• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ new bag designs: AX4, BX2, CS2

doth_savek

Par Member
TLDR: All three bags have new back padding and new style backpack straps.
All three different(bigger?) zipper on putter pocket.
AX4 has new curved zipper design on putter pocket.
New lumbar storage pocket on all three bags.
New style drink holders on AX4
New umbrella holder on AX4

AX4 @ $239
https://grip-eq.com/product/ax4/?color=smoke
NEW Big #10 YKK® Single Zipper 3 Disc Quick Pull© Top Pocket
NEW Top Zip Lumbar Storage Pocket
NEW Stable Slip Sleeve© secures full size Umbrella or tri-pod Stool
NEW Soft Collar© Ergo shaped Shoulder Straps with adjustable Sternum Strap
NEW High Density EVA Padding for added Shoulder and Back Comfort
NEW Dual Deeper large diameter Insulated Bottle Pockets
NEW XL Rain fly (sold separately $18) https://grip-eq.com/product/xl-series-rain-cover/?color=coal
NEW Smoke/Grass color
Sand color back in stock

BX2 @ $209
https://grip-eq.com/product/bx2/?color=sand
NEW Big #10 YKK® Zipper 2 Disc Quick Pull© Top Pocket
NEW Dual Deeper large diameter Insulated Bottle Pockets
NEW Smoke/Grass color
Sand color in stock
Rain fly sold separately

CS2 @ $179
https://grip-eq.com/product/cs2/?color=smokegrass
NEW Big #10 YKK® Zipper 2 Disc Quick Pull© Top Pocket
NEW Dual Use Zippered Side Storage and Stretch Bottle Pockets
NEW Smoke/Grass color
Sand color in stock
Rain fly sold separately

I just ordered an AX4 and will do a full review on it after some use.

Let´s hope that putter pocket flap is better than the old one. . really hated that old dubble zipper putter pocket flap. . .
It looks high from the bottom to the underside of the discstorage. . i would like to see the zipper go a few mm lower and make the opening to the storage area larger

I like the G series type pockets on the new C, the old C and B was to similar both in size and price. . now the C sticks out a bit more

Is there a way to attach the bottom part of the shoulder Straps to the back of the bags? looks like it in the pictures. . .if so thats great, hate to have the traps in the mud

Is there a way to attach the bottom part of the shoulder Straps to the back of the bags? looks like it in the pictures. . .if so thats great, hate to have the traps in the mud

Could be but I doubt it. My guess is that the new design of the straps is keeping them a bit more rigid and wanting to stay on an arc like that. Idk, mine should ship Monday so we will find out soon.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the smaller side pockets on the CS2. I picked up the old version earlier this month, and I don't think I'd want them any smaller.

If there's one thing I don't like, it's the pencil pockets. I would like at least one of them deep enough to fit a Sharpie, but that's a no-go.

No, just fondling that link upstream with my eyeballs. Seems like a nice bag and a good size.

I do agree that the CS2 looks like a good size in the redesign, I also feel the bag is simplified and appears to use less materials from the CS model. I wish the CS2 came with a little more economical price tag for being less bag. I'm sure they will all be on sale soon anyways though.

I do agree that the CS2 looks like a good size in the redesign, I also feel the bag is simplified and appears to use less materials from the CS model. I wish the CS2 came with a little more economical price tag for being less bag. I'm sure they will all be on sale soon anyways though.

You won't be able to hyzer a dead cat without hitting a used one for sale within a year.

I do now! Thanks...I've always bought the larger black ones for writing on metal, and then just threw one in my bag.

I have to use the Extreame ones as the regular sharpies the quality more with black and blue tended to go down when they stopped saying they were made by Sanford. The Extreme is like those older Sanford Sharpie or the other common brand Bic That makes a Permanent Marker set as well. The thing is I want the Sharpie to last on the disc I am throwing and New of the Royal Blue and Black regular colors do not last even close to what they use to. Red in the regular lasts fine like the old Sanford as does orange lats fine like old Sanford version as do a few other colors but Royal Blue, Black and Purple, The Dark colors do not last like they used to.

Last edited:
Yeah I am curious as well on the AX4. Would love to see a video showing everything. Pictures only show so much (on their website) I WISH there was a built-in seat though - that's one thing I am looking for in a bag, and the RIDGE ROLLER and GORILLA BOY are the only 2 I know of. Not sure I love those bags tho. GB would be my choice but idk if I'd like how the disc storage works. I wish I could rent these bags for a few days each to make a decision.

Only a few days left...and I'm going to get that Doth review in need on the AX4. Might pull the trigger, depending on the feedback.