• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Will Schusterick peaked?

I didn't think she'd been doing all that bad. Then I looked, and this is the lowest her rating has been since 2012.

Catrina has had some good tournaments this year. I admittedly am not a guru of the DG ratings system (chess is another matter, but I digress), but I gotta wonder if her lower rating is not at least partially due to the level of competition? :confused:

I didn't think she'd been doing all that bad. Then I looked, and this is the lowest her rating has been since 2012.

A good amount of poor rounds from last season will take some time to fall off.

She did win 4 big events in a row this year, so I'd say her rating isn't 100% reflective of how she's been playing lately.

Will Shusterick, what Happened to him?

Anyone know why Shusterick kinda dropped off the radar? I looked at his PDGA stats and it seems he is playing more B/C tiers than anything. When he does play a bigger event, he doesn't place well. He was sure the next Wonder Kid a few years back. What happened?

I think a thread about this has been started. He's talked about an injury (shoulder?) that's been bothering him. Yeah, it's been a bit of a drop-off for someone as young as he is. Not sure if he's even a top 5 Prodigy player now. This game can be fleeting. Maybe it's mental. Could snap back into it any time.

I'm pretty sure it was the fungus on his neck that started hampering his abilities.

There's an interview on Ultiworld's podcast, the UpShot, from earlier this summer where they interviewed Schusterick. He talks about surgery and strength conditioning. Good little listen, but basically, he burnt out his shoulder, and is trying to get back to USDGC x3 champ form.

Are you married? If not, that explains why you don't know the answer to your question.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I am Married. But, my Wife wasn't my Caddy/Or on tour with me, for a couple years as I toured as a Professional disc golfer, either. Seems to me she knew what she was getting into. :)

If you follow him on Instagram you can keep up on things. He posts almost daily about his life, he seems to be quite happy actually.

There's an interview on Ultiworld's podcast, the UpShot, from earlier this summer where they interviewed Schusterick. He talks about surgery and strength conditioning. Good little listen, but basically, he burnt out his shoulder, and is trying to get back to USDGC x3 champ form.

While being nowhere on the radar when it comes to skill like the pros have in this game, if he's talking about a blown out shoulder I can certainly sympathize with him. My blown shoulders took away my FH driving for over 2 years after re-injuring the right shoulder and when I need a FH shot now a days to get where I need to go, the thought is always in the back of mind of re-injuring that shoulder again so you go through a whole thing where you try to change your style a bit. Injuries like this will certainly change your game from where you were pre-injury. And shoulder injuries are very difficult to rebound from and to keep from recurring, especially where a throwing motion is involved. Just my 1 1/2 cents worth.

Last edited:

Latest posts