• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Harp - Kannel

I've done it and honestly my putting wasn't any worse. But that's not saying a whole lot.

So...anybody use this thing as a putting putter?

I used it a couple of times in a 20 mph headwind that was flipping my Wardens. Worked for that, but I wouldn't putt with it otherwise.

I use Medium Harp as a headwind putter. Regular putter is an XT Colt.

Anyone know why tournament is next to impossible to find and when you do find it... its gonna be burst?

When the wind is beating my face.

I used the BT Harp as a putter for anything longer range that needs a lil hook-up at the end. Overstable doesn't exactly = a Wind putter - infact the harp can get really squirrely on a wind put...if it lifts up it hyzers out deep and has the speed and edge to possibly roll.

Wind putters are best as slow /glideless discs - I feel just being OS isn't the only key.

But yeah I like to putt with the Harp - I really could use it primarily but I choose not to.

Last edited:
I had too many spit-outs when I tried using my BT Hard Harp as a putter. Especially from circle's edge where I have to give a little extra power on my putt. The baskets at the course were DisCatchers which surprised me as those baskets catch nearly everything.

I used the BT Harp as a putter for anything longer range that needs a lil hook-up at the end. Overstable doesn't exactly = a Wind putter - infact the harp can get really squirrely on a wind put...if it lifts up it hyzers out deep and has the speed and edge to possibly roll.

Wind putters are best as slow /glideless discs - I feel just being OS isn't the only key.

But yeah I like to putt with the Harp - I really could use it primarily but I choose not to.

I don't disagree with you. My favorite headwind putter is the Gator. Some guy named "Eagle" was putting with a Gator at the GBO this past weekend. He did okay in that tournament, from what I hear. ( :clap: for the Eagle GBO win)

Anyhoo, since the Harp or AvX3 is my OS putter/approacher, that's what I use for headwind putts, and it usually works pretty well for me. YMMV, of course.

I don't disagree with you. My favorite headwind putter is the Gator. Some guy named "Eagle" was putting with a Gator at the GBO this past weekend. He did okay in that tournament, from what I hear. ( :clap: for the Eagle GBO win)

Anyhoo, since the Harp or AvX3 is my OS putter/approacher, that's what I use for headwind putts, and it usually works pretty well for me. YMMV, of course.

yeah for extremes, the Gator is really low glide and kinda a brick, with spinning directly into a headwind the OS disc will remain straighter - if push putt or loft putt the OS disc just goes WAY off - it all depends.

I've got the Harp for those shots, just depends on the wind direction and the terrain what I'll use. I'll say the RDG Scale or Element Iridium are great for those putts as they are OS but not a big HOOK OS and relatively low glide. Best Wind putter I use is the Iridium or even Serpent. that's me tho. I suck in the wind so once I used them primarily if really windy my game improved with way less roll-aways and long comebacks

There is something about the BT Hard Harp that just clicks with me. It is the perfect amount of HSS and LSS that gives me the shot confidence to park all sorts of scramble shots from deep in the rough, forehand or backhand.

Tried the Soft Harp and didn't care for it. Too overstable.

^i fee the opposite lol. Hard lose the fade i like, and soft always hook up.

Love softs and mediums.

Not so much for putting really. I consider it a mid that does not get squirrelly at low speeds, but limited in effective range. Usage as a short beffy mid, approaches, and long throw in attempts. Often for hit and stick or tree hit mitigation in greasy circumstances. Sometimes a wind putter. Forehands and Turbos (Devil Horn's grip) quite comfortably.

I prefer premiums, specifically VIPs. Baseline only has a place in my bag for inside the circle duties. It's not a good option for throwers IMO

Can anyone confirm that Elasto Harps were never made? I don't think they were, but would like to know for sure.

There is something about the BT Hard Harp that just clicks with me. It is the perfect amount of HSS and LSS that gives me the shot confidence to park all sorts of scramble shots from deep in the rough, forehand or backhand.

Tried the Soft Harp and didn't care for it. Too overstable.

^i fee the opposite lol. Hard lose the fade i like, and soft always hook up.

I prefer premiums, specifically VIPs. Baseline only has a place in my bag for inside the circle duties. It's not a good option for throwers IMO

I have Tournament Plastic (TP) and BT Hard Harps. I like the TP Harp for throwing, but it can sometimes skip a lot. The BT Hard gets nicked up and might wear in fast(er), but it doesn't skip as badly as premium plastic. Both are good, it's a matter of course needs and personal preferences.

Latest posts