• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gradient tool

graent 013.jpg

graent 016.jpg

graent 019.jpgThe hanger needs to hold the disc above the drain level and in place so that when you fill the bucket up with dye it doesn't roll all over the place. Than I fill the bucket up with dye.

Could you achieve the same effect by hanging the disc off the rim of the bucket with an S-hook?

Once the bucket is full I sit back and let the dye run ,adjusting the valve as I go changing the flow will slow or speed up the descent of the dye level

Attachments

• graent 025.jpg
    graent 025.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 338
  • graent 027.jpg
    graent 027.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 342
  • graent 028.jpg
    graent 028.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 322
Sometimes I have to repeat the process over depending on how strong the dye is or until the desired effect is achieved

Attachments

• graent 029.jpg
    graent 029.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 423
  • graent 030.jpg
    graent 030.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 363
thanks for the tips moon. It's always nice when people actually share their methods and help other dyers instead of hording secrets like we aren't a niche group in a niche sport... Very cool of you. :thmbup:

Thats awesome Moon! Way to improvise and find a purpose for kitty litter containers! :) Great effect achieved as well!

Your idea also got me thinking.
First thing I gotta do is build me one of these.
The effect up and down the disc is sweet, but I was also thinking you could use this rig to do the same effect from the center of the disc to the rim and vice versa.
If you used a stand in the center of the bucket and put a weight on the bottom flight plate to hold the disc steady. You could either add or subtract from either bucket to get a fade from either the rim or the center. It seems in theory that it would work.
Dont mean to ramble checking out your rig and the pics got the gears turning!

Thats awesome Moon! Way to improvise and find a purpose for kitty litter containers! :) Great effect achieved as well!

Your idea also got me thinking.
First thing I gotta do is build me one of these.
The effect up and down the disc is sweet, but I was also thinking you could use this rig to do the same effect from the center of the disc to the rim and vice versa.
If you used a stand in the center of the bucket and put a weight on the bottom flight plate to hold the disc steady. You could either add or subtract from either bucket to get a fade from either the rim or the center. It seems in theory that it would work.
Dont mean to ramble checking out your rig and the pics got the gears turning!
That might work, you know what else you could try is adding a rotisserie from a BBQ to it some how. That should give a radial gradient.

were is the final on this one.
picture.php

i think hes asking if you use this process before or after the main subject is dyed onto the disc.

It looks to me that he dyed the black on, then did the gradient, then masked and cut out for the blue.

That is a piece of art. well done.