• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ new bag designs: AX4, BX2, CS2

Anyone notice the grass colored ax4 top is made of a different type of material than the other colors?

Really like your stile of review :)

Looks like a few steps forward and a few steps back vs the AX15

That front pocket on the AX15 is the thing i miss the most on the Octothorpe. . so odd that they changed that pocket
The "double zipper flap" on the AX15 was really frustrating, but the new design on the AX4 don´t really look that great either

Doth...

The one thing I don't think you mentioned in the video, was whether you feel this bag is a value at $230?

What's your thoughts on the quality and features of the bag at this price point?

Doth...

The one thing I don't think you mentioned in the video, was whether you feel this bag is a value at $230?

What's your thoughts on the quality and features of the bag at this price point?

For the bag and rain fly I paid $257.
I think it is an excellent value at this price.
There are not many bags right at this price point to compare against, and only 2 that I have owned and tested. Those 2 being the Gorilla Boy Simian and the Pound Carlton.
So if we are talking value compared to bags at the same price point then I think the Grip AX4 is the best value of these 3.
The Carlton is more comfortable on the back, the Simian is an amazing comfortable seat, the AX4 is the best overall layout and design for good usable item storage and simple straightforward disc storage.
The Simian and Carlton a very unique in their design and they will have a well deserved following because of this uniqueness. The AX4 is a workhorse that does it all(not a great seat) and is now more comfortable than before.
The grip bags remain the easiest to recommend to the average player.
If they go on sale and get closer to $200 then its an insane value.

What bag is better in almost every way? The Octothorpe. Its an extra $50 to $150 over the AX4 so I cant really include it in the same value comparison but the Octo is NICE!

Hope this helps

What bag is better in almost every way? The Octothorpe. Its an extra $50 to $150 over the AX4 so I cant really include it in the same value comparison but the Octo is NICE!

Hope this helps

I believe you but their website is concerning saying they only put out just handfuls at a time. I understand it's a small company.

Since I realized I'm not a cart person & need to carry more discs for tournaments I think the new BX2 is probably my best bet. Upgrading from the last generation C series.

I don't think I'd even sell the C Series because it's such a good bag beyond golf too. Putting practice days with the dog (+ dog stuff) or hiking.

I believe you but their website is concerning saying they only put out just handfuls at a time. I understand it's a small company.

Since I realized I'm not a cart person & need to carry more discs for tournaments I think the new BX2 is probably my best bet. Upgrading from the last generation C series.

I don't think I'd even sell the C Series because it's such a good bag beyond golf too. Putting practice days with the dog (+ dog stuff) or hiking.

If you are thinking of keeping the C bag so that you have the best of both worlds then I would recommend taking a serious look at the AX4. I guess that all depends how many discs you might want to carry in the future on those tournament rounds. The best thing about the BX2 size is that it can do it all, but if you already own the small end of the spectrum then maybe you want to go big so you really get the best of both worlds between those two bags. I love the C+AX combo.

Just got a sand cs2 and I really love it. The new straps are really comfy and I like the new use of the side storage/drink carrier. I can hold 12 in the main compartment 5 mids 6 drivers 1 putter and then 3 putters up top with 2 sticking out.

Sold my AX3 to pick up a BX2. I'm a bit disappointed in some of the upgrades. I can see why they changed some of the padding and definitely think a lot of people will be happy with the changes, but the straps don't feel as comfortable to me.

I'll be selling the BX2. Hasn't seen a course. If anyone is interested in grabbing one that can still be registered in your name, let me know.

Paul´s AX4 looked crowded at Worlds, will we see a McBeth line of larger Grip bags ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• AX4.jpg
    AX4.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 343
interesting that Paul said on Smashboxx that he had two bag designs in the works with Grip . . .did he mean just new "graphics" or color or two new bags ??

If Grip made a Ax4 with a built in seat I'd be sold. My back has been brutalized in the recent years from me hauling my worn backpack bag. Im not desperate, but hey, I could use a new bag - So I'm interested in if PMcB will have a special GRIP bag or something.

I got my hands on the new BX2 today and must say I'm a bit disappointed in the capacity. I took all my disc's out of my lightly used BX and tried to get them into the new BX2. I was only able to get two putters in the top pouch on the BX2 whereas on my BX I could get 3 of them in there pretty easily. The main storage area is where I was the most surprised though. When I got my BX brand new, I could easily fit 18 disc's in the main compartment without the "needed stretching". On the new BX2, I had some issues getting 16 in there. I eventually got 17...but man it was a stretch. Anybody else have this same finding?

In comparison to the Pound Carlton, both are very excellent mid-sized backpacks. They both fit roughly the same amount of discs in what I would consider being the primary disc carrying area(I don't include the haul pockets on the Carlton). I was able to get 19 into the BX2 and 18 into the Carlton. I was surprised that the BX2 scaled lighter than the Carlton when empty. The BX2, according to my scale, came in at 3.3 pounds. The Carlton came in at 3.41 pounds. So as you can see...darn near identical in weight. Honestly...I don't think you can go wrong with either of these bags.

I just picked up the CS2 and I can barely fit 10 discs in the main. It's seems like the plastic side panels are a little overzealous and squashing the main. I think the bag would stand up just as well without them bowing in so much. I'll try to tweak them but it seems like a qc issue are first glance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up the CS2 and I can barely fit 10 discs in the main. It's seems like the plastic side panels are a little overzealous and squashing the main. I think the bag would stand up just as well without them bowing in so much. I'll try to tweak them but it seems like a qc issue are first glance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up my CS just before the switch to the CS2 came out. The side panels in my main compartment also angle in quite a bit, but I can get the full advertised amount of 14 in the main. If you can only get 10, I'd contact them about it.

I picked up my CS just before the switch to the CS2 came out. The side panels in my main compartment also angle in quite a bit, but I can get the full advertised amount of 14 in the main. If you can only get 10, I'd contact them about it.

I'd ask how many mids vs drivers he's putting in first, but that's just me. One Nova in the bag and there goes like 4 drivers.

I'd ask how many mids vs drivers he's putting in first, but that's just me. One Nova in the bag and there goes like 4 drivers.

Good point. My main is more than half filled with mids, but nothing with much height. Maybe that's why I get the full 14.

A picture of the loaded bag in question would help.

C14/15 owner here, I normally roll with 13 in the main but after a year or so it loosened up a bit and now I can get 14 in easily. Usually (4) Mids, (4) Fairway Drivers, (5) Distance Drivers. I think DoWork brings up a good point, would like to know what is being put in there to only get 10 inside.

The plastic pieces can be removed as needed and you can bend them if they are pinching too tight. After a few years mine is the opposite, sometimes gets too loose (especially if wet/rain) so I have taken them out and bent them to a tighter angle to get that pinch back.

Those of you who have the C-series, would you recommend picking one up? What is your experience with them and how do they hold up over time? I'm looking into a smaller bag (around 10-15 capacity) for quick casual rounds and then a cart for longer tournament days. Thanks guys!

Those of you who have the C-series, would you recommend picking one up? What is your experience with them and how do they hold up over time? I'm looking into a smaller bag (around 10-15 capacity) for quick casual rounds and then a cart for longer tournament days. Thanks guys!

I have the older C14 (day time) and C15 (glow bag) and both bags are holding up incredibly well. Hard to believe I have had them for 5 and 4 years now. I get 13 easily into the main compartment and 3 putters up top (unzipped). I bought mine with the intention of never buying another bag again. Eventually got tired of swapping day/glow discs in and out and bought the second one. Back then I think I paid $129 (c14) and $119 (c15) during some special sale. Later on a snagged a rainfly for it, keep it in the car so I can use it with either bag.

Last year I snagged the Zuca/DD Backpack Cart and the C-series bags fit in there perfectly. Like this set up for long, flat courses and tournament/league days. Then I can just pull the bag out if I play a really hilly course or a quick casual round. Added the putter pouch to the cart and it opened up the putter section of my Grip bag for clothes/food/towels. I am very happy with my set-up for what its worth. :thmbup: