• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gradient tool

MOON

Eagle Member
I've had this in my pocket for to long guess it's time to share . This gradient tool rocks but need constant supervision and I always run a test or two first. The mix was something like three packets of rit to 8 two liters bottles of H2o, I suppose that would be 16 liters. Your mix would depend on the bucket you use and how much it holds. good luck!

Attachments

• r 007.jpg
    r 007.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 979
  • r 008.jpg
    r 008.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 758
  • r 009.jpg
    r 009.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 691
I'm guessing that it drips dye into the bottom bucket and you start with a richer color that gradually changes to a paler color.

I'm only guessing. This could really be the work of a madman.

dougs disc 003.jpg

dougs disc 006.jpg

IMG_6797.jpgAn image gradient is a directional change in the intensity or color in an image. Pretty simple really you just put the disc in the top bucket full of dye and let it run out. This will leave your disc dyed darker on one side. Here are some examples of it use.

As simple as that may look, the idea and design are excellent! I commend you(again)Moon for your above-and-beyond mentality. I always thought this was airbrushing on the satelite disc! ((Bows humbly))

looks famn dancy.

im a little retarded and still dont quite understand how it works. could you elaborate on your technique a bit more?

The satellite dish is awesome. You've got a few elements going on.

attachment.php

some pics would be great. I would love to see how fast it flows. and how you get it so damn even in the gradient.

Pretty damn cool idea and if I'm thinking correctly the disc sits in the bucket vertical so when the dye starts draining out the bottom edge is in the dye the longest. So when he's all done the bottom edge will have a dark gradient then the top edge.

Very clever, with amazing results.

Ok so here goes first I make one full bucket of h20 to two packets of rit. Then heat to 120 degrees. Meanwhile I made a hanger out of a clothes hanger and placed it in the bucket

Attachments

• graent 009.jpg
    graent 009.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 543
  • graent 010.jpg
    graent 010.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 492

Latest posts