• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Hex Midrange (you can Hex it but don't nice me!)

Much better than the color I picked up. Only one I could find locally. Feels extremely comfortable. Wonder if it'll replace my Axis the way Vectors were replaced by Reactors?

f66uhj.jpg

Got a Hex a week or so ago and used it a few times this past weekend. I like the feel and had a throw in from about 100 feet. It flies almost dead straight with just a slight fade. I would consider it a notch or two less stable than a Buzzz for example. For now, it is in the bag to see how it behaves.

I'm gonna hafta get me one of these I guess. Reactor kicked the Buzzz out of my bag, it's just too good for FH. Flat gyro discs always feel good in the hand to me, sounds like the Hex is the same.

Tried mine out on 24 holes today and it's a real smooth flyer. Compared to a fresh Eclipse Axis the stability isn't wildly different, but it seems to get going with a bit less effort.

Tried it BH and FH on 200-320' holes and at that range thrown with a touch of hyzer there was zero turn. Good combination of glide and a touch of fade at the very end to keep the flight predictable.

Since bagging Reactors I've been looking for something with a similar rim feel and more neutral flight. Tried swapping out the Axis for the Matrix but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. The Hex seems like it will fill the role well.

Gonna be hard to see anything since it was rainy and the sun was setting, but here's two backhands I filmed with my phone:

https://streamable.com/uf9dln - 300' hole, landed pin deep but 35' left of pin because I threw too high

https://streamable.com/zikh2l - 250' it was flying nice and straight and faded right on target but bonked a tree.

Didn't get any forehand throws filmed but it handles ~250-300' of power no problem.

I may dust off my camera and film a round with the Hex, Reactor and Ohm sometime this month.

The Reactor/Hex combo feels like a good one here as well and I'd agree with the "smooth" assessment. Field work only thus far, but the Hex comes out with minimal effort.

I may dust off my camera and film a round with the Hex, Reactor and Ohm sometime this month.

Watching some of your vids a few years ago had a lot to do with putting me on the Envy. I found the Reactor and Ohm without your help. 👍

Have you ditched the Envy? Do you bag another more stable putter to compliment the Ohm? I'm still bagging an Envy but trusting the Ohm the more I throw it, even in a little wind. I'd probably ditch the Envy if I could find a slightly more stable Ohm. Love the slow glide and it handles FH better than the Envy for me.

Watching some of your vids a few years ago had a lot to do with putting me on the Envy. I found the Reactor and Ohm without your help. 👍

Have you ditched the Envy? Do you bag another more stable putter to compliment the Ohm? I'm still bagging an Envy but trusting the Ohm the more I throw it, even in a little wind. I'd probably ditch the Envy if I could find a slightly more stable Ohm. Love the slow glide and it handles FH better than the Envy for me.

I haven't bagged an Envy in a while. I've been going with the Proxy and Entropy most rounds, sometimes adding the Ohm.

Still with the proxy eh? I found the ohm to be more square finger appealing. Curious if you play it with the proxy or instead of...?

Bombed the hex tonight got one good throw FH, it was an off night otherwise, the envy beat it blind. Rest of the week it's been a blast even in light wind

love that blood moon one.

FYI I pitched my Dimir (black w blue rim) Hex into the creek's semi-lagoon on hole 9 today. I think they found a dead body or a skull there last year, closed the course for a day or two, all kinds of police tape.

Took off my shorts and shirt and hopped in my briefs. A couple dudes walked by, saw my shoes and drawers and looked around, all confused, and I'm like...'yo'. Spent about 20-30 minutes in chest to neck deep, feeling around with my feet.

A couple of times I felt an ulna or something else super creepy but nah it was just random nature stuff like slimy branches.

I'm glad it was so warm because the water in the creek was cold. When I got out I tried to putt out but it was like frostbite where my muscles just didn't respond and the putt sailed to the right.

I found it.

That must mean that I like it.

I made the best throw of my life today and it was with this disc.

Hole 17 or 18 at Bailey.

370f63d0e84080d8641d1d33e84c37f7_m_Hole_17.jpg

Probably can't see the basket but it's up the path off the tee. Tees are turf now, they are ok, but course is fantastic.

Anyways, it's 335 to the pin, and 65' of elevation gain to the top of the basket. I screw up the first shot (was supposed to be a baseball throw forehand flex, ended up as an overhand FH roller attempt that got me about 1/2 way there and well to the left.)

2d shot I need another 30' or so of elevation gain and 140' or so distance. There's a tree between me and the basket, and a 2d tree immediately after and to the right. Shot has to part the trees. Awkward lie with slippery dirt on slope.

This is the only line to the pin, and it's a steep FH flex that needs to pan out slowly--but it needs to pan out and get a ton of lateral distance as it flexes out of the anny and maybe even curls a bit into the side of the hill.

Blah blah blah, sorry, anyways I parked it. It's not a shot I've ever practiced or thought of, I know everyone gets what I'm saying, but I guess why I'm posting is because I've really been investing a lot of time into this disc and I just had this intuitive feel that it would execute that shot--and I'm trying to veto any throw that's not Teebird/Hex/Envy if at all possible.

I know there are many discs that would execute a great shot like that. I'm not saying this disc is better or worse or anything--just that my commitment to it seems to be paying dividends.

This shot really stood out, but there were about 8 throws with the Hex on the course that made me smile. I don't get the chance to throw it at my local so I was happy I got to throw it so much at Bailey.

The end.

Last edited:
sorry can't stop braggin, don't hate...but it landed 5' from pin, here's what the pin looks like

e6774f21a16a5e74a0c5731f634c6ebb_m_Hole_17.jpg

I hope this helps the story become more interesting.

I got thissun last week and threw it in the yard a bit. Put it in the bag for a round yesterday, mostly throwing some second shots with it. Decided to throw it on a tight 240' tunnel and smacked the cage, on the first "real" throw off the tee, RHFH.

Not really flippy, I'd call it stable. Definitely notice some LSS with my BH. Lazer straight FH with some power and a little hyzer.

Got to third base on our first real date so I'm gonna keep it around for a while.

Attachments

• PXL_20210819_161913950.jpg
    PXL_20210819_161913950.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 26
Would one of you Hex guys post a profile shot for me.

I don't think I have a place for one in my game but I'm always up for trying new things because you just never know.

Thanks.