 2 stickers, 2 cut vinyl stickers, button, Zing mini, and bottle opener. They're all listed on Facebook.

Don't worry, we're overflowing with ideas for Golf is Dead. This is only what we felt a solid launch should entail, and more ways to get our message out will follow.

Do some light reading on our Facebook page to learn more on how we feel about the relationship between disc golf and traditional golf, and where disc golf is headed.

I think most dg.companies have terrible names. Someone else brought up skate and bike companies. They have names like under ground production, empire, volcom, play, jinx. DG is on par with the stupid affliction and tap out in terms of naming. It seems like all dg shirts have a basket or the word disc, you don't see that on ska
teboard shirts.

check out,

SKYLINE

The fact that there are products is secondary to our desire to spread a message about the future of Disc Golf.

We think it's the new golf. The best golf. And we'd like to see disc golf make a bold statement for once. We all recognize the garish billboard logos players love to wear... we notice them on the street and in the crowds on TV, while the existence of disc golf is lost on everyone but disc golfers. Disc Golf needs to get louder if we want people to know we're here. Skate or Die didn't kill people; Rock is Dead didn't kill rock; non-voting didn't kill anyone. It's about a bold statement. One that's not encoded with dgflyz lingo. Nobody has to get on board, but we're saying it loud because we feel it.

So in regards to products. Currently 1 stamp on a handful of models across price range. 3 unique tee-shirt designs. A few smaller items like 2 stickers, 2 cut vinyl stickers, button, Zing mini, and bottle opener. They're all listed on Facebook.

Don't worry, we're overflowing with ideas for Golf is Dead. This is only what we felt a solid launch should entail, and more ways to get our message out will follow.

Do some light reading on our Facebook page to learn more on how we feel about the relationship between disc golf and traditional golf, and where disc golf is headed.

Kudos to you . . . I have the same mentality and that is why I am starting a disc golf business as we speak!

Good luck!

I'm not saying what you're doing is bad, I'm just saying you could have came out with a couple more designs for apparel. I love the discs and might get one of the Anodes. I love when there are new DG companies and hope you guys do well. I guess I was just expecting too much from all the secrecy.

Kudos to you . . . I have the same mentality and that is why I am starting a disc golf business as we speak!

Good luck!
Thanks. And we appreciate the interest that's been shown in this thread. Obviously we didn't take the soft approach, asking for input on our idea and making sure every disc golf forum commentor was on board. We're moving ahead and we thank everyone for being a part of the discussion.

I'm sure the shirt design would P O my ball golfing friends. That alone might be worth the purchase price.

I'm sorry, but the idea of thinking a long term marketing strategy being based on the downplaying of a competitor being a sound idea is just silly. In some wild future, if everything fell into place as desired and golf was "dead", what would be the slogan then? Then again, ads doing nothing but putting someone else down works in politics.

I'm sorry, but the idea of thinking a long term marketing strategy being based on the downplaying of a competitor being a sound idea is just silly. In some wild future, if everything fell into place as desired and golf was "dead", what would be the slogan then? Then again, ads doing nothing but putting someone else down works in politics.

Couldn't have said it better.
Its almost like campaigning against soccer because somebody enjoys ultimate more.

Those are ultimately two ENTIRELY different demographics.

Disc golf in general is younger kids, golf is older guys.
Disc golf is generally for lower income people, golf for higher.

Golf has also been around for hundreds of years, DG only for 40. I think the two sports can easily live together peacefully.

i agree that disc golf and ball golf go after two completely different demographics, but i don't think that was originally the case. i would imagine way back in the day in scotland that the old rich white dudes looked down at those eager to pick up golf. at some point the public image of golf changed to that of high status. like it or not, disc golf is heading in that direction. it won't happen overnight, but in the information age anybody can post a disc golf video on youtube and generate hits or start printing shirts and selling them online. i love the fact that in the past 5 years disc golf start ups are everywhere...it shows that there are others out there who love to play as much as the rest of us. realistically though, somebody is seeing the potential for profit out there...that's why EVERYBODY is in business...innova, latitude, mvp, any of the online retailers, all of the apparel makers, etc. they all want their cut of the money (albeit small at this point except for a select few). it's just a matter of time before companies like nike jump in and turn disc golf into what ball golf is today. they could do it any point they wish, they just don't see the profit payoff for their resource investment at this point. isn't that the general trend in this country? let the small guy do the grunt work and the big guy will jump in and crush him when it's convenient?

Those are ultimately two ENTIRELY different demographics.

Disc golf in general is younger kids, golf is older guys.
Disc golf is generally for lower income people, golf for higher.

Golf has also been around for hundreds of years, DG only for 40. I think the two sports can easily live together peacefully.

I think you vastly underestimate the older age group that is equally driving the sport. The folks with extra income are the ones spending large amounts of money for the best gear and instructions.

i think this company sucks..you should of talked to disc golfers before starting something like this. Ken Climo started playing disc golf because of ball golf...and he still plays!

I'm not gonna be buying any tee-shirts just yet. I get my tees at Walgreens. Hanes Heavy weights, 3 for $10.00. White. Wash'em with a touch of bleach and hang em in the sun to dry. I don't fold them, they are hung on hangers and when I put one on.....everyday for thirty years....they feel a bit crispy and have not a single wrinkle. Been buying them there for so long I remember when they were 5 for ten bucks. Maybe 6 for ten, but my memeory is getting shaky....

I'm not really a fellow you can market at.
I do seem to remember though, this guy selling shoes out of the back of his car way back when.....1975-76. Selling shoes out of the back of his car. lol. What a loser.

He called his shoe company ...Nike.

I hate to be a negative Nancy here. Especially for a new company that has bought some space on this site but, I won't be buying any of their products. I wouldn't feel comfortable walking around in a shirt with that logo. I still enjoy ball golf as well as disc golf. I end up playing a lot more disc golf because of the convienience (no tee times and much quicker). Ball golf is never going away. There are so many young players on the courses replacing the old ones. I don't understand the competition between ball and disc golf in some peoples mind. It is what it is. What's the big deal about disc golf taking over ball golf? I'm actually not sure if I like the growth of disc golf all that much anyway. Years ago it seemed like the only people playing were old hippies or a younger more respectful group of people. Anyone on the course was a potential friend. Everyone cleaned up their own trash and kept everything on the course nice and neat. Most of the newer, younger players are truely D bags. I've seen them throwing beer cans under baskets, jumping up and breaking limbs off of trees, and just being disrespectful of their surroundings in general. If they find your disc you are not getting it back. Ball golf courses have the staff to mow and clean trash. Most disc golf courses do not. It just makes it harder for everyone that cares to take care of something that a growing number of people do not. Just my 2 cents (sorry for the slight derail there. It just all corrolates in my mind)

I hate to be a negative Nancy here. Especially for a new company that has bought some space on this site but, I won't be buying any of their products. I wouldn't feel comfortable walking around in a shirt with that logo. I still enjoy ball golf as well as disc golf. I end up playing a lot more disc golf because of the convienience (no tee times and much quicker). Ball golf is never going away. There are so many young players on the courses replacing the old ones. I don't understand the competition between ball and disc golf in some peoples mind. It is what it is. What's the big deal about disc golf taking over ball golf? I'm actually not sure if I like the growth of disc golf all that much anyway. Years ago it seemed like the only people playing were old hippies or a younger more respectful group of people. Anyone on the course was a potential friend. Everyone cleaned up their own trash and kept everything on the course nice and neat. Most of the newer, younger players are truely D bags. I've seen them throwing beer cans under baskets, jumping up and breaking limbs off of trees, and just being disrespectful of their surroundings in general. If they find your disc you are not getting it back. Ball golf courses have the staff to mow and clean trash. Most disc golf courses do not. It just makes it harder for everyone that cares to take care of something that a growing number of people do not. Just my 2 cents (sorry for the slight derail there. It just all corrolates in my mind)

Gotta disagree with the "most new players are dbags" statement there. It may apply in Ohio, but over here in NH and Maine, I regularly see younger players being respectful, picking up after themselves (and others), and positively promoting the sport. Most vandals and hooligans turn out to be younger people because, well, younger people are more prone to hooliganism, but the overwhelming majority of younger players are good people whose only problem may be ignorance of etiquette, which comes down to being an issue of having no oldtimers and veterans that will teach them.

your logo is quite unoriginal and you're slamming another sport to make another one look better.... Uber classy

ITT: people taking the term "Disc Golf is Dead" and their write up WAY to seriously.

Nice logo and nice write up. I would love to have that logo on something.

Latest posts