• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has anybody switched back to a shoulder bag?

I carried an Octothorpe all last season and loved it, no complaints. However, if I only had time for 9 holes I would grab a handful of discs and throw them in my wifes Crunch bag. I could definitely see myself using a small shoulder bag for quick/casual rounds. The Crunch is a good size but it feels pretty cheap. After tons of research I pulled the trigger on a GB Squirrel Monkey this weekend. I'm looking forward to having a hand-made shoulder bag to test out this winter. Hopefully the Squirrel Monkey will be a nice counterpart to the Octothorpe.

The Tournament Bag from Discraft is about the same disc wise as a Crunch bag but way more durable. even the newer ones are just as durable as the old ones with same logo on front.

The Tournament Bag from Discraft is about the same disc wise as a Crunch bag but way more durable. even the newer ones are just as durable as the old ones with same logo on front.

I went with a GB Squirrel Monkey. It arrived a few days ago and it looks and feels miles ahead of the other shoulder bags I've used. I can't wait until it dries up a bit outside so I can go test it out.

I went with a GB Squirrel Monkey. It arrived a few days ago and it looks and feels miles ahead of the other shoulder bags I've used. I can't wait until it dries up a bit outside so I can go test it out.

I was meaning for wife, when the what to you said seemed like a lower quality bag is used up. The one I recommended is a similar layout can be used with Quad straps using fabric loops on the back of the bag on the newer versions. The Discraft Tournament bag fits about 18-20 discs max if not using the side pocket for extra discs. If using side pocket for discs then it can fit 23-25. I used the side pocket for storage rather then keep discs in it. Might want to add a second drink holder on it for water, if you need but the Newer versions have a bigger single drink holder.

I still use my Mojo at shorter courses where I don't need as many discs. I have the Fade weatherguard straps which are superior to the straight jacket straps IMO.

Started out with a NutSac. Then moved up through Fade Crunch, Fade Tourney, modded Cabela's bag, and a Grip.

The NutSac is the only one I still have and use. Will sometimes use an Innova Standard if I have some discs I want to audition or if I need the extra space for some reason.

I still use my Mojo at shorter courses where I don't need as many discs. I have the Fade weatherguard straps which are superior to the straight jacket straps IMO.

I have some Outcast Fishing clip on Backpack straps for my old dead Discraft Tournament bag that were used on that bag, might get another new version of the old 2007 bag as mine is dead. I use currently a Modified Vertex Angler backpack modified and for seat mostly and it has come in handy when I needed to sit at a tee pad due to city mowing the park the disc golf course is in. The other bag Discraft one has backups of discs I use currently in my bag.

I like the cheap backpack straps I got from Infinite Discs for 9.99. I put them on a Discraft tournament bag to make it easier to ride a bike with my discs. Also, if you have a full 32 oz water bottle, the shoulder bag gets a bit unstable. That said, I like the accessibility of the shoulder bag and while I sometimes clip on a Discraft weekender bag of extra rattlers I keep for practice, the tourney bag holds all the discs I actually "need" for my level of play

I started with the Innova Standard bag. Upgraded to the DD Soldier Cooler bag with Browning Toolrider tool bag straps because 12 discs was just a few less than I wanted to carry. I did not enjoy the Soldier bag with straps. Made my neck, back, and shoulders sore after 18 holes.

Then I got a good deal on a barely used Grip AX15. I still like my Grip bag. It's a little tedious picking the heavy thing up off the ground all the time, but does not put much stress on my body once it is on. It does, however, carry way more discs than I need. I carry 24 and then usually use about 15 for an average 18 hole round. My problem is that I'm tempted to carry 5 Teebirds + an Eagle-L + Glow Firebird + a Machete. So many fairway drivers. I also carry about 4 Wraiths in addition to a Teerex and a Sidewinder. I can live with less, but I don't want to.

I now leave the old Innova standard bag in the trunk and will bust it out for 9 hole rounds or courses I know I can manage with 12 discs. It's also the winter golf bag because I mostly play short tees for the season. Poor thing is falling apart after 10+ years of regular use.

Still rocking the backpack bag, but I only use one strap between holes. If I have a long walk to my first tee in a tournament, I'll use both.

Still rocking the backpack bag, but I only use one strap between holes. If I have a long walk to my first tee in a tournament, I'll use both.

I can't with my current set up but if I had a regular set up of a bag I might do that and two straps really works on courses where a long walk to a hole between holes has to happen. Some city courses and mountain courses are like this.

I use both. Spider Monkey (sometimes with quads for longer courses) is my regular bag, and it is what I use most of the time. I will usually take my Simian if I am playing multiple rounds in a day. The extra storage space and a place to sit can come in handy, especially in the summer heat. I also will take my Simian if I need to pack snacks and drinks when my kids tag along.