• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Having a few rough online buying experiences lately...

So, you insult me with the first post and double down with that kind of child like response to my well reasoned and detailed reply.
Cool story, bro.

So, you insult me with the first post and double down with that kind of child like response to my well reasoned and detailed reply.
Cool story, bro.

Sorry, I didn't include a smilie thingamajig.

No wonder you're having issues, your sense of humor seems to be missing.

As for your long and "well reasoned" post, it appears that we have had different experiences. I really don't know what to tell you. I've been supporting Mike since the bike shop days so perhaps I'm a bit biased, but everything you've posted sounds like a PIAS experience and not at all like anything I've witnessed or experienced firsthand while at the shop. So, like I said, maybe you smell funny or something. How am I supposed to know why they don't converse with you. I'm just spitballing here, taking a shot in the dark from the comfort of a cubicle. Sorry for chiming in, please resume your regular posting.

DiscGolfCenter gets my vote and the majority of my business.
- Free Shipping
- Pick Your Weight and Color
- Great Prices
- Live Inventory!
- Customer Rewards
- 20,000+ golf discs in stock!

Sorry, I didn't include a smilie thingamajig.

No wonder you're having issues, your sense of humor seems to be missing.

As for your long and "well reasoned" post, it appears that we have had different experiences. I really don't know what to tell you. I've been supporting Mike since the bike shop days so perhaps I'm a bit biased, but everything you've posted sounds like a PIAS experience and not at all like anything I've witnessed or experienced firsthand while at the shop. So, like I said, maybe you smell funny or something. How am I supposed to know why they don't converse with you. I'm just spitballing here, taking a shot in the dark from the comfort of a cubicle. Sorry for chiming in, please resume your regular posting.

I agree with Hamp, great store with a solid selection for being a seasonal sport, non online shipping store in Ohio.

If your going into that type of shop with I need X color/X low weight then that's not going to happen, they can't just carry a endless stock in hopes someone comes for that random weight/color. The Innova they carry come in pretty much all weights and colors, bottom racks carry the light weights. They carry a good amount of Vibram, MVP/Axiom, Discraft, Lat64 and Westside but finding low weights will be a challenge. Their DGA and Disc mania selection has been growing. Never had an issue and will always go.

Feel free to PM me if anyone feels they must continue the conversation about Disc Golf Mart.
I've said my bit and not interested in arguing about it.
This thread was meant to mainly be about difficult online buying.

I've been on a bit of a buying spree the past year... and live in Cbus... so a reply on-topic (online experiences) and off (DGMart)...

Online:
- Buy 70% of my discs online at Marshall Street. Great selection, great price since it's usually easy for me to get past the $50 free shipping market, and super fast shipping. The stickers/scorecard/flightchart are a nice touch - they usually go into the waste bin, but adds a friendly touch to the experience (similar to Sweetwater Music where I buy a lot of my music gear).
- When Marshall Street doesn't have what I need, I go to DiscGolfCenter. Great site, great selection. Okay prices and okay shipping speed. The storms in FL last week might have been a factor, but just received 3 discs today that I ordered last Friday. That said, they arrived very well packed and in perfect condition.
- I've ordered from GGGT in the past... years ago... but haven't this time around... I just can't get over the minus/plus weight/color when I can get exactly what I want from MS or DGC (or others).
- I need to order from Infinite at some point... love all the info on their site.

Local:
Columbus, OH - I'm with Hamp and thelorn. The guys behind the counter on Riverside have always been great to talk to, and pretty well informed. I've overheard convos they've had with total newbies walking in, and they steer them in the right direction. I spend too much time on this site, so don't expect they'll tell someone like me anything about discs that I don't already know, BUT they have shared a lot of good info on recent updates to local courses, events, and the like - and are just plain friendly to talk to. But, as thelorn said, even with the great selection of disc molds, finding lower weights can be tough. That's the only reason I don't buy all of my discs there. I prefer mids around 170, and drivers a bit lighter, and rarely find anything lower than close to max weight. When I do though - I buy it there, but that's maybe 20% of my buys.
Clearwater, FL - My dad lives near Clearwater so it's a must stop when I visit. Good service (they put up with my dad's unending questions) and of course just an amazing selection. I stocked up on Shamans last time was there.

Marshall street is king, but they don't always have what I need in stock. Lately I've been looking for some organic wizards but nobody besides marshall street states what the firmness is. Organic wizards are made in different stiffness' and I can't throw floppy putters and most dealers don't state what the firmness is. Unfortunately nobody sells og wizards nearby and that's the best plastic in my opinion.

I've become a bit of a MST fanboy in the last year, very good service and always answer questions.

GGGT with the new site, is just really hard to find what I want.

Infinite The best site by far, but they're so far away from me that shipping is very expensive. I told my buddy in Oregon about him and he gets a ton of disc there though so service is great and I know how good the selection is.

KW is this golf store is really cool, they have some neat stuff and I hope that he does really well. I've only plays one small order but I think that he could become a legit contender for online business within the next couple years if he's able to keep growing.

OP - Having a few rough online buying experiences lately…
*Solution - Try not to buy on line.
*Try to buy local, and support your local DG stores, course pro-shops, and economy.

^ this for the most part. I try to trade rather than buy, but when I buy, I prefer to buy from the Throw Shop... they have the best selection anywhere in this state and it's run by someone who knows plastic.

I finally bit the bullet and overpaid for some "cardboard boxes". :p

Purchased on the 24th. Didn't ship til today... :|

Just to further solidify my issues with Clearwater...
Ordered two Melon proxys, one from a member here shown on the left having been well packaged in a bubble mailer and cardboard backed. :thmbup:
The melon from Clearwater, on the right, showed up in a way oversized USPS box that had been awkwardly cut down to still too large a size, the disc was rubbing around inside having been packed with a single page of newspaper, and the box was so poorly taped shut that it was actually hanging open in my mailbox. :wall:
YOU HAD ONE JOB.
lol, done with them.

Last edited:
Lol! I generally bag and wrap collectors too but was trying to get the orders filled in about 30mins to drop at PO b4 cutoff. Glad to hear your slice arrived safely!

Oh, your packing was totally great... but just look at how a large online retailer ships the same single disc!
I mean, thats just ghetto as hell.

I ordered a Zephyr with an archon and it came in that box. Suprised the shoved a single disc in there, what a waste of space.

One of the last times I was in I asked about Discmania and the guy behind the counter said, "Yeah, well, people don't seem to really be too into Discmania, so we don't really carry them."
Oh... REALLY? Okay then.

I was playing Griggs and thought I'd stop by the shop. Out of curiosity, I looked at the Discmania section and low and behold, they had over 30 discs in stock. Not a huge amount, but a decent selection of putters, mids, fairways and drivers. Guess you'll have to find something else to be outraged about.

Please don't respond, because I really don't care about what you have to say in reaction to my post. I just wanted to stand up for my friends at the shop, since you seemed hellbent on slandering them. So, for anyone out there who reads this, they DO have Discmania in stock.

Jesus Christ... seriously dude, you're killing me here.
Please don't respond about your hyperbolic post in which YOU named the shop specifically and continue to bring up.
I said specifically if you wanted to keep discussing it TO PM ME.
Seems you are the one "hellbent" on making a public spectacle of this, and trying to make an issue out of nothing.
It's like you just want something to be upset about.
I can have bad experiences at a shop that you aren't privy to, and you can have an opposite experience.
Its OKAY.

My reply to you was about my PERSONAL experience and I point out I still do shop there.
AND, any criticism I have of the store is surrounding things that just need to be trained to the staff and are fixable.

They have 30 Discmania discs?
Awesome.
There was less than that last time I was there so glad they have more... you know, so I can spend money there.

Once more... if you feel the need to continue the conversation about the shop, PM me.
I don't feel the need to discuss it here, was never the intention, you brought them up and named them.
For similar reasons, and as clearly as I can now make it, I don't want to discuss them further here, either.

FFS, man, we live in the same town.
If it means that much to you I'm free for coffee anytime and you can vent at me for a solid hour.
I don't bite.

My responses wasn't for you, it was for people who might be passing through town and want to know about the local shop. Had to set the record straight and defend my hardworking friends.

Lulz. DGC is a great online store, and Ive ordered many disc from them (I'm well into the 8% discount).

But their shipping is pretty darn slow.

Super slow but great selection and wade is a good dude.

Community is also excellent

Latest posts