• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Green Mountain Championships

I played Snugglers Notch a few months ago and rated it 4.5 stars, it was GREAT! With DG and a hard to find beer run (Heady Topper found) it was one of my best road trips ever. I look forward to Nate's UNDERSTABLE beer being brought back for me. I'd like to make the 6.5 hour trip every year if I could.

Is it stroke & Distance this year?

I don't know, but I noticed that they have MA2 (Intermediate) on the PDGA live scoring and that division is carding HUGE numbers from the white tees. Makes me wish I was there, but no, I've got to work this weekend. Next year for sure I'm making the drive up.

I don't know, but I noticed that they have MA2 (Intermediate) on the PDGA live scoring and that division is carding HUGE numbers from the white tees. Makes me wish I was there, but no, I've got to work this weekend. Next year for sure I'm making the drive up.

Wow, those are some brutal scores, especially from white tees. I'm surprised MA2 is playing from there as, in my experience at every VT tournament I've been to, MA2 traditionally plays blue. It is worth noting that the pars on the live scoring are all 3, which is hilariously wrong, and that it's kinda windy out there in a very open course. Looks like 10+MPH, which is a lot for VT golfers

Is it stroke & Distance this year?

I don't believe so, but i'm not sure. I asked a friend who is playing in MA2 and he said the player's email didn't say anything about that. Plus, last year they didn't play it like that as Simon carded a circle 3

Last edited:
Well I guess I'm the only one who wants to see some footage out their in beautiful VE.

Don't wait up on the "official" event coverage, if memory serves me correctly it takes them forever to get those videos out. The final 9 of last year's tournament was only posted in March of this year. Hopefully the disc golf guy will have his coverage up soon.

Can't wait to see footage of Rick's best round!

Best tournament I've ever played in. This past weekend was one of the greatest weekends I've had in a long time. Both courses were incredible and the ambiance was surreal.

I went ob 15 out of 18 holes last round LOL! Great tournament at a great venue. Extremely proud to be a Vermont Disc Golfer!

Fox run was definitely brutal in the wind. I agree with the above sentiments though, absolutely amazing weekend of Disc Golf. Staying in the village was like being at a sort of Disc golf Mecca or Woodstock. Examples

Discs flying everywhere, I saw people throwing between buildings from third floor balcony to third floor balcony. Watching bands at the night events dancing with the best players in the world. Basically walking around anywhere in the village you could strike up a conversation with anyone you saw about their division and disc golf. Never seen so many beards and baseball caps in my life.....

What an unreal experience. I had an early tee time on sunday so I got to watch a lot of great golf. I wish my phone hadnt died but this was the best footage i got all weekend.

Been their. Winter time. The green mtns of Vermont. So nice. Just wanted to kiss the sky it looked so nice.

Some super freak hips playing with the pros. First round? I imagine when everyone gets mixed up.

Nice to see some long holes. I thought this was like all woods type courses. Good to see the bomber hole- with a magnificent backdrop that is amazingly a moment in time their in the valley looking at green mountains, big blue sky from canada. A gulp of fresh air I can almost taste it.

Pretty sure that the tall "freak hip" is Dario Re ... Finished 2nd in Junior <= 19 in 2004 at PDGA Worlds ... very solid player

The fiddlehead was bomb. Tourney was bomb. Got into MPO off the waiting list and took last cash by one stroke. That felt nice. Def want my revenge on both courses. Due to my own bad planning my arm was sore going into the tourney and this tourney taught me a ton about playing 30,000 feet of golf in 3 days. M thrilled this is less than 3hrs from me. Uli called I his fav of the year. Props to the TD, Ricky for shredding and the 7 mainers that cashed.

Where's the final nine coverage? These guys (smugglers notch) really know how to drag their feet. Appears they have all copyright stuff as well.

Latest posts