• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Will Schusterick peaked?

Feel he has peak in terms of World level play (memorial, worlds, usdgc and so on). Not to say he won't sneak one out once every couple of years. But as traveling player to A and B tiers, I can see him with wins for quite a while.

With how active Will is in terms of promoting the Prodigy brand, especially locally in Tennessee, I could see him moving into an Eric McCabe type role - still playing tournaments, but more focused on growing Prodigy. McCabe has a pretty nice gig - not as transient of a job and a lot more stability.

His FB page says "Part owner Prodigy Disc." It also says ranked #3 in the world, so maybe it hasn't been updated in awhile.
Will is still the #3 in the world according to the PDGA rankings...

Feel he has peak in terms of World level play (memorial, worlds, usdgc and so on). Not to say he won't sneak one out once every couple of years. But as traveling player to A and B tiers, I can see him with wins for quite a while.

He definitely could make a decent living between Prodigy and cleaning up Tennessee tourneys. Who's his only competition there, Dickerson?

all the local monthly bag tags and tourneys here in Nashville area you see Logan Bowers (Innova sponsored, huge FH and BH) consistently winning - even when Will participates.

I have a gut feeling Will can get back to form and right into the thick of contention at the highest levels. Maybe he'll be able to pick and choose like what Brinster does.

I have a gut feeling Will can get back to form and right into the thick of contention at the highest levels. Maybe he'll be able to pick and choose like what Brinster does.

I agree, but he is going to have to play in the biggest tourneys against the best, not just A-tiers in Tennessee. The (uninjured) big name pros were at the Minnesota Majestic... but not Will.

I actually just stopped watching the Prodigy filmed portion of Will's round half way through the front nine. I could not watch him play like that; it was embarrassing. He was putting worse than I do am I consider myself to be a bad putter. He has got all the skills in the world, but he has got to fix that putt if he wants to ever compete again. Will's putt a couple of times looked like Charles Barkley's ball golf swing.

Turrible.jpg

He hasn't peaked. But Pj is completely correct.

I just genuinely feel bad for the guy. I know there is all sorts of speculation as to why he has dropped off this year and maybe whatever he is doing makes him happy. But he is obviously doing something different and it has hurt his game incredibly.

Will is 9 down through 11 right now. 3rd place. Alot of golf to play, but that's pretty darn good.