• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Great 8 - Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill

KenanFlagler01

Par Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I was out on Cedar Hills in Raleigh, disc golfing with my three sons, when a team of Great 8 participants played through. I was bummed that I missed it! I've been wanting to play it since I moved to Raleigh 5 years ago.

Anyway, I'm already looking forward to playing my first Great 8 next year. Did anyone on the board play it this year? How was it? Which 8 courses was it in '15 and will there be any changes in '16? When did you start/finish?

If I were TD, I'd choose these 8...

Zebulon
Cedar Hills
Kentwood
Buckhorn
Apex
UNC
Cornwallis
Valley Springs

If there isn't a rule that Durham has to be included, I'd swap Cornwallis and Valley for Middle Creek and Jones. I think Jones might've been a course this year. If the limit is 5 Wake County courses, I'd swap Jones for Apex.

Can't wait for Great 8 2016!

You sir are a gluten for punishment :D

Jay Pontier ran the event this year and from what I heard it was great fun. you should def. get in next year!!!

But from my perspective, 8 courses, 1 day, NC in the summer...NO THANKS, haha. Hats off to anyone who can even finish an undertaking like that

What are you talking about, North Carolina in July is a breeze? Haha

Latest posts